Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising65
I'll have to get my daughter to do that since WH has me blocked from his page, like I really care.

Found out from someone else today that said the same thing that when it comes to adultery you cannot get alimony in Florida.

WH would have had an easier time just by signing and leaving me alone because now he is going to have to owe a lawyer now. It would have cost him nothing. Only I would have had to pay anything and that is $5000. Now he has just cost us both more money. He might get something in the end but he will have to pay more than it is worth.

I have already decided to go travel nursing next year when all of this is over. I plan on travelling in Tennessee next year because my parents live there. There is nothing here for me besides my children, and they are adults, and memories. My DD22 and my granddaughter will probably move to Tennessee next year when DD22 finishes school.

I hope the Lord will bless you in whatever you decide to do with your career

P
OP Offline
P
Had to go in today to sign some more paperwork. Verified that there is a new statute that says that if you are living with someone and they are helping to support you, which is happening to my WH, that it does affect if you can get alimony or not. My lawyer's legal assistant was trying to find the paper that statede that for me and said that WH is just filing for alimony to drag things out. She told me that in the end my WH will probably just settle. Go in tomorrow now to see my lawyer to talk to him, it is an hour long appointment. Was glad to move it up from the 22nd. I am starting to feel better about things. I know I'll be paying several thousand more before it is over with but it will be worth it.

BW-me 47yrs
WH-him 50yrs
married 24yrs, together 25 yrs,DD 25yrs, DD 22yrs(granddaughter born 3/14/2012).
D-Day#1 discovered cell phone calls 6/30/2009
D-Day#2 7/26/2009
Plan D 06/2012/WH served 8/17/12
WH left 7/25/2009/WH moved in with OW 7/29/2009
Trying to reconcile 12/30/2009/left 10/22/2010
2nd OW 8/2011? and living in Idaho.
"Dochas" Gaelic for hope which I have with me at all times because it is tattooed on my lower back.
P
OP Offline
P
Going to settle with WH for half of my retirement at the hospital where I work before it was taken over. I really can't afford to continue paying my lawyer $400/hr. WH has accepted it after finally talking it over with him. He wanted me to give him $30,000 and I asked him where was that going to come from? He is so stupid, he thinks there is a lot of equity in the house but my lawyer said that my house was a "wash". In the back of my mind I knew I was going to have to give him 1/2 of my retirement. At least I will have my 401K that I have working on, my bills only, my house and all of my stuff.

WH wants me to put in my will that he will continue to get my retirement after I die. Unfortunately he will have to get that approved before the divorce is granted and he will have to pay his lawyer to take the hospital to court and the hospital said that has been successfull one time only and that was an extreme circumstance. If I die before WH he won't get any of my retirement either because we are not married.

WH said if I get all the paperwork together the way he wants it and send it to him he would sign it. I think he is trying to bypass his lawyer because he doesn't want to have to pay him anymore money. Oh, well, guess I will find out soon. Let's hope this will finished before Christmas.

BW-me 47yrs
WH-him 50yrs
married 24yrs, together 25 yrs,DD 25yrs, DD 22yrs(granddaughter born 3/14/2012).
D-Day#2 7/26/2009
"Dochas" Gaelic for hope which I have with me at all times because it is tattooed on my lower back.
M
M
Settling with an alcoholic wayward will come to haunt you forever. They only get worse (and I mean worse) as life goes on ... make sure you are fully protected to the end of time.

B
B
WH wants me to put in my will that he will continue to get my retirement after I die. Unfortunately he will have to get that approved before the divorce is granted and he will have to pay his lawyer to take the hospital to court and the hospital said that has been successfull one time only and that was an extreme circumstance. If I die before WH he won't get any of my retirement either because we are not married.

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. If you put in your decree, I will put in my will that exWH gets my retirement after I die...guess what...when you don't do that you'll be dead so ooohhhhhh well. If there is a survivor benefit to your retirement, list your children (or whoever) and let him go fight it out with the hospital should you die before him.

Don't do the work for him. Put very loose language in there so there is little legal teeth to it and let him spending his time and money suing a hospital about it's retirement plans...good luck with that. Don't point any details out to him about what the hospital said, etc. Maybe stupid will sign because he thinks it's all good. Don't offer up anything voluntarily.

Last edited by black_raven; 10/16/12 03:41 PM.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
P
OP Offline
P
Finally heard from lawyer today. Everything is getting typed up today and I have to go by and look it over and if it is okay then it will be sent to my WH's lawyer. I hope this is over soon, maybe if I am lucky it will be over before Christmas.

BW-me 47yrs
WH-him 50yrs
D-Day#2 7/26/2009
B
B
Finally heard from lawyer today. Everything is getting typed up today and I have to go by and look it over and if it is okay then it will be sent to my WH's lawyer. I hope this is over soon, maybe if I am lucky it will be over before Christmas.
Sending you good vibes... pray

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

O
O
good luck with all of it PR65. It will be good to get this chapter in your life behind you.
opt

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 433 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation