Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2673170 10/11/12 01:32 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Why are people so mean? This is a video that has gone viral and its flipping sad. I was bullied in school from elementary right up until i pretty much found my wife, but we didnt have the technology like we do today that could have made it worse as this one has panned out.

My heart bleeds for this family as the maker of the video hung herself yesterday. Spread the word people. Share the video...

[video:youtube]
[/video]

May God bless everyone ..

MNG

M
OP Offline
M
GRrrr ... I am so mad at the bullies that caused this. TOTALLY empathize.

M
M
I was bullied pretty badly, too.

I cannot solve the problem for every child, but Prisca and I solve the problem as it arises for our children by not forcing them to be around children who bully them, or trusting anyone else besides ourselves to protect them. Our children are homeschooled and that solves massive amounts of the problem right there in our case, and in other contexts where they are bullied, they are free to walk away and come get us for help, a freedom I did not have when I was in school.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
B
B
Bullying is not right but parents need to talk to their children about making bad choices and be involved so they have little opportunity to get into trouble. Terrible that a young girl took her life but I don't think it is as simple as bullying.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
K
K
I was bullied in a minor way in school, kicked once or twice. Teacher was no help--he got a negative conduct score and that was it.

I ended up bullying my brother, though not physically.

Those who bully including myself should have been stopped, but we never were. I was scolded, yes, but until I got bored of it nothing really stopped me from doing things like insulting my brother and not sharing a darn thing and even trying to claim his things, and so on. And the bullying I endured was stopped only because I left the class at the end of the year and got homeschooled.

There was one dad in the news recently who walked around with a sign outside his kid's school--his kid had been punished for finally standing up to his bully. I'd get the link if I remembered where it was...but kudos to that dad.

More needs to be done. But many parents of bullies seems to be bullies themselves...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
N
N
I'm with BR on the need for parental guidance. But....oh, yeah....Mommy and Daddy were now playing house without each other, weren't they? It would be interesting to discover if whichever partner blew up their marriage has a pang of guilt, now.

M
OP Offline
M
ALot of teenage girls who do things like this girl did in the video (flash boobs) are usually seeking attention they are not recieving at home. This unfortunately happens FAR too often. Probably very similar to the opposite of a mother demasculating her son. My wife found me the same way.. I gave her the attention and love she was not getting at home (she lived with her grandma til she was 13 and was abandoned by her mom to social services because she apparently would not stop crying and her mom stated she was going to kill her if she didnt so her mom locked her in the bathroom as an infant and ran away after calling social services on herself) thankfully i was a niceguy (damaged by being bullied so i was very timid and cautious of others) and I let HER lead our relationship and never pushed for anything she didnt want to do, i just wanted someone normal to hang out with that liked me for who i was.

Teenage girls NEED their dads ... gives them unsexual love they require to function as adults. At least thats the way I see it.

B
B
I don't know what this girl's story is but it's still probably a number of things...not just one thing whether it be bullying, divorced parents, low self esteem, etc.

There are plenty of people who are put through crap in their lives. We all don't handle it the same though.

There are plenty of girls who have loving, intact families that flash their boobs and engage in all sorts of foolish activities because they are kids.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
N
N
It matters not at all to the principle, but this young lady was evidently Canadian.

Bullied Canadian Teen Commits Suicide After
Posting Last-Ditch Cry for Help on YouTube

A 15-year-old girl from Metro Vancouver reportedly committed
suicide last night, just over a month after posting a YouTube
video recounting how bullying forced her to switch schools
and drove her to drugs, alcohol, and self-harm.

M
OP Offline
M
Yeah .. thats crazy it was in Vancouver, found that out this morning when i got up as it was on the www.yahoo.ca news headlines this morning when i got up. I didnt even know that when i posted it. ... it was floating around facebook when I seen it.

Sad ...

B
B
Originally Posted by karmasrose
There was one dad in the news recently who walked around with a sign outside his kid's school--his kid had been punished for finally standing up to his bully. I'd get the link if I remembered where it was...but kudos to that dad.

Is this the one?

Punish the victims

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
K
K
Yeah, that's the guy.

I bet you his kid thinks a lot of him now. Dad's willing to do something like this for him.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
OP Offline
M
More news related to this story.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/amanda-todds-alleged-tormentor-named-hacker-group-011945897.html - hacker group anonymous names primary tormentor.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...torment-amanda-todd-death-195732341.html - Tormentor interviewed.

Heres part of the Tormentors interview from the link above
Originally Posted by Tormentor Interviewed
In sum, his motivation came down to attracting attention and inciting people for kicks.

"I got a lot of enjoyment," he told the paper. "I enjoy screwing around with people who think they're tough because they threaten physical violence to people who post pictures on Facebook. I don't think that the photo I posted is nice and I think it's very morbid, but I was well within the Facebook Terms and Conditions and my legal rights to post it."

"I got almost 20,000 views on [Facebook] insights up from about 400. I got about 40 new page likes. The sheer popularity of my page skyrocketed," he added.

Haunter, who refuses to divulge any personal information other than the fact he's a college student in the "computer field," seemed to believe his actions did not constitute a form of hateful activity.

"I didn't do it to spread hate, I did it to get a rise out of people. I guess the difference is the intention. If I hated Amanda and bullied her through her life, then yes, it would be a form of hate. But this is just morbid and tasteless humor," he said.

What one person considers "morbid and tasteless humor" could have a lifelong impact on others. Imagine the friends or family of Amanda Todd having to contend with those images while their pain is still so raw.

In spite of this awareness, Haunted seems to think the people who want to track him down are the real bullies.

"The people posting hate on my page think they have every reason to give me death threats which I have gotten plenty of in the last two days, but they fail to see that this is precisely the line of thinking that made Amanda Todd commit suicide," he said, recasting himself in the role of victim.

As long as users refuse to connect the person they're "trolling" with real human beings on the other end, expect this growing lack of empathy to keep bullying in headlines on continual loop.

Wow ...

O
O
The content of the tormentor's interview is not surprising. In every case I've experienced, the bully is actually a withering coward who instantly casts himself/herself into the victim role when confronted.

I was a very small,very quiet child and a seemingly ideal victim for bullies. I was also meaner than a one-eyed rattlesnake and twice as fast to strike, so I've seen the role-swap many, many times.

Bullies are, first and foremost, cowards. They also scream, run, and cry for help when someone stands up to them.

Happens every time.

My heart goes out to this girl's family.

Last edited by OldWarHorse; 10/16/12 02:01 PM.
C
C
This was the saddest video. I ached for her. All that she wanted was a friend and to be loved. The one guy that spreaded her picture around should be held accountable for something. The bullying has to stop.

M
M
Originally Posted by ChristineR
This was the saddest video. I ached for her. All that she wanted was a friend and to be loved. The one guy that spreaded her picture around should be held accountable for something. The bullying has to stop.
Christine, would you like to share your story with us?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

V
V
I am being harassed on FB now and getting the American authorities to get involved in my case is terrible. I am an adult woman, I'm sure I'll survive. I know who is harassing me, the authorities know, and no one will do anything.

It's demeaning, I feel unheard, until there is physical threats the police are not willing to do anything.

I have pages and pages of screen shots of harassment - hundreds of messages calling me names. I can't imagine being a teen and going through this.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
B
B
Originally Posted by HopefulNC
I am being harassed on FB now and getting the American authorities to get involved in my case is terrible. I am an adult woman, I'm sure I'll survive. I know who is harassing me, the authorities know, and no one will do anything.

It's demeaning, I feel unheard, until there is physical threats the police are not willing to do anything.

I have pages and pages of screen shots of harassment - hundreds of messages calling me names. I can't imagine being a teen and going through this.

So sorry Hooeful. Is this person posting on your page? Have you thought about blocking them and making your settings so tight?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

V
V
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
So sorry Hooeful. Is this person posting on your page? Have you thought about blocking them and making your settings so tight?

I've been advised not to look and have someone else screenshot everything for court. Yes, she was posting on my page, she posted over 100 comments on my page.

Once this is said and done I'm off Facebook, it's nothing but trouble.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation