Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
E
Hi Mo3M, you have already taken the first steps in showing your husband the threats. The best would be for the two of you to discuss safety and security for your family. Then be alert (but don't live in fear), if she continues with the threats you may want to file a complaint with law enforcement. My husband's ex went as far as smashing my windscreen so I don't take light of threats from ex mistresses.

NO SPAMMERS!!
M
M
Hi there,

If you have objections to Dr. Harley's "no nights apart" policy, could you please bring them up on one of your own threads? It's very distracting to other posters who come here seeking Marriage Builders help when this board becomes a place where many conflicting opinions are presented.

Dr. Harley is a clinical psychologist with four decades of experience specializing in infidelity. There are reasons for his recommendations, like "no nights apart," and you might not be aware of all those reasons. But since he's been at this for forty years, he has probably heard some of the things you are saying and has shared answers to them and reasons why he still makes those recommendations. So can we discuss them with you here or on another new thread, rather than interfering with posters who come here seeking to be helped using Dr. Harley's advice?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by markos
Hi there,

If you have objections to Dr. Harley's "no nights apart" policy, could you please bring them up on one of your own threads? It's very distracting to other posters who come here seeking Marriage Builders help when this board becomes a place where many conflicting opinions are presented.

Dr. Harley is a clinical psychologist with four decades of experience specializing in infidelity. There are reasons for his recommendations, like "no nights apart," and you might not be aware of all those reasons. But since he's been at this for forty years, he has probably heard some of the things you are saying and has shared answers to them and reasons why he still makes those recommendations. So can we discuss them with you here or on another new thread, rather than interfering with posters who come here seeking to be helped using Dr. Harley's advice?

If you look in the thread you will see that I thought the guy was military if he is military he absolutely HAS to do what he is told despite the state of his marriage or go to jail. I was simply stating that he could start thinking of what he can do to help keep his marriage in the best state he can while being apart vs. telling a military guy to go A Wall.

Tammy

BS (me) 33 WH (dh) 32
married for 12 yrs-3 kids 11,9 and 4 yrs old
DDay Jan 2005 told of EA with OW1 believed the story found out it was a PA on 11/2010
Another PA also with another woman sometime in between
multiple one night stand on business trips
DD summer 2007 received a letter from a woman believed dh it was from an online affiar. Found out 11/2010 she was also a PA.
DDay Nov 7th 2010 found email saying I love you to OW:(
Last PA was 3/2010-11/2010
NC Dec 9th
M
M
I am looking in the thread.

And I am horrified that you continue arguing and posting your own personal opinions.

If you don't know what Dr. Harley says about it, and you have four other posters telling you Dr. Harley would disagree with you, doesn't that tell you something? Even if you disagree, isn't this still Dr. Harley's board, where the whole point is to learn his program?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
Correction: You went off on a tangent about how it's perfectly safe to have a traveling job while married ON A HURTING NEWBIE'S THREAD.

Last edited by Prisca; 07/10/12 01:13 PM.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

P
P
How have you managed to come up with the magic formula to make traveling jobs safe when Dr. Harley himself, who has been studying the problem for 40 years, STILL hasn't found a solution?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

M
OP Offline
M
**edit** Again I thought the guy was military in which he would not have a CHOICE in the matter or I would have never said anything. If he is really military no one has said if I had that right or not how is being in jail not being away from his spouse so he is going to be away either when they tell him to or by going to jail. **edit** However if he truly doesnt have a choice and I am talking about jail not just missing an income then the best plan is to come up with ideas to make the best at meeting the EN which is why I spoke of the emails and texting and pictures.

Tammy

Last edited by MBLBanker; 07/10/12 01:37 PM. Reason: If you have a question about moderating decisions, please email the moderators with your concerns.

BS (me) 33 WH (dh) 32
DDay Jan 2005 told of EA with OW1 believed the story found out it was a PA on 11/2010
DD summer 2007 received a letter from a woman believed dh it was from an online affiar. Found out 11/2010 she was also a PA.
NC Dec 9th
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Prisca
How have you managed to come up with the magic formula to make traveling jobs safe when Dr. Harley himself, who has been studying the problem for 40 years, STILL hasn't found a solution?

How is any job safe if a spouse goes to work? There are hotels in town for a 10am meeting.

Again I thought the guy said military and I saw something about deployment - that is not really a choice!

Whether we like it or not families need a salary on some level to survive and being in jail does not help the marriage and makes it a whole lot harder to meet ENs.

Tammy

BS (me) 33 WH (dh) 32
NC Dec 9th
M
M
Originally Posted by mommyof3monkeys

How is any job safe if a spouse goes to work? There are hotels in town for a 10am meeting.

Again I thought the guy said military and I saw something about deployment - that is not really a choice!

Whether we like it or not families need a salary on some level to survive and being in jail does not help the marriage and makes it a whole lot harder to meet ENs.

Tammy

So your solution to the military spouse problem is to tell people that marriages apart can work anyway, simply because they have to and it is not practical to do otherwise, even though Dr. Harley says this is a recipe for disaster? Is that about right?

Because people have to work, therefore they should be advised not to worry about the impact of a traveling job on a marriage, and given rare examples where it seems to have worked out?

P
P
then the best plan is to come up with ideas to make the best at meeting the EN which is why I spoke of the emails and texting and pictures.

And as Melodylane said, "Unfortunately, you can't sustain romantic love in a marriage unless you are together every day."

You are suggesting the impossible and giving false hope.

He can certainly try it. Chances are, it won't work.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

P
P
Originally Posted by markos
Originally Posted by mommyof3monkeys

Tammy

So your solution to the military spouse problem is to tell people that marriages apart can work anyway, simply because they have to and it is not practical to do otherwise, even though Dr. Harley says this is a recipe for disaster? Is that about right?

Because people have to work, therefore they should be advised not to worry about the impact of a traveling job on a marriage, and given rare examples where it seems to have worked out?
Giving people false hope is a GREAT solution.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

B
B
Have you heard any of the radio shows of Dr. Harley talking about military marriages?

Radio clip on military marriages
Segment #2
Segment #3

Radio clip on military marriages and alcoholics
Segment #2
Segment #3
Segment #4

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Also this on traveling jobs.

Traveling Jobs

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

U
U
Tammy if your H is still traveling for work I think this is a very bad, bad idea. I don't honestly know how you can feel any safety or security in your M when this factor has not changed, especially since he seems to have cheated multiple times WHILE traveling for work!

My H used to be a consultant and he traveled often. He also had a ONS and multiple other indiscretions while traveling for work. As part of our recovery he understands that this is NOT AN OPTION. He has moved jobs a couple of times and in his previous job and his current one, as a corporate executive, he does NOT travel. We recently discussed some changes in his company and how his role could change and that might affect traveling, and I made it quite clear that he would be looking for a new job if it did because a traveling role is not. gonna. happen.

He just sets the standard for himself by taking roles that do not require travel. It can be done. Will it hurt his career? Perhaps. Frankly I think that people respect a man who has good morals and puts his life first, and therefore so far people seem to respect that and it has affected him in a positive and not a negative way.

I don't know what your H does for a living, but if it requires travel then it needs to change or I fear that this recovery of yours is short lived.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation