Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 64 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 63 64
S
S
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Maybe just tomayto, tomahto....
Definitely tomato, NG.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
N
Definitely tomato, NG. rotflmao

I'll bet there are several less-universally-read MBers who are vigorously scratching their heads about that cross-reference, Sugar!

G
G
I cannot seem to kick this stupid headcold (1.5 weeks) and it has been rainy so far this week, so I have made some yummy, yummy stuff.

Mon: Buffalo Chicken Soup. This was soooooooo good
Tues: Pork Tenderloin with a shallot balsamic reduction sauce. This was INSANELY delicious.
Today: Honey sesame chicken over quinoa (chx in crockpot now).

BS: 37
FWH: 37
EA: 2 months, ending June 08
Married 7 years
4 kids (2 together)
Hoping for a Recovery
S
S
I have a major weakness for buffalo chicken. Am actually planning to make buffalo chicken dip for a get-together this weekend (it's to die for...althought there must be a zillion calories in it!)

Can you share the recipe for that soup, gdar?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
Hmm .. never had buffalo chicken. HOwever tonight my BEAUTIFUL and amzing wife and I have no kids overnight so we are starting the evening off right with some of the BEST sushi to be had in Vancouver. I am soooo stoked for some sushi.

Spicy Chopped scallop rolls ...

Delicious Roll...

Rapture Roll ..

BC rolls ..

DYnamite Rolls...

*drools*

California rolls with their house spicy sauce (not very spicy more tangy but after a few you gotta drink your beer lol)

Ok .. Now I am STARVING for sushi...

M
M
Originally Posted by Gdar
I cannot seem to kick this stupid headcold

Try getting some Oil of oregano. Its a natural infection fighting anti bacterial and anti fungal solution. As soon as any one in my household starts to feel sick we take oil of oregano (get it at a health foods store).

Put 5 drops under your tongue once a day for about 2 - 5 days, you should notice a signifigant difference in your cold symptoms within 24- 48 hours.(do NOT put the drops ON your tongue you will regret it) HOld it under your tongue as long as you can (usually til your saliva glad fills your mouth and makes the oil of oregano come up close to touching top of tongue) and then wash it down with a glass of water.

What is Oil of Oregano?
Oil of Oregano

Numerous university studies have shown that Oil of Oregano is a highly potent purifier that provides many benefits for human health. It is a natural substance that is extracted from wild oregano plants, and two key compounds found in it are carvacrol and thymol. Studies have shown that both of these compounds have significant effects on harmful micro-organisms that cause many illnesses in humans.

It is important not to confuse Oil of Oregano with common oregano that is used as a spice for cooking. Common oregano is typically Origanum Marjoram, while Oil of Oregano is derived from Origanum Vulgare.

Uses of Oil of Oregano

Skin Infections
Oil of Oregano can be applied directly onto the skin to treat itches, skin infections, and irritated gums, but only if it has been diluted. Always follow the instructions on your particular bottle before applying topically onto the skin, since highly concentrated oils may first need to be mixed with Olive Oil or Coconut Oil before application (usually one teaspoon of Olive Oil or Coconut Oil per one drop of Oil of Oregano).

Digestive Problems
The high concentrations of thymol and carvacrol in Oil of Oregano have been shown to calm upset stomachs and aid digestion. Therefore, a quick home remedy for mild indigestion is to drink a glass of milk or juice that is mixed with 2 or 3 drops of the oil.

Sinus Congestion
Oil of Oregano is a wonderful natural remedy for sinus congestion. A common solution is to add 3 drops of the oil into a glass of juice and drink this mixture daily for 3 to 5 days.

Colds and Sore Throats
Oil of Oregano is an excellent early defense mechanism when you feel a cold or sore throat coming on. Simply take 3 drops of the oil once per day (you can mix it into a glass of orange juice) and you should notice results within a few hours. Repeat this once per day for up to 5 days until the symptoms are gone.

Heres a link to some info regarding it. The quote above is a snip from he article.
http://www.homeremediesweb.com/oil_of_oregano_health_benefits.php

S
S
Originally Posted by SusieQ
I have a major weakness for buffalo chicken.
Buffalo chicken? What kind of animal is this? dontknow

Have y'all been at the genetic engineering again? naughty

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
B
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by SusieQ
I have a major weakness for buffalo chicken.
Buffalo chicken? What kind of animal is this? dontknow

Have y'all been at the genetic engineering again? naughty

Boy, we really do have to educate those Brits. laugh

Is that like the question that Jessica Simpson asked about tuna?

Where she thought "Chicken of The Sea" which is tuna, she thought tuna was from chicken. crazy

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Buffalo chicken? What kind of animal is this?
rotflmao You gotta love those people across the pond.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
Well anyway, it's become clear to me that Americans (and Canadians?) are having yet ANOTHER holiday this weekend.

What do you eat?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Well anyway, it's become clear to me that Americans (and Canadians?) are having yet ANOTHER holiday this weekend.

What do you eat?
Allow me to take you on a visual tour of our menu for tomorrow: We're going to start off with this:
[Linked Image from hakkani.files.wordpress.com]

with a few generous helpings of this
[Linked Image from static.home-ec101.com]

And I think I'll make a big honking platter of
[Linked Image from farm4.static.flickr.com]

Along with a few tasty ears of
[Linked Image from visualphotos.com]

And a few of these
[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]

To soak up this
[Linked Image from 3.bp.blogspot.com]

No dessert. I'm watching my weight. rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
No dessert. I'm watching my weight. rotflmao
rotflmao

bliss that looks fantastic!

What are the crispy things that you are making a "honking platter" of? Some kind of potato? Would you mind please posting the recipe? They look delicious.

I can't quite come to term with the biscuits with butter at a meal. Biscuits are sweet, and you are supposed to have them at 4 o'clock with a cup of tea!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Those "crispy things" are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, also known as fried green tomatoes. Now, don't recoil in horror if you've never tried them! smile

3-4 green tomatoes (not too hard or with white spots. Mid-to-late growing season yields the best ones.)

Slice the tomatoes about 1/4" thick. Shake in a bag of white flour (about a cup of flour, maybe a bit more if the tomatoes are large) until coated. Place in a skillet of about 1/4" deep heated canola oil. Sprinkle a pinch of sugar on one side of the tomatoes. Lightly salt the tomatoes. Fry, flip, fry until crispy golden brown. Drain on paper towels and let cool. Eat til you ache. smile

Now, some will suggest using corn meal instead of flour, or coating the tomatoes with egg before flouring. Maybe so, but I think that's gilding the lily and just slap those puppies straight into a bag of white flour sans egg.

Sweet biscuits? You funny Brit - maybe you're referring to muffins? We have those in the morning with milk or coffee. laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009

L
L
Desert is a fresh bowl of fruit salad, peaches, oranges, grapes, berries, apples, and anything else that floats your boat.

Another yummy item, low country boil (aka frogmore stew): smoked sausage, shrimp, crab, red potato, corn on cob, old bay seasoning, water. Pretty much boil and serve.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
S
S
I can tell by the fact that it's a bit quiet around here that you are all out having street parties celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

We have a public holiday today and tomorrow here, and there are official celebrations taking place around Buckingham Palace. I was not invited! uhuh

I'm not much of a Royalist, but I might make a nice jelly with English raspberries in it for pudding.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
N
I'll toast an English muffin!

S
S
You're supposed to toast the Queen, NG!

Not under the grill, you understand...

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
You're supposed to toast the Queen, NG!

Not under the grill, you understand...
I hate to t/j this, Sugar, but when the heck are you Brits going to give the boot to that silly old woman and her parasitic off-spring? We've got people over here like them, but we call them welfare recipients! rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
I believe that you will be celebrating giving the boot to the Royal Family any day now.

Tell me what you'll be eating.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
N
Well, Saccharum officinarum, as what might pass for a prototypical USA'an (arrogant, abrasive, and uncouth - check!), let me opine, my good friend, that what is consumed on Independence Day is of less homogeneity than the methord by which it is prepared. Absent any overriding impediments (tornados, thunderstorms, plagues of locusts), the day's main meal must be cooked on an open flame, out of doors, with the use of either the gas- or charcoal-fired barbecue grill.

So across North America, south of the 49th parallel, there will be chicken, burgers, frankfurters, steaks, chops, ribs, etc, browning deliciously, accompanied by whatever vegetables can be similarly grilled, and salads of enormous variety. Accompanying this feast of Dionysian scale would be the fermented beverage of choice for adults, and carbonated drinks for the minors. Desserts would tend to focus on the iced varieties of creams and fruit juices.

The evening's festivities might include observation of fireworks, or in the NG household, the traditional viewing of the musical 1776. (Best character? John Adams in his impersonation of NeverGuessed!)

In your honor, my good friend, I will ignite a firecracker!

Page 19 of 64 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 935 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation