Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2656050 08/13/12 10:05 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Grace and I were talking about movies and we remembered one we wanted to watch. I think it was about a son who was getting married and the parents told him about the affair... I think that's right. I know it was pro marriage and it was discussed here, but cannot find the thread or remember the name of it

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
N
N
The closest I can dredge up is Arsenic and Old Lace, but the aunts told him, not the parents! (But Cary Grant, Peter Lorre, and Raymond Massey headed up a great cast!)

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
The closest I can dredge up is Arsenic and Old Lace, but the aunts told him, not the parents! (But Cary Grant, Peter Lorre, and Raymond Massey headed up a great cast!)

Sounds similar. Someone posted about a new movie a few months back (according to my wife). I think that was the one she was thinking about

i put your suggestion in the insta-q for netflix though

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
M
Originally Posted by celticvoyager
Grace and I were talking about movies and we remembered one we wanted to watch. I think it was about a son who was getting married and the parents told him about the affair... I think that's right. I know it was pro marriage and it was discussed here, but cannot find the thread or remember the name of it

CV
Are you thinking of "The Mother"?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
OP Offline
C
No. That wasn't it. I think I will just have to scan through posts when I have time... It's one of those things that's on the edge of your mind but you can't recall it... Rrrr.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
J
J
I dont remember an affair in arsenic and old lace.
He lived with his crazy aunts who murdered single old men and a uncle that thought he was teddy rosevelt
He was a happy bachelor and wanted to marry but when he discovered all their insanity he didn't want to because he thought it was hereditary and that he would go insane.

S
S
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
NG, H and I went to see Arsenic and Old Lace this year. We have membership to a film club and we both have a love of old films. We don't think there was much worth seeing that was made after 1959!

We hated that film, though. We thought I had a terrible performance by Cary Grant, who gurned and pulled faces all the way through. It wasn't really acting. Apparently he hated the film, too.

Sorry, cv. You can have your thread back now!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
H
H
Dunno.

But, there was a gut-wrenching (for me) moment in The Vow.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation