Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
T
T
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by MSaccused
I just thought of something.

My wife did have a friendship years ago and it hurt me deeply. So she's not so innocent. She dosen't have men friends becasue of that.

She showed caring for you and stopped having friends of the opposite sex. Why won't you do that for her?

Your won't let your wife have men friends but you can have women friends.

What are you smoking?
How long have you been writing fiction?

M
M
I think this is a real young kid, which is why I asked how old of a boy he is. Still waiting on the answer.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
I'm mid 50's. Married many years. I'm not a kid or a boy.

I don't know what to make of the comments. You all sound like her.

R
R
You ARE seeing and speaking to other women alone.
That is NOT okay.

We agree with your wife.

M
M
I'm mid 50's. Married many years. I'm not a kid or a boy.

I don't know what to make of the comments. You all sound like her.

You don't sound like a grown man; you sound like a selfish teenage boy. Your wife is probably a grown up and that is why you think we sound like her. You don't like the opinions of other grownups.

I would ask that you send her here and show her my post about separation. If you persist on continuing to make her suffer by placing your "friendships" above her, she needs to separate.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley, clinical psychologist and founder of Marriage Builders
"Isn't it interesting how someone can miss the point that mutual care in marriage is the only kind of care that makes sense? When your husband tells you that he wants you to care for him by suffering so he can have what he wants, he doesn't understand that this expectation means that he doesn't care about you. And that's the point."

Exposure 101

L
L
Originally Posted by Logans_Run
What are the ages of yourself and wife?

Children?

How long married? Any previous marriages?

Are you seeking advice/help/assistance on having a great marriage?

Or are you seeking help and affirmation of getting "her inline"?

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
M
OP Offline
M
I am not going to show her these posts. You all have savaged me.

It is still my opionion that the problem is her not understanding. I have always had many female friends. It's only in the last few years that she is completlely unreasonable about it. I think it's completely unreasonable to have no opposit sex friends.

I've said I'm sorry and she keeps on being mad. She can't let it go and she's living in the past.

That's not my fault.

M
OP Offline
M
And yes, I'd like some undersatnding that it's possible to have friends and be innocent of affairs.

I am also seeking help in having her to understand that i have done nothing wrong.

Once I lied about a friend, she caught me in the lie. Now everything is a lie. i can't stand it. It offends me to be called a liar and to be accused of afffairs. Is that so hard to understand

M
M
I am not going to show her these posts. You all have savaged me.

It is still my opionion that the problem is her not understanding. I have always had many female friends. It's only in the last few years that she is completlely unreasonable about it. I think it's completely unreasonable to have no opposit sex friends.

I've said I'm sorry and she keeps on being mad. She can't let it go and she's living in the past.

That's not my fault.

It is your fault that you torment your wife with thoughtless behavior and cause her to suffer.

So in other words, you don't care if your wife suffers. That is the very definition of not caring.

This is why she should separate from you. You are a dangerous, uncaring spouse who punishes your wife when she objects to your cruel behavior.

Dr Harley does not recommend that women stay with abusive men.

Exposure 101

L
L
My STXWS did not see it an "issue" having OS friendships, or even having OS friends getting "marital advice" from either. Oh yes, this OS friendship turned into a full blown affair.

You are walking on thin ice by insisting there is nothing wrong with an OS friendship. You are putting your friendships ahead of your wife.

What is most important to you? Your OS friends or your wife?

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
M
M
I am also seeking help in having her to understand that i have done nothing wrong.

You are not innocent and you have done something wrong. You have friends of the opposite sex and practice poor boundaries around women. You do this even though you know she suffers.

So no, you are not innocent. You are man who does not care for his wife. You place your "friendships" above her happiness.

Exposure 101

V
V
Once I lied about a friend, she caught me in the lie. Now everything is a lie. i can't stand it. It offends me to be called a liar and to be accused of afffairs. Is that so hard to understand
Ummmmmmm, say what? Are you actually reading what you post?!

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
M

We will help by validating that she is RIGHT and she should separate if you don't stop it. It is very wrong to harm your spouse as you are doing.

Exposure 101

M
M

Your sorry is meaningless when you keep doing the same thing. Unfortunately, your reckless behavior is not in the past, it is in the present.

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
It is not abuse to not be guilty and say so.

All these women are not as attractive as my wife, who is very good looking.

She used to be okay with these friendships now she claims to be neglected, hurt, traumatzed. whatever.

I feel like she is trying to control me.

M
M
It is not abuse to not be guilty and say so.

All these women are not as attractive as my wife, who is very good looking.

She used to be okay with these friendships now she claims to be neglected, hurt, traumatzed. whatever.

I feel like she is trying to control me.

Yes, she is trying to stop you from hurting her and you have refused. The recommendation by Dr Harley would be for her to separate until you learn to stop your abusive, thoughtless behavior.

Exposure 101

M
M
Your wife has told you that your opposite sex friendships make her unhappy and you have REFUSED to end them. That shows her that you care more about your friendships than you do her.

What kind of a husband does that? What kind of a man wants his wife to suffer at his expense? An uncaring husband, that is who.

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
I'm punding my head!

The woman who I lied about was a mutual friend. She helped me and I went to her to see if she knew why my wife was so mad.(my wife talked to her also)I was only trying to get info about the the why's. She was also a nurse, I thought my wife might be sick or something.I was trying to help. Wife finds out, asks us to stop "being a comfort to each other" and so we stop. But, things in the marriage got worse and so we kept in contact. Wife finds out goes balistic. I agree not to talk to her anymore, she means nothing to me. We have one more phone conversation, wife finds out, asks me about it, I say I didn't talk to her. (again, she means nothing to me and I didn't want to upset wife)She check cell phone finds out about the lie and things get bad. Friend comes over to talk to wife, wife throws her out. Now wife insists that there was more there than there was. I admit nothing.

M
OP Offline
M
Pounding, that is.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation