Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2659649 08/27/12 12:45 PM
A
OP Offline
A
a quick update ... very late night for me but need a break from the report I'm preparing... so you all get an update!!! smirk

First ...... marriage is just GREAT.

Good bits ..... like a honeymoon on his returns... lots of POJA.... lots of LB crediting.... lots of fun geting the EN met (mind your own business blush) grin
Not so good bits .... continuous tug of war over DH duty to his family and his duty to the Army ... no easy answer but perhaps its because I dont resent it now .. its just a part of our life crazy Hes away FAR too often. cry

DH and my oldest DS and DSIL are deployed right now. Sucky for all of us at home but thats the life girls. A tough gig at times but when they are home for a few short weeks every year remember rule 1 - to swallow and breath and that its not for you but for them. sigh

Mikey the youngest is in school.... not exactly a Rhodes scholar here but he is happy .... who gave those damned toy soldiers to play with I'd like to know!! Wheres the road crew truck ??? Oh well .... theres another one .... damn it all MrRollieEyes

Grey hairs ... who has good tips on a dye for that ???? dramaqueen

MB seems to be as busy as it ever was .... thats too bad. I also see some impatience from posters ... hitting your head against a brick wall is probably easier at times than BS reluctance ... the human heart is a fragile thing.... lucky the soul is resilient.

Happy hugs to all the MB family ... take care

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

S
S
aw,

I used to stalk you and read your story ad nauseum in my pre-posting, lurker days. If you'd ever met me IRL you would be seriously worried and stay well away from me.

The reason for this was that you were one of my heroines, and I found your story deeply moving. I was so glad when I could see that your marriage was going to make it, and I'm thrilled to read this update (minus the bit about the absent men - and it looks to me as if your youngest might follow his father and brother!).

Congratulations!!! hurray

(It's a public holiday in the UK and USA. Is it not with you? That's why it's so quiet here today.)

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
SugarCane #2659664 08/27/12 02:53 PM
N
N
HI A-DUB! Always a treat to hear from you and yours.

I still remember the first time I looked up some old posts of yours and Aussie's. I was STUNNED that you both sounded JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!! (But ~I~ didn't stalk you. Much.)

Glad as always to know that things are well Down Under.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2659675 08/27/12 03:54 PM
N
N
hey assieswife...

have thought of you often....so glad you posted!!! mikey must be a little man by now....so happy you are all well...its nice to hear you sound good!!! love to you and yours....

what we do in life......echoes in eternity!
nikko #2659677 08/27/12 04:05 PM
N
N
Hey, Nikko! Wow, good to know you're still out there, too. Today's episode of This Is Your Life is brought to you by......

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
M
Howdy, Aussieswife!! laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2659746 08/28/12 04:19 AM
N
N
hey neak....i pop in to read from time to time to see how everyone is doing....life is good!

what we do in life......echoes in eternity!
SugarCane #2659759 08/28/12 07:32 AM
N
N
Sugar,

It's (27 August) a public holiday in the UK and USA.
Wow! In the UK, too? I thought that LBJ Day was only observed in third-world areas such as Texas! dance2

nikko #2659779 08/28/12 09:07 AM
N
N
Life is good here, too.

Even if I'd never heard of LBJ Day.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Sugar,

It's (27 August) a public holiday in the UK and USA.
Wow! In the UK, too? I thought that LBJ Day was only observed in third-world areas such as Texas! dance2
Wasn't it Labour Day (proper spelling) yesterday? I thought I read that somewhere on the site.

If not, and I was wrong...

....shaddap, NG. stickout

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
SugarCane #2659801 08/28/12 10:18 AM
N
N
Labor Day is this coming weekend. Next Monday is a holiday, woohoo!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
SugarCane #2659847 08/28/12 01:38 PM
N
N
Sugar Cane is a fine English lass,
Whose notes always exhibit class.
But her "Shaddap, NG!"
Was so painful to me,
I'd like to go sit down on my...........grass!

dance2

L
L
Hi,Aussieswife! So glad to hear from you!

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
A
OP Offline
A
HEY Sugar Cane whats a bit of stalking amongst MB friends I say! laugh

Neak... Nikko... Mel... and NG still teasing them Texans,, very brave of you... Lady Clueless ... its good too see you all still around too!!

Yes Nikko Mikey is a real little man now.. sad Mummy frown but happy too grin ... school and friends and all the joys of growing.

I'm going to bed before its 2 am ...again

love to you all

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

S
S
All the best to you. It is very good to know that things are OK (or mostly so) in your part of the world.

Made me smile.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
N
N
***waving hi to SS and Mrs. SS***

Reunions are fun!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2660759 09/01/12 02:25 AM
S
S
Hi Neak.....
I am in what one might call a serious mood. Or maybe a pensive mood.
Reflective?
Contemplative?

Thank you for the wave. (SS Waves back)
W is sleeping, or I would ask her to comment.

Hearing from you makes me wonder how your grandfather is. I have not seen a status report for quite some time.

And AJ.
I wonder about AJ too. Please tell him I asked about him.

And please tell your mother that prayers continue.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
A
OP Offline
A
SS great to hear from you!

pray your serious, reflective, contemplative mood is not too unhappy for you.

Say hi to Mrs SS !!

N
N
Grandpa is still alive, amazingly and against any odds or human prognostications. He's seldom alert, but the other day he was surprisingly lucid for a brief time. I told him that Jesus was coming soon, and he answered, "Wow! Wow!! WOW!!!" It was so cute!

He's in respite care at the moment; he gets 3 days per month so if you take him the last 3 of one month and the first 3 of the next, you can turn it into 6 days in a row.

I'm trying to type and watch our cats at the same time so they don't harass Peep, my baby sparrow. It's alot like trying to raise an orphaned baby giraffe in a kennel in the middle of the lion pen. Fun photos on my blog if you have time to look.

I'll let Mom know you asked about her. With GP in respite, there's PLENTY of time for updates. grin

It's sure good to hear from you.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
AW,
Usually when I am in that mood I am thinking about other people, and wondering how they are. The world is a tough place. (As you know just as well as anyone.)

Sometimes I worry, but usually I just pray. It seems to work. (And I think you know that just as well as I do.)

Neak,
Thanks for the update. I do think about your family quite a bit. I also wonder how your brothers are. I assume that your children and your sisters children are mostly OK, considering who their mothers are. (OK, their grandmother weights in here too, I should give credit there too.)

However, you can tell T&L that I said "Despite who their grandmother is." That ought to get a rise out of her.

SS

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation