Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2658929 08/24/12 09:15 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Hi SS,

How are you?

It's SAB. I'm sorry we lost contact. I lost your contact info. I've missed you & Wendy and thought you might be here. Please let me know.

S
S
Hello!!

How are you???
I hope you (and family) are doing mostly well.
Family and church being what they are, I have not been a regular on MB for quite a while.
Did you get to camp this year?
Have things settled down for you yet?

Are you mostly happy most of the time.
From your (new) user name, I would guess that all is not well.
I had better go look at your posts and see what is happening. I can probably comment better once I read your posts.

I have been in upstate NY (north of Albany)this week on business. Fly home tomorrow. I will try to read some of your posts soon.

May God bless you.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
W
OP Offline
W
It's good to hear from you. Upstate NY? So near and yet so far. How close to Buffalo? I'm in Toronto, northeast side of Lake Ontario & the Falls.
*edit*

Last edited by MBSeasons; 08/25/12 08:27 PM. Reason: Emails are removed for the protection of our posters.
W
OP Offline
W
Are you still there SS?

S
S
I am home from my trip, and I see that the mods moved this thread.

I was only about 60 miles north of Albany, so quite a ways from you. I want to take W to NY with me at least one of these trips. I think she would have a good time.

The bad thing Is I spend all of my time (on these trips) working, and don't have much free time.

I read quite a bit of your thread. It sounds bad. It is amazing the things people do because of something they feel, without thinking things through.

We always hope our children will do well, but somethings they don't.

It looks like you did go to camp. I am sorry that she didn't want to go with you.

I admit I had hoped that most of your troubles would be behind you by now. Chronic depression is very difficult to deal with. (understatement.) There are only two things (besides medication) that I know will help for sure. Keep busy, and pray a lot.

I am not sure what to ask.

How about this -

Tell me about the good things in your life. I get that many things are still not going well, but we can always find something to be thankful for. What are you thankful for?

SS

Last edited by still seeking; 08/29/12 11:49 PM.

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
W
OP Offline
W
What I'm thankful for:
- find "still seeking" again
- camp
- good friends
- church
- singing
- making prayer shawls
- barefoot running (I went from nothing to 45 minutes a day in four months, losing 10lbs)
- playing the organ I grew up with again
- my four children
- my two cats
- being an advocate & public speaker
- learning Hindi through bollywood movies

What are you thankful for? How are your things with you?

W
OP Offline
W
Please let me know your email so we can chat more offline. The one I have for you no longer works.

V
V
worried4mygirl -

I know the boards were quite different when you posted here years ago. However, emails are usually only exchanged through the moderators. This is to keep everything above-board and promote healthy marriage building (as opposed to incorrect or detrimental advice distributed offline, or, worse, the burgeoning of illicit acquaintances)...

...such as those between a married man and a woman other than his wife, or vice-versa. smile

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
B
B
Originally Posted by V_planifolia
worried4mygirl -

I know the boards were quite different when you posted here years ago. However, emails are usually only exchanged through the moderators. This is to keep everything above-board and promote healthy marriage building (as opposed to incorrect or detrimental advice distributed offline, or, worse, the burgeoning of illicit acquaintances)...
...such as those between a married man and a woman other than his wife, or vice-versa. smile
Here's the explaination that V is talking about.
Email Addresses

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
I am thankful for many of the things you are thankful for.
I don't run though. I broke my ankle years ago, and it huts to run, or even walk very much.

- camping
- good friends
- family .... both close and extended
- family gets along well
- God and church .... it's hard to separate the two
- W.... she is a sweet companion
- work.... it's a blessing to work
- good books
- the people I work with.... they do such a good job
- freedom..... life is hard, but at least we can choose what we do from day to day.

We are struggling along like every one else. We closed our business the end of 2008, and sold the web site and other assorted assets. The man who purchased it from us hired me to run it, so I am blessed to still have employment.

W works as a school teacher aid, and she likes working with children. We still have two at home (the twins) but they are in college, so it's only a matter of time.

The oldest six are married, and all have at least two children. We have 16 grand children now, and I can tell you that grand children are a great blessing. Like many grandparents, we spoil them, and then send them home to their parents. Three of our children live locally, three live away, but all visit on a regular basis. (or we visit them)

We spent our vacation this summer camping on the beach in southern California. Many of our children were able to come, as well as two of W's sisters and their families. It's always good to get together and spend time with out electronic gadgets.

W was raised in CA, and spent time every summer on the beach, so it was an especially good experience for her.

***edit***
SS

Last edited by JustUss; 08/31/12 08:21 PM. Reason: see email link above

W
OP Offline
W
***edit***

16 grandchildren? I remember when you & you're wife had your first grandchild. The twins are in college?! Wow.

Last edited by JustUss; 08/31/12 08:22 PM. Reason: see email link above
S
S
It looks like we are not supposed to mention email addresses at all. Not having been a regular, I have not kept up on things.
I did not see what you wrote before it was deleted.

I am not one to play games, or try to beat the system. I won't mention email addresses again.

You have some very good help on your other thread. Often the most difficult part is following the advice given. I hope you can make it work, and that your daughter responds in a way that will save her lots of grief.

I hope your weekend works out to be a good one.

SS

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation