Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
OP Offline
A
So now that we've assumed he's having an affair, can we assume he's not having an affair? (i promise i won't ignore everything that was discussed here)

What steps can I take to draw him back into our marriage and fix the damage I've done?

Me: 39
Married my amazing husband (52) on 2/29/2016

M
M
Go rule out an affair and then we can give you quality advice based on the facts. That way, you aren't spinning your wheels and neither are we!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Let me put this another way. None of the advice would be of any effect if he is in an affair. It would be a waste of your time and ours. IT would be like treating you for a cold, when you actually have cancer.

It is critically important that you take quick action if there is an affair. This is why it is so important to find out if there is an affair.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Put this on his computer and wait.
Keylogger Programs

In the mean time, no love busting and be the best wife as your gathering your Intel.

Do not confront him and do not tell him about MB.

You're Mrs. James Bond.

Listen to Mel.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Originally Posted by Anonymous93
At this point I'm choosing to believe him,

What do we have to say to convince you that this is a mistake? What do we have to say to convince you that this mistake may cost you your marriage?

If you would like to know what advice Dr. Harley gives in non-affair situations, you are more than welcome to read through the main website. But you are asking how to refurbish the dining room table when the kitchen may be on fire.

Get a keylogger onto his computer, and a GPS in his car.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
It is critically important that you take quick action if there is an affair.

"Quick" is right. Time is of the essence, and if you spend the next three weeks learning about what to do AFTER an affair, your time will be wasted, and your marriage may well be lost.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
A
A
Okay, you asked him.

You know Anonymous, I asked my son this morning if he stole a cereal bar out of the cupboard. He said no. He lied. The consequence was a stern talking to. Your H's consequences for admitting an affair could be divorce, alimony, court, screaming, etc. He has a LOT to gain by lying to you. If a toddler has something to gain by lying about a cereal bar, an adult man has a lot more to "gain" by lying about infidelity.

People here will be willing to believe him if you can provide real evidence that they are wrong, and will be happy to advise you further. But there is no humouring here, that is saved for programs that are all fluff. People here mean business.

Are you serious about finding out the truth and fixing it? If you are, you are in the right place. But don't throw away excellent resources (the posters here who have recovered their marriages) because you think you know better. You are the one in a marriage that is failing, you are not qualified to tell what makes a marriage successful. In time, after recover, yes - but not right now. And neither were many of these posters, until well after recovery.

A
A
"I never loved you" is NEVER uttered by a non-wayward spouse who is unhappy in their marriage, btw. It is "I loved you, why have you changed [alcoholism, anger outbursts, etc]". Non-wayward spouses remember the good, miss the good, love the good, want it back. Wayward spouses re-write history.

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Put this on his computer and wait.
Keylogger Programs

In the mean time, no love busting and be the best wife as your gathering your Intel.

Do not confront him and do not tell him about MB.

You're Mrs. James Bond.

Listen to Mel.

Can't do the keylogger, I don't have access to his computer.

He's been asking for space and I offered for him to have a week or two away (in a hotel or stay with friends) and it looks like he's going to take me up on that offer. I don't expect he'll take his desktop computer with him (if he does I'll assume he's having an affair and go from there ). I'm looking into how to "break into" his computer while he's gone and I'll see what I can find out.

If I get in, does that keylogger work on a Mac? And if anyone has tips on breaking into a password protected Mac that would be appreciated. (i'll start a new thread in the other forum for that question)

S
S
Anonymous, I don't know (from my lightening-quick read of your thread) why your H is away, but my own experience with a travelling spouse is that this is the time that he is with OW, if there is one.

I BEG you to go online and find a PI for the area that he has travelled to, and hire them. If he is with OW, that is all the evidence you will need, and it wil be worth every penny you spend. I'm sure you can upload a photo of him and do everything online, from a distance. We had someone here who hired a PI in Hungary when she was in Ireland.

If you miss this opportunity and you can't crack the Mac, you will be living in hell for longer than necessary. Please do this. It took me a long time to recover from my near nervous breakdown caused by my H's affair which he hid while travelling, and the several D Days I went through because I could not prove anything until after various facts came to light. I don't want you to go through what I did.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
I just re-read the post above. He is not away yet?

He is asking for "space" to be with OW. Don't give him your blessing for him to go and have unlimited sex with her. You could hire a PI right there where you live and he/she will find out what's going on in a few days. Please do it.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
A
OP Offline
A
I don't think he's having a PA. If everyone here is right and he's having an affair it's going to be an EA. (to verify this I can easily check the mileage on the vehicle that he would drive if he were to leave the house, and I'll do that for the rest of the week). The EA would only be discoverable on his computer. I can't hack it when he's at home (which is all the time). So, unless someone has a better idea, I think him leaving is for the the best.

S
S
I don't think he's having a PA. If everyone here is right and he's having an affair it's going to be an EA.
Please explain why you say this.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Just posting to let the OP know i may have found a solution to her question in the operation investigate forum.

p.s. haha .. now i know how to get around passwords for both mac AND pc! smile Thanks for asking that question it was a great learning experience.

MNG

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by SugarCane
I don't think he's having a PA. If everyone here is right and he's having an affair it's going to be an EA.

We know absolutely no one in the area. We've been her for two years. We don't go to church or out anywhere. He has no hobbies that take him out of the house. If he met someone local, he met them first online. So he could be having a PA. But there will be evidence of it on his computer.

M
M
[
He's been asking for space and I offered for him to have a week or two away (in a hotel or stay with friends) and it looks like he's going to take me up on that offer. I don't expect he'll take his desktop computer with him (if he does I'll assume he's having an affair and go from there ). I'm looking into how to "break into" his computer while he's gone and I'll see what I can find out.

Asking for space is another classic sign of an affair. Why else would a person need "space" if not to have no interference with his affair? There is no other rational reason. Just think about it, if your marriage is broken, one can't very well fix if he is not there. But your husband is not interested in fixing it because he has someone else.

But don't take our word for it. Hire a PI and you will quickly find out. And no, it is not an EA. Men don't leave their wives for EAs.

By agreeing to give him "space" you are facilitating his affair.

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane

We know absolutely no one in the area. We've been her for two years. We don't go to church or out anywhere. He has no hobbies that take him out of the house. If he met someone local, he met them first online. So he could be having a PA. But there will be evidence of it on his computer.

Your husband has a lover. He probably met her online and then met in person.

Again, don't take my word for it. Hire the PI, do some sleuthing yourself. You will see. I am sorry. frown

Exposure 101

M
M
I don't think he's having a PA. If everyone here is right and he's having an affair it's going to be an EA. (to verify this I can easily check the mileage on the vehicle that he would drive if he were to leave the house, and I'll do that for the rest of the week). The EA would only be discoverable on his computer. I can't hack it when he's at home (which is all the time). So, unless someone has a better idea, I think him leaving is for the the best.

So you are home with him 24/7?

And how would leaving to have an affair be "for the best?" It would be the "best" for the affair but nothing else. A separation makes it much harder to fix your marriage.

Exposure 101

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 731 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation