Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Letty #2634220 06/09/12 06:26 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Thank you Letty. I am very wary about it and he knows that it's going to be an uphill battle to earn my trust back but so far he is trying. He is spending more time with me and the kids, is being very open. I asked him about where he goes every Thursday and Friday night, I am aware he is with the guys but the LOCATION is what I wanted to hear from him. For the past 3 years he told me they hang out at his friend's house but I have known that they actually all rented an apartment to hang out at. Here the men gather at a certain room in a friend's house nightly, drink tea, discuss sports, politics, this is the society and women absolutely do not go. His friends drink and therefore cannot do it at anyone's house so they rented an apartment (not unusual). My DH told me about it when they were first discussing it 3 years ago. I was supportive (most men do not and will not ever tell their wives). �Anyway, he didn't tell me when they actually did and I've known about it. I asked him and he told me the truth. They rented the apt and he didn't tell me before so as time went on he felt it was too late. One of my requirements was for him to tell me exactly where he is. I said he could've told me many times as I have known all along and gave him chances to tell me, he thought I would be angry. Anyway, it may seem like a small thing but it is a huge sign to me that he is willing to do make our marriage better. He has told me repeatedly how relieved he feels that I know now. He said he felt like he would be breaking his friends' trust by telling me but knows now that the only person's trust he wants is mine. He promised to tell me everything from now on, no more secrets, no more omitting anything. I hope this is the case and I know only time will tell.�

I have a question though, at what point does one tell their spouse about MB? I mean, shouldn't I wait for a while to make sure he is indeed wanting recovery and not just trying to make me happy until it all 'blows over'? I know I sound skeptical of him but I can't help it.�

BrokenMama #2634234 06/09/12 08:30 PM
L
L
i'm glad to hear you're seeing some changes.

Originally Posted by brokenmama
at what point does one tell their spouse about MB?

hmm, i'm not an expert there. my H knew about MB from the start, because i wanted to build a MB marriage before i knew there was trouble brewing.

i think you can talk in terms of concepts (openness and honesty, lovebusters, LB$, etc) while you are working on this. the terms simplify (distill) things, are easy to understand, and easy to manage discussion about relationship things. it's a heck of a lot easier (and better) to be able to say that something is a lovebuster making a w/drawal from your LB$, or, conversely, an EN making a deposit! you want to sell him on the programme, and so have to show its benefits to him. i personally don't think springing the whole shebang on him at once would be a way to do that.

you should sound skeptical. i'd be worried if you didn't!

my H went through counselling with SH, and was really put out by it (steve calls a spade a spade!). however, he is onboard with MB now, as he's seeing the results of using the programme. despite his issues with talking with SH, it was money well spent.

once your H is onboard with things going well *using* MB, you can introduce him to the whole programme. but i'd like input from vets on that. committing to using the whole programme is what will recover your marriage, so it's what you're going to need to do. the timeline is the question.

vets?

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
Letty #2635686 06/14/12 06:50 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hi all,

Just an update. DH is being very open and loving, not going out, calling me from work, spending more time with me and kids. I'm still checking and haven't found anything. I am still wary about showing him MB, is that wrong? I'm not sure if it is too early and would just like some advice as to when it is a good time.

BrokenMama #2635699 06/14/12 08:26 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by BrokenMama
Hi all,

Just an update. DH is being very open and loving, not going out, calling me from work, spending more time with me and kids. I'm still checking and haven't found anything. I am still wary about showing him MB, is that wrong? I'm not sure if it is too early and would just like some advice as to when it is a good time.
Don't tell him about MB.

Are you telling us that he is still in the house? Wasn't he supposed to be out? Did you not tell him this? He is playing you. He was supposed to be out. You have shown him that you don't mean what you say. This will not help you. Do you want to end his affair or not??

Has he sent the NC letter? Has this affair been exposed? What have you done to expose the affair?

You're waiting for him to do the right thing. HE'S NOT GOING TO. You're going to have to make this happen, BM. But it's not going to happen if you let him play you.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

maritalbliss #2635790 06/15/12 04:21 AM
B
OP Offline
B
We did send the NC letter. I packed his bags and gave his plan b letter, that's when he said he do anything I want to stay together. He gave me all passwords, agreed to no opposite sex relationships, agreed to transparency and everything I've asked of him. I updated about all of that last week. Am I still supposed to kick him out?

BrokenMama #2635803 06/15/12 05:32 AM
B
B
We did send the NC letter. I packed his bags and gave his plan b letter, that's when he said he do anything I want to stay together. He gave me all passwords, agreed to no opposite sex relationships, agreed to transparency and everything I've asked of him. I updated about all of that last week. Am I still supposed to kick him out?

What were all your conditions in your Plan B letter? What EPs has he set up? What conditions led to his affair? Have these been eliminated?

If he doesn't come correct you could be set up for a false recovery.

Have you read these?
False Recovery
False recovery voice of experience

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrokenMama #2635859 06/15/12 10:14 AM
Just an update...

I packed his bags and gave him letter. He said he doesn't want to leave and he'll do anything I want to save our marriage. We sent the NC letter, he said that his actions and his friendship with her was hurtful to me and that he was wrong. �He gave me passwords to everything. Agreed to no going out without me knowing exactly where he is and checking in. No more opposite sex friends. Will start marriage counseling. Does not want 'privacy' anymore. Told me that she really is just a friend and that he shouldn't have been having conversations with her, that he never had any romantic feelings towards her. I told him that if he is going outside of our marriage and having another woman meet any of his needs, it is cheating, whether there are romantic feelings involved or not. He agreed. He said he will be completely transparent and honest, he loves me, loves our family and doesn't want to destroy it.�

I am having a hard time though. How do you move on? How does one know if they are being truthful when I cannot have a polygraph done? How do I ensure we don't have a false recovery? If he agreed to everything, do I just go back to plan A and meeting his needs? I will snoop, probably forever. I hope that he is sincere, I just don't know how to move forward. Advice on the whole situation from you guys would be helpful. Thank you so much for everything!�

These are the ever looming questions most of us BS�s have. Unfortunately, there is no clear cut answer. It is highly personal. Losing the security of your M is like swimming in the ocean without a life preserver. We know too well how it feels to have your instincts that you have relied upon in your marriage vanish.

What I can tell you is that for me at least, following MB�s to the fullest extent for a full 5 months now with a FWW fully on-board, I am starting to get a sense (albeit small) of security returning. Only with continued ACTIONS over a very long period of time will you know if they are being truthful.

Unfortunately for us, we had a 9mo FR and it was indeed much worse than the A itself. I wish I would have had MB at that time. It would have potentially saved a tremendous amount of heartbreak.

The feelings you have now are temporary. As hard as that is to digest at this time, it is indeed true that you will have a point in time when you will feel relief, however this turns out for you.

The vets here will certainly guide you on the best path. If however, you can find a way to fully incorporate MB�s into your recovery, Feelings do Follow Actions.

MB saved my M. I truly believe we would not be recovering so wonderfully without it and would be Divorced. Time Time Time. It is indeed a marathon not a sprint. Be prepared for many highs and lows.

20YearHistory #2635864 06/15/12 10:19 AM
One additional thought that Dr Harley has proved time and time again.

EP's in my M is what my trust is fully based on. As he says, we are all wired for an A. Actions indeed are the key. Words are cheap. EP's and boundaries with the opposite sex will help you gain a basis of trust.

20YearHistory #2636026 06/15/12 05:24 PM
L
L
mama, how's it going? is he still on board? the thing is, often a spouse will agree to everything, behave the way you've always hoped, but once they see it works, they will slide backwards. i hope your WH has seen the light, but you still need to be diligent. do you have an update? please reply to BHs Qs.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
BrokenMama #2636133 06/15/12 09:31 PM
M
M
Hi all,

Tell us what's been going on since the last time you posted.

Please remind me - was the affair exposed? Has your WH written an NC letter that you approved of and mailed to OW?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

maritalbliss #2636339 06/16/12 01:16 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I exposed to everyone I could. We sent NC letter. He has agreed to everything I've asked. He gave me passwords to everything, agreed to no opposite sex friendships, is spending more time with us and goes out only on Thursday. He calls me when he gets there, answers my calls while he is there, is so far transparent.

What other EP should I put in place? Should I be doing more?

BrokenMama #2636370 06/16/12 03:28 PM
B
B
I exposed to everyone I could. We sent NC letter. He has agreed to everything I've asked. He gave me passwords to everything, agreed to no opposite sex friendships, is spending more time with us and goes out only on Thursday. He calls me when he gets there, answers my calls while he is there, is so far transparent.

What other EP should I put in place? Should I be doing more?
Look at this Extraordinary Precautions

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2636371 06/16/12 03:29 PM
B
B
Listen to this radio clip of what Dr. Harley tells a WH he needs to do to save his marriage.
Radio clip at 3:50 mark

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

BrainHurts #2636403 06/16/12 05:06 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Thank you BrainHurts, I will read and listen now.

BrokenMama #2636425 06/16/12 06:26 PM
B
B
Thank you BrainHurts, I will read and listen now.
You're very welcome.

Good and let us know what you think and any questions.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

BrainHurts #2636446 06/16/12 07:38 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I'm going to have to have him write a list of EPs that he feels is what's needed for compensation, then I will add whatever is needed by me to the list. So far he has been very open, loving, and the whole nine yards, I just need more time I think before I'll start to feel better.

I will sit down with him tomorrow and ask him to make the list. I'll also discuss his top EN and tell him mine, we may very well think something different than what they are!

BrokenMama #2636448 06/16/12 07:42 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Oh, yesterday the kids were out so we spent pretty much the whole day alone, talking about everything from when we first met up until now. Quite a few ENs were met by both of us yesterday and it was a very good day. Today he kept telling me how much fun it was, hugging me, kissing me, and said we have to do it more often. I told him we need to start spending A LOT more time alone together so tomorrow we're planning on going for coffee and breakfast, something we used to do but haven't in a very long time!

BrokenMama #2636449 06/16/12 07:44 PM
B
B
I'm going to have to have him write a list of EPs that he feels is what's needed for compensation, then I will add whatever is needed by me to the list. So far he has been very open, loving, and the whole nine yards, I just need more time I think before I'll start to feel better.

I will sit down with him tomorrow and ask him to make the list. I'll also discuss his top EN and tell him mine, we may very well think something different than what they are!

I would have both of you fill these out.
EN questionnaire
Lovebusters questionnaire

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

BrainHurts #2636617 06/17/12 04:25 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Thank you once again Brainhurts, will get on it ASAP.

BrokenMama #2637326 06/19/12 08:48 AM
T
T
How are things going there?

TinT--Trouble in Texas

Me: 40
Husband: 38
Married for 17 years
Together for 20 years
DD15
DS13
DS4

H's EA discovered 1/1/12
Caller on radioshow 5/8/12
Been in counseling with SHarley since 5/17/12
On the road to recover my marriage
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (Mature, 1 invisible), 1,216 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation