Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
N
rotflmao

My next oldest brother is doing well in a worldly sense, unchanged (that any of us can see in a spiritual sense, but of course God is working in ways we can't imagine. Brother #2 recently had God work a miracle of healing on his beloved dog, when the vets had been unable to figure out what was wrong with him, and he was failing fast. He's outwardly unchanged, but I know you can't go through an experience like that completely untouched.

My kids are all in school, ordinary troubles and no more. They're in grades 10, 9, and 5 now. Neaksis' oldest is over 18 now and on his own. Not exactly a roaring success, but he hasn't gone to prison yet. Val is in a residential treatment program after making accusations against Neaksis of abuse. It wasn't long before official people considered Neaksis completely exonerated. Val is making progress with her treatment, and visits are going well. The youngest has been out of treatment for a while, maybe 8-9 months. He's doing well overall. Small bad behaviors, lying and stealing sometimes, but not violent. For which we rejoice!

AJ, after a long hard summer in which we had some real trials with his business, now has more work than he knows what to do with for the next 6 weeks. The company who contracted with him has more work they'd like him to do, beyond what he's already scheduled for. We're very blessed!

Please tell us as much as you're able about what you, Mrs. SS, and all the family have been up to. smile

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
OP Offline
A
SS
I guess the world can be a tough ol gut at times... most times we just all get on with it because we have to! maybe theres a plan in it that? dontknow

Went to my grandads funeral today down on the farm with DD and parents... sisters.. brother. Looked like a road train the lot of us. Mikey was sick so he stayed home with a friend of ours who spoiled him rotten. Grandad had a good long life but my dad never really forgave him for leaving his mum and his brothers as kids. Dad let a few facts out on the journey home ... I think everyone at MB can guess why. Never knew that. He did remarry but not to the OW ... bit sad that there never was a full reconciliation between the second family and the first ... though his second wife never stopped trying. Shhhh secret I actually quite like her. Very very kind woman. Super shhh... so does my Mum. crazy

DD was going to cook a roast on Sunday... prepared the pork ... veges ... everything ... put on the oven .... timer ... forgot to put the meat in the oven !!
Got distracted ... was playing music with some girlfriends ... a few cold beers ... time just passed ... as did our meal .... rotflmao

[and I'm not accepting any liability on ANYTHING my DD cooks ... somethings in life require faith, hope and charity ... actually the three of them can feel free to drop in and help her cook anytime rotflmao ]

The golden arches won again. Mikey was just SO pleased with that outcome and wants to know if 'issy' can cook next week as well. kiss

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

S
S
Originally Posted by aussieswife
SS
I guess the world can be a tough ol gut at times... most times we just all get on with it because we have to! maybe theres a plan in it that? dontknow

There is a plan in that. Most of the time I don't have time to think about any thing except the task at hand. However, I try to find time to meditate about, and pray for others. There is a power in prayer that cannot be replaced by any thing else. You know that when YOU have reached out, there has always been someone on the other end. I know you know it.

Went to my grandads funeral today down on the farm with DD and parents... sisters.. brother. Looked like a road train the lot of us. Mikey was sick so he stayed home with a friend of ours who spoiled him rotten. Grandad had a good long life but my dad never really forgave him for leaving his mum and his brothers as kids. Dad let a few facts out on the journey home ... I think everyone at MB can guess why. Never knew that. He did remarry but not to the OW ... bit sad that there never was a full reconciliation between the second family and the first ... though his second wife never stopped trying. Shhhh secret I actually quite like her. Very very kind woman. Super shhh... so does my Mum. crazy

It is interesting what we learn as we go along. Bits of the puzzle appear and fit themselves in........ from time to time we look at it and are amazed at what it is becoming. Our understanding increases, we marvel that God can do what he does so well, but we are happy that he can.
And we still live every day life. We still cope with all the things that make up this life.

I am glad you are busy, and that your family is doing well.
God bless you all.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
Neak #2666011 09/17/12 03:16 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by Neak
My next oldest brother is doing well in a worldly sense, unchanged (that any of us can see in a spiritual sense, but of course God is working in ways we can't imagine. Brother #2 recently had God work a miracle of healing on his beloved dog, when the vets had been unable to figure out what was wrong with him, and he was failing fast. He's outwardly unchanged, but I know you can't go through an experience like that completely untouched.

I think about your brothers often, and I wonder. My prayers are that they will return to their faith. The only downside to that is that God sometimes needs to get our attention before he can work with us. His methods can seem harsh, but I think he uses the lest intrusive method that he can use that will still work.

My kids are all in school, ordinary troubles and no more. They're in grades 10, 9, and 5 now. Neaksis' oldest is over 18 now and on his own. Not exactly a roaring success, but he hasn't gone to prison yet. Val is in a residential treatment program after making accusations against Neaksis of abuse. It wasn't long before official people considered Neaksis completely exonerated. Val is making progress with her treatment, and visits are going well. The youngest has been out of treatment for a while, maybe 8-9 months. He's doing well overall. Small bad behaviors, lying and stealing sometimes, but not violent. For which we rejoice!

I have not worried much about your children. There are potential worries there, but it always feels like they are OK.

There have been some worries about Neaksis, and her family, but the feelings are that they will come out the other end in fine shape too. A scripture comes to mind (though I can't remember the reference) "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, nor hath it entered into the heart of Man the blessings that God has prepared for those that love him." I don't think I got it exact, but you know the one. I believe neaksis and family will be on the receiving end of that one. I am sure of it.

AJ, after a long hard summer in which we had some real trials with his business, now has more work than he knows what to do with for the next 6 weeks. The company who contracted with him has more work they'd like him to do, beyond what he's already scheduled for. We're very blessed!

Please tell us as much as you're able about what you, Mrs. SS, and all the family have been up to. smile

I am glad AJ is doing well. I do not know him as well as the rest of you, because as you know he doesn't post much. We learn a lot from what people write. However, I admire him for making a comeback. He may not be "there" yet, but he seems to be making the journey. I guess it's a moving target anyway. I am not "there" yet either.

I pray for AJ from time to time, and for your parents. (All of you, but I make mention of them for a reason.)

You are kind to ask about us. We struggle along like every one else.

The twins finished their first year of college. They struggle with part time jobs and school, and still having a life. Both have partial scholarships, but the have to keep their grades up to keep them, and it takes a lot of time.

Our six oldest children are all married and all have at least one child. On lives in AZ, one in CA, one in NV, and the other three locally. One is a wild lands firefighter. I see your children took a firefighting class - I should send some video of actual fires. They would probably get a kick out of it.

Mrs SS and I are in love, and we like it. MB has been good for us. When the 4 rules are applied, and when we meet each others needs as we should, things are wonderful in our marriage. I keep getting the feeling that some big change is coming, but I don't know what it is. In the mean time, the adversary has been leaning on me pretty heavy. Of course God is always there, and we get help, but the pressure makes one tired. You know of what I speak, for you felt it during the time you were here fighting for your marriage.
I don't know the reason for this at this time in my life, but the reasons always exist. We usually learn them after the fact.

I am probably closer to God, and making fewer mistakes from day to day than at any time in my life, but it's still hard to cope with the pressure.

The bottom line is that God is still in Heaven directing his work here, and he will continue to help all who call upon him in faith. We just need to hang on tight and keep working our end the best we can.

This I know.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
N
N
Beautiful testimony! smile

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation