Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2635679 06/14/12 05:56 PM
B
OP Offline
B
just wondering how my wife might feel about me getting a vesectomy after the fact......almost 14yrs after
I pray that one day the pain I've caused will be forgiven.
I don't know if my marriage will survive to the end that i've
always dreamed of.....but one thing i do know for sure is that i never want to hurt my wife and family that way again and i'm
sure i never want to bring another child into the world

C
C
Why don't you ask her?

How long married? Any kids? Have you been 'trying' to get pregnant and keeping this from her as the cause of failure? All deception is bad, but with this, I would feel differently about outright betrayal (sneaking off for the snip, lying about wanting kids knowing you can't) than something that was never a topic of conversation because we weren't talking about kids anyway.

But what you need to do is fess up to her.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
T
T
Blue,

First wecome to MB! Maybe you could tell us more about your story and what "pain" you have caused. Are you thinking of doing this without your wife knowing?

OR are you saying that you got another woman pregnant 14 years ago? If so, unless you are still having affairs, how would you having a vesectomy help with this pain you have caused? I don't understand. ??

Last edited by tismeagain; 06/14/12 08:25 PM.
M
M
Originally Posted by Blue_October
just wondering how my wife might feel about me getting a vesectomy after the fact......

The best way to find out how your wife feels about something is typically to ask "Honey, how would you feel about ... ?" Usually strangers on the Internet are not going to know more about your wife than she does.

What did you do?

Perhaps this will help:
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5042_qa.html
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5042b_qa.html
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5042c_qa.html

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
B
B
Were you and your wife on the 7-13-12 show?

Here.
Radio clip on vasectomy after the fact
Segment #2
Segment #3

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Wow...BrainHurts...you are GOOD.

Yes, this is us. I'm his BW. Thanks for documenting our segment.

4eva

BW-47
WH-46
Married 21 yrs.
D-19
S-15
OC-14/born 9/99
NC
Dday #1 10/30/04
Dday #2 7/2/12 Skank ho #2 (40ish, childless, single & desperate; the world is becoming over-run with them...just like cheaters)
B
B
Originally Posted by 4eva

You're welcome.

So how are you guys doing?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M

Wow, I had no idea that was you, 4eva. I am so sorry. frown

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
4eva, how are you doing? And would your husband come here and post to us? I heard a lot of excuses from him in his discussion with Dr Harley and that concerns me.

We can help you affair proof your marriage.

"If your spouse is unwilling to take extraordinary precautions and follow the policy of joint agreement this is not going to work."

What EPs has he implemented? I hope you are watching this guy like a HAWK.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Hallelujah! Somebody else noticed the overly-guarded crypto-speak that emanated from him.

"I may have seen her on the street in December..."
"I may have e-mailed her...."
"I told her, 'If you truly...respect...me you'll let me end this." (Obviously, the word he used at the time was "love".)

4eva, one of you should open a thread on SAA (or move this one there). That's where the camouflage and obfuscations can be flushed out, with the power of several dozen MB scrub-brushes!

M
M
Exactly, he needs to come here where money talks and bullsh** walks....

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Isnt the OP the hubby?

M
M
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy

Isnt the OP the hubby?

Yes.

Exposure 101

Originally Posted by BrainHurts

You're welcome.

So how are you guys doing?

As expected....limping along frown .

4eva

BW-47
WH-46
Married 21 yrs.
D-19
S-15
OC-14/born 9/99
NC
Dday #1 10/30/04
Dday #2 7/2/12 Skank ho #2 (40ish, childless, single & desperate; the world is becoming over-run with them...just like cheaters)
4eva, how are you doing?

I could be better...much better.

And would your husband come here and post to us?

I don't know, but he NEEDS to. I'll ask him to return...again.

I heard a lot of excuses from him in his discussion with Dr Harley and that concerns me.

Mel, your instincts are as sharp as ever. It continues to concern me as well.

We can help you affair proof your marriage.

I'd appreciate all the help we can get.

"If your spouse is unwilling to take extraordinary precautions and follow the policy of joint agreement this is not going to work."

What EPs has he implemented?

I'll leave this for him to address. Maybe he can get some assistance with this since I pulled from the ideas from some of the threads here. I told him the list was an example, but I'd like him to put some serious thought into the path he took & the behaviors he had, that lead him there AGAIN and come up with EP's to put into place from that also.

And I'm still waiting...

I hope you are watching this guy like a HAWK.

I most DEFINITELY am.

And I thank you for your time & concern Mel.

4eva

BW-47
WH-46
Married 21 yrs.
D-19
S-15
OC-14/born 9/99
NC
Dday #1 10/30/04
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Hallelujah! Somebody else noticed the overly-guarded crypto-speak that emanated from him.

Ahhhhhh...you picked up on that, eh?

"I may have seen her on the street in December..."
"I may have e-mailed her...."
"I told her, 'If you truly...respect...me you'll let me end this." (Obviously, the word he used at the time was "love".)

And you would be correct. Yet another sharp vet.

4eva, one of you should open a thread on SAA (or move this one there). That's where the camouflage and obfuscations can be flushed out, with the power of several dozen MB scrub-brushes!

NG, thanks for weighing in. I hope you're around if he returns.

4eva

BW-47
WH-46
Married 21 yrs.
D-19
S-15
OC-14/born 9/99
NC
Dday #1 10/30/04
Wow�this HAS to be this site�s biggest example of �fog-babble� EVER. Also, the biggest scream for help I�ve EVER seen someone post.

Forgive me for using my WH�s �sick attempt � at starting a thread�the thread that got him busted & dday #2. But I purposely let it go cold to prove a bit of a point. He was not & continues to not be serious about recovery. Oh, he always SAYS he is�but as we all know�actions ALWAYS speak louder than words.

I just felt compelled to translate this B*ll Sh**:

just wondering how my wife might feel about me getting a vesectomy after the fact......almost 14yrs after

but 8 yrs. after her dday of that affair & her asking me to get one then...to make her feel safe. I looked at her like she had 3 heads. There was NO WAY that was going to happen. I�d NEVER risk something happening to THAT. So�why is it important to me NOW to take this into consideration? Hmmm�.

�ummm�I mean�forgotten.

always dreamed of.....

I don�t know because I�m currently cheating again, and she has no clue�again. So, if she doesn�t find out�I�m good. If she does�then I have a problem.

but one thing i do know for sure is that i never want to hurt my wife and family that way again

even though I�m currently doing it. They just don�t know�yet.

and i'm

Even though I�m currently doing EXACTLY what I did in the past that acquired an OC�and destroyed my wife. Can everyone see how well I learned from my past mistakes? So why doesn't my wife?

Mods, I think this sorry excuse for a thread should be moved to the SAA section. It should serve as an example of how deviously low a currently cheating, fogged-out wayward can go.

4eva

BW-47
WH-46
Married 21 yrs.
D-19
S-15
OC-14/born 9/99
NC
Dday #1 10/30/04
B
B
Wow�this HAS to be this site�s biggest example of �fog-babble� EVER. Also, the biggest scream for help I�ve EVER seen someone post.

Forgive me for using my WH�s �sick attempt � at starting a thread�the thread that got him busted & dday #2. But I purposely let it go cold to prove a bit of a point. He was not & continues to not be serious about recovery. Oh, he always SAYS he is�but as we all know�actions ALWAYS speak louder than words.

I just felt compelled to translate this B*ll Sh**:

but 8 yrs. after her dday of that affair & her asking me to get one then...to make her feel safe. I looked at her like she had 3 heads. There was NO WAY that was going to happen. I�d NEVER risk something happening to THAT. So�why is it important to me NOW to take this into consideration? Hmmm�.

�ummm�I mean�forgotten.

always dreamed of.....

I don�t know because I�m currently cheating again, and she has no clue�again. So, if she doesn�t find out�I�m good. If she does�then I have a problem.

but one thing i do know for sure is that i never want to hurt my wife and family that way again

even though I�m currently doing it. They just don�t know�yet.

and i'm

Even though I�m currently doing EXACTLY what I did in the past that acquired an OC�and destroyed my wife. Can everyone see how well I learned from my past mistakes? So why doesn't my wife?

Mods, I think this sorry excuse for a thread should be moved to the SAA section. It should serve as an example of how deviously low a currently cheating, fogged-out wayward can go.
Sorry 4eva, did it happen again?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

No...not that I know of anyway.

Just no progress since the July dday. And I'm nearing the end of my rope. Just letting out some frustration I guess.

4eva

BW-47
WH-46
Married 21 yrs.
D-19
S-15
OC-14/born 9/99
NC
Dday #1 10/30/04
B
B
No...not that I know of anyway.

Just no progress since the July dday. And I'm nearing the end of my rope. Just letting out some frustration I guess.
Is he holding to his EPs?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation