Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
N
N
Poster eastbeachgirl

Aka S2

I know what's next. I filed for D. Original betrayal and two FR's in one year. I'm done.

A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.

M
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Bill, Dr. H has made it clear that it is shaky at best to enter into another relationship while you are still married. Be very careful about trying to build any romantic relationships right now. You are still married. I still hope for the best for you.

When has this forum or Dr. Harley EVER given his consent to date while still married? Dr. Harley goes to great lengths to let people know this is one of the worst things ever. It is thoughtless and deceptive to have an affair and to date while married. To date while married may not have the same level of lies as an affair, but it still has its own share of lies and deceit.

One needs time ... lots and lots of time to get honest with themselves as to why their spouse divorced them. The greatest lie of all is to make a vow and then tell yourself it is okay to break it just because your spouse already broke it.

When has this forum ever been okay with breaking the vow of marriage? Affair or dating while married ... still thoughtless and still deceitful.

M
M
I can't find her NP ... how are you BTW?

M
M
I remember eastbeachgirl because I posted to her and she told me she was not legally married to Bill:

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...in=164130&Number=2528522#Post2528522

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
**edit**

Last edited by MBLBanker; 08/05/12 09:28 PM. Reason: TOS: disruptive and disrespectful
M
M
Originally Posted by Godgivmestrength
When has this forum or Dr. Harley EVER given his consent to date while still married? Dr. Harley goes to great lengths to let people know this is one of the worst things ever. It is thoughtless and deceptive to have an affair and to date while married. To date while married may not have the same level of lies as an affair, but it still has its own share of lies and deceit.

You are absolutely right. Dr Harley has never defended dating while married, which IS infidelity.

If that practice was going to be defended it should have been pointed out that Bill is not actually married.

The bottom line is that dating while married *IS* infidelity! PERIOD! That is the truth, and not an opinion.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by Chipep
**edit**
Well, there's no need to post on an anti-adultery forum at all if you believe there is nothing wrong in dating when you haven't even filed for divorce.

**edit**

Last edited by MBLBanker; 08/05/12 09:31 PM. Reason: Editing out moderated quote and comment

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
**edit**

Someone is a "dog" if they point out that dating while married is infidelity? FOR REAL? crazy I honestly don't think one has to be a "dog" to know right from wrong.

woof! laugh

Last edited by MBLBanker; 08/05/12 09:32 PM. Reason: Editing out moderated quote

Exposure 101

M
M
If Eastbeachgirl is for real and Bill is this man, then this entire thread is sick...it is full of deceit, manipulation, a complete fantasy that is twisted and delusional.

***EDIT*** Something is not adding up here ... why is EBG's post completely deleted from his thread?

Something creepy is going on ... hum?

Last edited by Ariel; 08/05/12 09:15 PM. Reason: TOS: Personal attack
M
M
Originally Posted by BillCarolina
I will file for divorce next month.

With what marriage? Were you legally married?

S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I remember eastbeachgirl because I posted to her and she told me she was not legally married to Bill:

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...in=164130&Number=2528522#Post2528522
Good grief.

That story is so very different from the one he posted.

The differences in their stories make me wonder.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
N
Separating the variables, here....

Bill, I'm sorry you have had to make this decision to terminate the marriage, but it seems you know what you're doing it that matter. Try to assist your DSD through the trauma she will be suffering, as supposedly in her the life-model that all parents should attempt to be has thrown it away for her WW lifestyle.

As for the other issue, your actions are your responsibility, and your business. Please understand that to the folks here, until you ARE NOT married, you ARE married. Coming back after all the elapsed time, announcing that you intend to pursue personal emotional attachments with a woman other than your current spouse, is no less likely to raise a furor than walking into a PETA convention and loudly offering a free veal dinner to all in attendance.

So my questions to you are: Did you not know that? (If not, you are not as well-versed in the MB principles as you should be.) If you did anticipate the reaction, why do it?

(Just as an aside, that DSD who needs support and reassurance to process her mother's whorish lifestyle, is now just a little less likely to get what she needs from her step-father.)

But, I can without fear wish you a speedy and manageable dissolution.

And as for you, Chippie: It's been six months. It should have been longer.

B
OP Offline
B
Go back and read the postings by EBG....."some" of it is true. She left out that she had been carrying on an affair for over a year, 2010 into 2011, with a man much older than her own father......AND that she had an affair with this same guy when she was married to her first husband.....she's a serial cheater.
In South Carolina were are seen as "common law Married" and the divorce has to be adjudicated by the courts.
My bottom line is that I never cheated on my wife when we were together!!!
EBG only told you part of "Her" truth.
There was much much more that she didn't tell you.
I'm done......good luck to all!!

BH(Me)= 55
WW(Her)=43
DD=24 (My step-daughter, been raising her since the age of 8, SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!)
Married=13 yrs
Together=16.5 yrs
THIS IS MY STORY
WW moved out of the home = May 1,2011
D-Day=July 4, 2011
Dear Wife: I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you!.....as of Aug-2012 forget that last part....Good Luck to you and GOODBYE!!
"Mourn the woman she was. Know the woman she is."
S
S
So it's okay for each of us to have our individual "bottom line" when it comes to infidelity? Your relationship began after you separated, so in your book that is not infidelity.

Using individual and shifting definitions of infidelity is what waywards do. To them, their affairs are not wrong because the marriage was dead before the new relationship began. No doubt that is what your wife told you.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
C
C
**edit**

Someone is a "dog" if they point out that dating while married is infidelity? FOR REAL? crazy I honestly don't think one has to be a "dog" to know right from wrong.

woof! laugh

Make that a double woof and a bow wow thrown in for good measure

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
M
M
Go back and read the postings by EBG....."some" of it is true. She left out that she had been carrying on an affair for over a year, 2010 into 2011,

Well, you weren't married so i'ts not an affair, But let's say some agree with you that you are "common law married," then how is your affair right and hers wrong? Isn't that a double standard?

Exposure 101

S
S
Go back and read the postings by EBG....."some" of it is true. She left out that she had been carrying on an affair for over a year, 2010 into 2011, with a man much older than her own father......AND that she had an affair with this same guy when she was married to her first husband.....she's a serial cheater.
In South Carolina were are seen as "common law Married" and the divorce has to be adjudicated by the courts.
EBG only told you part of "Her" truth.
There was much much more that she didn't tell you.
I'm done......good luck to all!!
Wait a minute - is this a GCW post? Do we need to nominate it for an award?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Do I have some more competition?? sigh

Exposure 101

B
B
Do I have some more competition?? sigh
Nope, you're in a league all your own. laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
R
A renter.

Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation