Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2632100 06/03/12 07:35 AM
J
JK Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My Ex will not respond to any communication, where do i go on the site to fine info on how work the plan when this happens.
I did a search and got 0 results

JK
JK #2632106 06/03/12 08:37 AM
C
C
What plan are you trying to work? Haven't you been divorced for a decade? Is this about the kids? If she refuses to relay info about the kids, or won't allow you to see them, call an attorney.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
JK #2632147 06/03/12 03:52 PM
M
M
We need more context than this to answer your question.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
JK Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Melodylane,

I didn't realize you guys had access to my old stuff. I have been divorced for 11 years, have had full custody for 6, this is NOT about my ex-wife.
I have been single for 11 years, about 4 years ago I met a wonderful woman, (LA), she is 46, has 2 kids, 17 and 15, and we fell in love. We both believe this was the most intense feeling of love we have ever had.
She was married/divorced, then engaged and broke off the engagement about 2 � years before I met her.
The guy she was engaged to developed a drug problem after a bad car accident. he eventually sold drugs, got caught and went to prison, she stood by him, he got out did it again and went back. she then left him.
About a year and a half into our relationship I got caught up in a FBI undercover sting operation and got sentenced to 10 months for securities fraud. about 5 months into my indictment, she couldn�t take the pressure and broke it off, saying we should take a break, she just couldn�t do it again. we remained friendly, talking, texting before the 10 months leading up to my reporting to prison camp, having a wonderful romantic dinner the week before I left. I wrote her letters from prison and e-mailed but never got a response. I have been home for 8 weeks.
I don�t believe she is seeing anyone. there are no photos of her with other men on FB, but her status is hidden. About 3 weeks ago she was in a benefit bachelor bachelorette auction. She won�t answer my call or respond to any communication. I need help with a plan.

JK
JK #2634241 06/09/12 09:27 PM
A
A
Sounds as though she is not interested. Leave her alone.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
J
JK Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Armymama,

Thats fine if thats the case, then she can tell me. but i don't believe it, our relationship was like a lighting strike.

U;m not ready to throw in the towel, ;m simply looking for help on some ideas with Plan A, so i can begin a dialogue.

Thanks

JK

Last edited by JK; 06/09/12 09:39 PM.

JK
JK #2634247 06/09/12 09:43 PM
C
C
It's probably the whole "I got caught up in" thing rather than anything you intended to do. Most quality women don't want to get entangled with guys who went to prison for fraud during thier relationship, so I suggest you focus on reforming yourself into an upstanding honest man, and stop stalking her FB page lest you fetch more charges.

She will let you know if she is interested. You sound dangerous by sayin that she can tell you that if that is the case.

Leave her alone.

She doesn't want to marry a felon, and that is her right.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
JK #2634249 06/09/12 09:45 PM
A
A
Marriage Builder plans are for people who are married. Dating people have an entirely different dynamic. If you have attempted to contact this woman and she hasn't responded, it is because she is not interested in you. Believe it.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
J
JK Offline OP
OP Offline
J
CWMI,

Don't be so quick to judge the integrity of an man until you know the facts about what is going on in our government. I made a mistake and learned from it, we all deserve a second chance.

We are FB friends...So looking at her page is no big deal, not stalking, again get the fact before you pass judgment.

I spoke with Steve, he suggested plan A, I'm just looking for some ideas on Plan A, if she says shes not interested I;m cool with that, I just don't believe it.

JK
JK #2634254 06/09/12 10:18 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by JK
Armymama,

Thats fine if thats the case, then she can tell me. but i don't believe it, our relationship was like a lighting strike.

U;m not ready to throw in the towel, ;m simply looking for help on some ideas with Plan A, so i can begin a dialogue.

Thanks

JK
JK, you are misunderstanding Plan A. There is nothing here to Plan A. The best advice I can give you is to send your lady friend an email, re-stating your interest. If she doesn't reply, you've got your answer.

Prisoners are well-known for having romantic interests that go south while they're doing their time. I'm sorry, but this appears to be the case, here.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

J
JK Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Then why would Steve tell me to work Plan A, and give it 6 months?

I know what plan a is, I just want some Ideas, but thanks I'll take it from here.

JK
JK #2634261 06/09/12 10:31 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by JK

I know what plan a is, I just want some Ideas, but thanks I'll take it from here.
You explained to Steve that you are a recent parolee, pining for some woman you were dating, right? He told you to Plan A her? Is that correct?

D-Day 2-10-2009

JK #2634263 06/09/12 10:41 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by JK

You have spoken with Steve and have explained everything? You've made it clear that this was a girlfriend you dated before you went to prison? You have explained that she has not responded to your overtures? You told all of this to Steve?

D-Day 2-10-2009

J
JK Offline OP
OP Offline
J
First, lets clarify, there is no parole anymore. I completed my sentence and its over, just like Martha Stewart...

Steve knows all the facts, he exact quote was, "you know the drill, just stick with the plan for 6 months, be respectful treat her like queen"

I know what to do, i was simply looking for some additional ideas to expedite interaction. I can handle it, as Steve said, I know what to do.

Thanks

JK
JK #2634267 06/09/12 10:54 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by JK
First, lets clarify, there is no parole anymore. I completed my sentence and its over, just like Martha Stewart...

Steve knows all the facts, he exact quote was, "you know the drill, just stick with the plan for 6 months, be respectful treat her like queen"

I know what to do, i was simply looking for some additional ideas to expedite interaction. I can handle it, as Steve said, I know what to do.

Thanks
Steve has already given you the help he feels you need to pursue your old girlfriend. Good luck.

D-Day 2-10-2009

JK #2634426 06/10/12 01:48 PM
I
I
Originally Posted by JK
I got caught up in a FBI undercover sting operation and got sentenced to 10 months for securities fraud.

This sounds like a weak acknowledgeent of your crime. You are describing it as something that happened to you, rather than something you did.

To reclaim your integrity, you need to be able to say, " I did X. I was wrong."No excuses, No minimizing, No blaming others ("our government").

You may be a good man who made a bad choice. Then own it. That takes courage and strength, attractive qualities.

Me 58: FWH (NC 32 yr), W 60, married 36 yr, DD 32
S
S
I always wonder about this wording.

What defines someone who committed criminal acts as a "good man who made bad choices"? How does he differ from a bad man who made bad choices?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
C
C
Originally Posted by SugarCane
I always wonder about this wording.

What defines someone who committed criminal acts as a "good man who made bad choices"? How does he differ from a bad man who made bad choices?

The so-called "good man" owns his mistakes, and has remorse and gives reparation to those he harmed. The so-called "bad man" is more like a honey badger, and just doesn't give a know-you-what. smile

Also, too, though, I think it's possible for a good person to commit a crime if their end goal is a noble one intending to help others. Like many of the people who got thrown in jail during the civil rights movement. They committed crimes in a legal sense, but it was more, imho, because the law was wrong, not the people.

He said securities fraud, right? Which sounds to me like an un-noble cause, for personal gain. Which of course can be forgiven if there is a change in the moral compass of the criminal along with all the remorse and reparation (gladly given, not just to keep your rear end out of jail again).

(Oscar Wilde)
S
S
So, the civil rights example aside, what makes the difference is how the person behaved after the acts were committed? So we can't call them bad people at the time their acts are being committed?

Are criminals bad people at the time they are committing their acts? I think they are.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
C
C
Their actions are bad, no doubt. I don't like calling people 'bad' unless they are terminally rotten, and pretty much have been throughout their entire adult life. We see lots of people on this board who do not only criminal acts, but sin against God, who were good people before and after but pretty heinous individuals during.

You can call people whatever you want, Sugar.

I think someone who got dumped by a girlfriend after a conviction and is now upset that she won't talk to him is 'dangerous'. Not far from bad! If he moved on, I would not think him dangerous. Right now, he seems obsessive and dangerous. But that can change.

(Oscar Wilde)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 454 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation