Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I have to share with you the incrediable power I experienced in POPW as I dealt with my FWH A. It is an awesome testimony to God keeping his promises and answering prayers.

I have looked at the MB site several times over the years. Read HNHN years ago. I am a child of divorce so I've done alot of reading over the years in hopes of avoiding putting my children through divorce, infidelity, etc. etc. Giving them a strong foundations starting with spiritual foundation and our marriage. Someone shared a copy of POPW with me years ago. I have several of Stormies books and keep POPW nearby along with my Bible.

When I became suspicious of my FWH behavior I didn't pick-up and reread the books I had on A's, I picked up POPW. I kept a copy of POWP or prayers cards with me. I prayed over everything and everyone -- including the OW. I would walk the floors of my house and close my door at work walking the floors reading the prayers one after the other outloud, other times parahprasing and reciting by memory. But the most incrediable thing happen the day of NC.

D-Day was the Wednesday before Christmas. FWH and OW had fight next day. No NC until the next Tues after Christmas. Tue NC broken, PA resumed. Trying to prove he was not using her he visited her briefly Weds and Thurs. By friday I figured out contact had resumed and I was a basket case. Office was closed so I hid at work. Pacing the floors, on the phone, crying, a horrible day. Thought about leaving him, considering retaliating, I had lost it.

About 4:00 I found myself on my knees pleading with God to forgive me for any wrongdoing to him or my H. As each came to me I prayed for forgiveness. Then I started praying some of the things I had memorized from POPW. I prayed for God to reveal to both of them the error of their ways like a battering Ram of Revelation. To fill their hearts with guilt and remorse. To break (and severe) any emotional ties that bind them. I asked him to fill them with disdain, distaste, disgust for one another. I closed asking God to "bring him home!" I was not referring to physically bring him home either.

Much happened between 4:00 and 10:30 that night. I went home, he was displeased with me and accused me of being manipulative bc I had made arrangements for the children to stay with my mom, actually planning on spending some time with someone or too myself -- I was emotionally exhausted. He went to his sisters to work on her plumbing. I confirmed this on my way to his mothers to watch a ballgame and take her some flowers -- she maintained a steady stance unbiasly through it all -- and was pretty tore up herself. I returned home about 9:00 took a bath, got a glass of wine (something I don't do often), and sat down to watch WOW 2006 DVD.

The first video was playing "I'll take you back." When my husband walked in the door, tears in his eyes, I mean the kind that take your breath away. He glaced at the t.v. did not see me, then turned to see me on the couch. He picked me up, sat me in his lap, and hugged me like he had never before. I was at a loss of words. He cried and cried. Then he started saying, still holding onto me, can you ever forgive me, I am so sorry I hurt you. I honestly sighed. Forgiveness was not a question, but what do I say. I said "I will." We stayed there for a little while longer and he went upstairs to wash his face. I followed to check on him as he got in bed. Asked him if he wanted me to come to bed and he asked for some time alone -- I stayed downstairs for another two hours and he was sound asleep when I went to bed. He slept half the day the next day. He later told me he laid there and prayed until he fell asleep.

Behind the scenes. What happened between the time he left me at the house and came in the door crying is nothing short of miraculous and God' clearly answering prayers. He called her from his sisters several times. Nothing but an exchange of ugly words. Left ugly messages on voicemail, etc. Then she would not answer the phone. She has history of suicide and he was worried, so he went over to her house. She wouldn't respond, when she finally did threats were made back and forth to call the cops, etc. He finally called her sister. Then went back to his sisters house. He said he sat there for at least 30 minutes, crying. What am I doing? I have a wife who loves me, etc. etc. "I want to go home."

He later shared with me a conversation with a Pastor that he worked with. The Pastor asked him if he had any emotional feelings toward the OW. He said no! They were gone, severed that night -- that Friday night.

Now if you are not making any connections reread my prayer. I have repeatedly been in awe since that day. Never, I do mean never in my life has God so clearly answered my prayers.

I firmly believe the affair would have continued in one of those awful situations where it goes on and on, if I had not had the faith and the resource provided in POPW.

In the months leading up to this, I knew the information in the books, but could not bring myself to choke down a length book. It was the equivelent of trying to eat paper. The only thing that I could get through was POPW. I continue to keep a copy with me everywhere I go.

Last edited by Blessed_Angel; 09/22/06 09:04 AM.

19 years FBS 38 (Me) FWH 39 D-Day 12/21/05 NC 12/30/05 My Story: http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3102744&an=0&page=0#Post3102744 DD-14 DD-9 "God is my refuge"
H
H
That is wonderful. I pray every day for my husband and the OW and myself and our children... pleading with Christ to turn our situation around. I can only hope that he will allow God back into his life and it will bring my husband home, too.

I am BW to WH of 9 years, 11 together
5 kids- 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 years old
OW is in another state, WH moved to be with her and her 3 kids
D-day of EA/PA Jan 11, Fully Disclosed July 2011
Plan B September 11 against my will when WH filed Divorce
OW dumped WH in May, WH wants divorce final but to work on things
Divorce Settlement Facilitation Completed, divorce final second week of July
C
C
WOW! loved the testimony that I just read. I am in recovery mode from my husbands affair last yr. This testimiony really encourages me to continue to pray. GOD ANSWERS PRAYER! and he
doesnt want to see a marriage go down the tubes. I prayed for my
situation daily, hourly while we were going thru this ordeal. My husband never left me for the OW. I am so greatful that the devil finally lost his battle with my husband. My husband wasnt the same man that I had married thru it all. You could tell that he had totally lost his walk with the LORD. After it was over, he told me that he even stopped praying all together because he was so lost in sin. Thanks to my family and close friends who didnt give up. We are now recovering and going to counseling. It has been a nightmare but I can only continue to pray for everything to turn out to be better in the end. The recovery process for myself though is rough!!

L
L
POPW has really helped me. I am actually getting back into it after a few months away...I can tell the difference when I don't pray for my H...he is just plain MEAN and hurtful. Of course, I have contributed to our bad situation. I wish this thread were more active! smile

M
M
I wish this thread were more active!
In what way, loves?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation