Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
G
G
Jeff_R,

Is there anyone in your WWs life she has EVER been truthful to?

God Bless
Gamma

L
L
Originally Posted by Jeff_R
I understand the idea that I should run away from her.

One of the reasons I am staying in the house with her, is that I'm trying to get our house sold. We are underwater by $30-35k, so we'll have to pay this difference. My hope is to hurry this along by saying that we will move to Atlanta & start a new life.

I'm also trying to get some sense of emotional distance from her at the same time. My dislike for her grows daily. I am killing her with kindness right now.

Yes, she has some very big issues. I do think she is a narcissist. She lack empathy, extremely selfish, wants grand things in life (hence the expensive mattress - tempur-pedic), etc.

Yes I know I made a mistake in marrying such a woman.

I feel the last 8 years have been a waste of time:

1) 4 years ago She had innappropriate conversations with 2 men at the same time. She says she was trying to get the 'male perspective' on our marriage problems. We were going to counseling at the time anyway.

2) She believes in this notion "a happy wife is a happy life". That if the wife is happy, then the rest of the family (husband) will get happiness. That if I make her happy first, she'll then try to make me happy. I dont buy into this at all.

3) She really never has met any of my emotional needs. I have asked her to lose weight before we got married. She needs to lose about 70 lbs. This had never happened.

4) She uses manipulation & intimidation to complain about how I have not met her emotional needs. One of those 'needs' is that I need to change my social personality...I am an introvert...she wants someone who can adapt to any situation even if it is unfamiliar.

5) She can not have any biological children.

6) She cheated on me with a guy she knew 12 years ago. This guy lives 1000 miles away from us, above Chicago. She tells him one thing & then tells the dating site guys that he is annoying. So who knows what the truth is.

There are many more issues that make me think of her as vile & evil as well.
You sound just like me over a year ago. Money & possesions are not worth the price of your sanity. Plan "B" gets my vote.

BW 46
XWH 46
Boys 17 & 19
Girls 16 & 10
D-day #1 12/2006 (confessed affair in 2004 w/BF & his wife)
D-day #2 10/2008 (denied by XWH)
D-day #3 10/2010
Kick WH out 01/2011 he files for D
D finally final 03/2012
I'm free!
J
Jeff_R Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes, she met some of my needs...physical intimacy & affection.

I've realized (ive been in denial) that she has always been this way.

I saw some of her old emails before she met me. She was on the same dating site with the same handle name as she has used recently.

Back then, she was getting the same emails from guys & she would send them photos of herself (clothed of course). Now this doesnt mean that any chat messages were tame. B/c she did get one email from a guy that had an attachment picture of his erect privates. She forwards it to a girlfriend commenting on the pics in a sexual way.

Q
Q
Jeff_R,

Her behaviour sounds like she has addictive behaviours, along with poor self esteem (presumably from the unwanted weight), which means she's desperate to search for as much validation as she can get. She likes getting it from you, but it will never be enough. She'll have a craving and a need to get it from strangers, acquaintances, boyfriends, girlfriends.

The most kind and loving thing your WW is Plan B. So far, you're just enabling her behaviour. You wouldn't give a $5 to a crack addict, you wouldn't take an alcoholic to a bar, and you wouldn't invite a gambling addict to an all-expenses-paid trip to Vegas.

Don't buy her a house and an Internet connection and don't perpetrate the myth in her life that you'll always be there for her to fulfil whatever emotional needs she has.

BH (me), age 30. Plan D final 1/1/13
J
Jeff_R Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Qoheleth
Jeff_R,

Her behaviour sounds like she has addictive behaviours, along with poor self esteem (presumably from the unwanted weight), which means she's desperate to search for as much validation as she can get. She likes getting it from you, but it will never be enough. She'll have a craving and a need to get it from strangers, acquaintances, boyfriends, girlfriends.

The most kind and loving thing your WW is Plan B. So far, you're just enabling her behaviour. You wouldn't give a $5 to a crack addict, you wouldn't take an alcoholic to a bar, and you wouldn't invite a gambling addict to an all-expenses-paid trip to Vegas.

Don't buy her a house and an Internet connection and don't perpetrate the myth in her life that you'll always be there for her to fulfil whatever emotional needs she has.

I hear what you are saying. I think you are right & many of my family have said the same thing....she has an addiction for validation.

No need to buy internet connection...it her dang smartphone that has been the root of all this. She doesnt even use a computer anymore.

I won't dare buy a house w/ her, I have to get rid of the one we have now.

Her pics that she used on the dating site along time ago (before she met me) seem tame compared to the recent ones.
Although I can imagine that she talked via chat the same way she has been doing recently. In real life, she is white-bread...online she talks like a flirtatious tramp.

I did learn a lot (although unwanted) about her past from reading her correspondance with these dating site guys.
The ONS, foursome, masturbating via skype w/ a bf, etc.
The weird thing is, is that her family is as conservative as anyone I have ever met. Her brother home schools his kids in a Christian environment.
I know her folks had problems with her when she turned 20 or 21. She moved out & got an appt w/ roommates. I think the morals of her roommates at the time were a big influence on her (in a bad way).

Last edited by Jeff_R; 09/05/12 01:07 PM.
J
J
Jeff.
I would encourage you to divorce her.
There are millions (literally) of healthy (mind and body) women out there that are attractive, great at sex, conversation and fun to be around that do not ever try to get pictures of naked men.

What would be real funny is to use your alias and send your wife a picture of your penis o tell her you want to masturbate together online and see if she recognizes you LOL

J
Jeff_R Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by HDW
Jeff.
I would encourage you to divorce her.
There are millions (literally) of healthy (mind and body) women out there that are attractive, great at sex, conversation and fun to be around that do not ever try to get pictures of naked men.

What would be real funny is to use your alias and send your wife a picture of your penis o tell her you want to masturbate together online and see if she recognizes you LOL

That would be funny. The funny thing is, she says she wants to me emotionally connected to someone before she has any physical connections.

This guy (inappropriate text guy) lives 1000 miles away from us. I guess from their correspondance above, they have been talking via phone in the early mornings. I guess She misses him & loves him. But she admitted to me that she knew it was just a fantasy. She even told one of the dating site guys, that this guy was annoying & that she didnt talk to him anymore.

So, my WW has been cheating on all of us....me, the guy she cheated on me with & all the dating site guys.

B
B
Jeff,

What plan are you in? You've exposed this to her conservative family?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
Jeff_R Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Jeff,

What plan are you in? You've exposed this to her conservative family?

Well I exposed the original "inappropriate texts" conversation to her mother & brother.

Her mom was originally very concerned & disappointed. But my WW must have put up a wall....then her mom caved in & accepted that what her daughter was doing was ok. She even said that this other guy sounds like a nice person.

Her brother must have talked to their mom & expressed his disapproval b/c her mom emailed my WW & said that her brother thinks that I have more of a reason to divorce her than she does on me.

I have not exposed that she has been on dating sites & that she has continually been in contact via phone with this original guy.

J
J
You need to expose the sex and everything.
This woman needs help or she will live a miserable life.
Exposure helps her get the help she needs

J
Jeff_R Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by HDW

Her family knows about the cybersex. I wrote them all an email that had the conversation as a text attachment.

She has a lot of trouble being honest & telling the truth obviously. I could never fully trust her ever again.

Expose to her work place?

B
B
Originally Posted by HDW

Her family knows about the cybersex. I wrote them all an email that had the conversation as a text attachment.

She has a lot of trouble being honest & telling the truth obviously. I could never fully trust her ever again.

Expose to her work place?

Were any of the OM coworkers? If not, then do not expose at work. What about a facebook exposure or friends?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
Jeff_R Offline OP
OP Offline
J
No the OM is a guy she knew 12 years ago. He was a army soldier that you could send care packages to, etc. He must have contacted my WW by email & the correspondance started from there. He lives 1000 miles away, up above Chicago. The dating site guys are from all over the country.

Facebook exposure....well those are all her friends & work peers.

I did initally expose to a work friend but she called my WW right after & told her what I did. My WW as furious with me.

Z
Z
I guess I'm confused here. You're moving on, right?

Put the focus on resolving the marriage. Get a lawyer, etc. You seem reluctant to spend money to get out of this situation but hanging in there and spying on her is not good for your health.

You've got to move your attention and energy forward, especially because this is not something you want to save.

Start moving FORWARD.

N
N
Have you filed for a divorce, Jeff?

Turn the page, bud, and get the ball rolling. You're wasting your life piddling around with this woman.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

N
N
Originally Posted by zibbles
I guess I'm confused here. You're moving on, right?

Put the focus on resolving the marriage. Get a lawyer, etc. You seem reluctant to spend money to get out of this situation but hanging in there and spying on her is not good for your health.

You've got to move your attention and energy forward, especially because this is not something you want to save.

Start moving FORWARD.

No kidding. With no children, it's just property division and paperwork. Get moving and start living again.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

B
B
No the OM is a guy she knew 12 years ago. He was a army soldier that you could send care packages to, etc. He must have contacted my WW by email & the correspondance started from there. He lives 1000 miles away, up above Chicago. The dating site guys are from all over the country.

I did initally expose to a work friend but she called my WW right after & told her what I did. My WW as furious with me.

So again I ask. What plan are you in?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jeff_R Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

So again I ask. What plan are you in?

I guess plan A. Trying to meet her emotional needs.

I know spying on her is not healthy. I know she has gone to her dating site & looked at her emails there. She hasn't sent any.

M
M

I know spying on her is not healthy. I know she has gone to her dating site & looked at her emails there. She hasn't sent any.
You don't sound like you're in any sort of plan. You sound to me like you're following along with her while she takes advantage of you, hoping she'll have this huge epiphany that is very unlikely to happen.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

V
V
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

You don't sound like you're in any sort of plan. You sound to me like you're following along with her while she takes advantage of you, hoping she'll have this huge epiphany that is very unlikely to happen.
Yup, and Jeff, I think it's actually worse than that.

What you are dealing with here is not an affair, but a way of life for her. Frankly, I don't think she married you for any other reason than to have someone finance her way of life. I don't think she's capable of having a stable and normal relationship with you or anyone else. She's a master manipulator...pure and simple. You said yourself she was doing this before you even got married. I'm betting she was champing at the bit that your honeymoon would hurry up and end so she could get back to her deviant lifestyle and comfort zone.

Quit wasting your time on this. You deserve better. There are WAY too many good women out there that would love to have someone like you in their lives...and actually appreciate you for you and not as an ATM.

Originally Posted by SugarCane
I don't quite get why you are telling us about the $6000 mattress.
This one baffles me as well. You're now willing to finance a better stage for her online follies? Are you going to buy her a high definition mirror and webcam as well?

Partner...think!

Do you really not believe you deserve better than this?

C'mon man!

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation