Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
Can you get into Plan B and protect yourself from his drama?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
OP Offline
H
My kids leave to spend 5 weeks with him in another state next week? I simply don't know how to go NC with that situation. My oldest is only 9.

I am BW to WH of 9 years, 11 together
5 kids- 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 years old
OW is in another state, WH moved to be with her and her 3 kids
D-day of EA/PA Jan 11, Fully Disclosed July 2011
Plan B September 11 against my will when WH filed Divorce
OW dumped WH in May, WH wants divorce final but to work on things
Divorce Settlement Facilitation Completed, divorce final second week of July
H
OP Offline
H
Where can I find the info about letter writing for plan B?

B
B
Originally Posted by HopeforChange
Where can I find the info about letter writing for plan B?
Read all of this and go to the end because it has the templates for Plan B letters.
How to plan B properly

Also can you get a prepaid phone for DD9? Then you won't need to talk to him.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
OP Offline
H
Unfortunately our parenting plan requires a LOT of direct contact. He wanted a ton of contact about the kids nonstop and even if Si got my oldest a prepaid cell during her weeks they are supposed to go there this summer, she is special needs so despite her being 9, it's more like 5 emotionally in delays, lacking maturity and my youngest who will go is just barely 3. I can't count on that for contact with then while they are gone.

I'm not sure what I would address with the letter? He said he's not in a relationship her anymore, but I don't know if it's zero contact and have no way of knowing since he lives in another state and the divorce will be final this week. I keep wanting him to step up and offer these things I need like NC, financial support above state minimums which aren't enough to provide for our children and will have me trapped in a poverty cycle, complete openness/honesty. He hasnt so I have to assume that he isn't 100% committed yet and I deserve that.

J
J
" I keep wanting him to step up and offer these things I need like NC, b financial support above state minimums which aren't enough to provide for our children and will have me trapped in a poverty cycle, complete openness/honesty. He hasnt so I have to assume that he isn't 100% committed yet and I deserve that."

It is insane to expect your ex wayward husband to "step up and offer NC."
He is an irresponsible person that broke up his family. You cannot reasonably expect him to be responsible.

The old saying that most women are one husband away from the welfare line is unfortunately true. Make use of ALL social services you can. Don't expect anything from your ex. If you do he will string you along for years and you will never get emotionally past your divorce.

Don't say I can't. That's resignation.
Say I CAN. Then find the advice, resources and help you need to GET THE JOB DONE.
As for plan B there are many in similar circumstances that should be able to provide guidance. It is up to you to accept what is offered and do it.

H
OP Offline
H
I am using all social assistance I can. Sadly, it's not enough. I got nothing in settlement and couldn't afford trial to get my share (would have all gone to trial expenses I'm sure.). He had $99,000 go through his hands since last October and I got nothing from it other than the $6,000 ordered in April I've been living off of. The other woman got thousands and thousands. I will get $1155 a month in child support for 5 kids starting in August if he actually pays plus $1600 a month rehabilitative for a short time. I got the mortgage of $1001 a month and the van payment of $569 a month plus all the expenses of a home and kids, 50% school expenses (which is really 100% then wait for reimbursement), 30% medical expenses on the kids (which are high for my oldest and youngest), no insurance on me or my house or van, all my student loans of which they will not defer them. I am stretched every possible way physically and emotionally as a single mom to 5 kids. I've been looking for a job that will outweigh childcare costs and had no luck. Looking for a work at home reliable income no luck. I do not have family to help, friends to help, and my church doesn't help either. I'm on my own and losing my mind over this. I'm so scared all the time I'll make one wrong move and have huge consequences that will hurt my kids.

It's now down to 3 weeks of his 6 in summer of parenting time and he still hasn't come gotten our children. I didn't want to send them but at the same time needed a small break to have freedom to try and find a job and get things done without the expenses of a sitter. He took the deduction from childcare for travel to see them but hasn't yet.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,115 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation