Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 50 of 64 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 63 64
K
K
That will be interesting to listen to, I'm sure.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
B
B
Originally Posted by karmasrose
That will be interesting to listen to, I'm sure.
I know, right?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
His wife emailed the show today. Saying he was disrespectful and pressuring for recovery. No need to post if he has contact with her, classic take me back ill say whatever you want then go back doing the same thing. I could be mistaken the email was about a caller named Jay.

What about respect?
If he is usin the name KISS he could at the very least call himself KISS on the radio show..., or Gene Simmons.

J
J
Gene Simmons is quite the role model...

Me, BS: 35
WxH: 36 "HAM" Hearts a mess
6yo DS (with WxH), 9 and 12yo DDs from first marriage
Discovered DH's affair in June, 2011
"I'm not having an affair, you're crazy." major gaslighting
Served with divorce papers on 2/3/12
Divorce final 7/29/2013
Living day by day, counting my blessings, loving my children
Personal Recovery well underway!
N
N
disrespectful and pressuring for recovery

faint

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
K
K
Disrespectful HOW, is what I wonder.

"It's your fault we can't recover"?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
B
B
kiss,

Where are you? Where did you go?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
OP Offline
N
We have been talking and we went to a marriage counselor on Thursday. It was very good as we did discuss how RQ feels about me pressuring her. I think it helped both of us see our sides of the issue. I realize that when she is having a moment or a bad flashback I need to not push her for info on whats going on. I think she realized that when I ask her whats wrong or if she is ok that she needs to give me some kind of response not just shut down. She should be able to tell me she is having upsetting thoughts or that she just needs a moment and I should be ok with that and give her space without pushing her for more info.

It was RQ on the radio show yesturday. She was accually just giving them a update on us not wanting it to be used on the radio but it really helped me realize that I can't push her for info when she is having a bad moment or a flashback from a trigger.

KISS

D
D
I want a cookie I called it!

B
B
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
I want a cookie I called it!
You got it. laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
Originally Posted by kiss
it really helped me realize that I can't push her for info when she is having a bad moment or a flashback from a trigger.

KISS

You shouldn't be pushing her...period.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
H
H
Originally Posted by black_raven
it really helped me realize that I can't push her for info when she is having a bad moment or a flashback from a trigger.

KISS

You shouldn't be pushing her...period.

X2 Kiss I hope you are listening.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
J
J
If RQ is out of plan B, maybe she should resume her thread in order to get support and feedback.

Divorce final 7/29/2013
H
H
Just because RQ is taking baby steps out of Plan B it doesn't mean she wants to stay married.

She just may not be able to overcome the damage done by Kiss. And that's not her fault, she never got a vote about whether Kiss dropped his pants and allowed his d... in another woman's mouth, etc., etc.

And it doesn't mean she needs to start up her thread and get marriage advice either.

just an observation..... and just my .25

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
J
J
That's why I put the "maybe" because I wouldn't want her to feel vulnerable to manipulation...

Divorce final 7/29/2013
B
B
Originally Posted by JenniferVoyager
That's why I put the "maybe" because I wouldn't want her to feel vulnerable to manipulation...
The ball has been in kiss's court for a year now.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

N
OP Offline
N
I have have been trying to give RQ space. I made a deal with her that I wouldn't reach out to her unless she sends me a text or calls me. I only come around or stay at the house when she wants me to. So when we are together I will ask her if she wants me to stay or go to my buddies house. When she says for me to stay she I always ask if she is sure she wants me to stay. I don't want her to feel obligated for me to stay.

A coupe nights ago she said that she wanted me to go to stay at my buddies house and again I asked her if she thats really what she wanted just like the nights she asks me to stay. She got upset with me saying that I was pressuring her. So I left.

The next day I only sent her a text a couple of times. I didn't want to push or bother her unless she reached out to me. Thats what we agreed to when we first started talking. Later she was mad because I didn't text that often. I don't know what to do! I don't want to push or rush her but I don't want her to think I don't think about her every second that I'm away from her either.

It just seams like such a fine line. I don't want to due anything to push her away. I feel some times that I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't.

KISS

N
OP Offline
N
I re listened to the radio program today of RQ sending her update to the radio show. My biggest takeaways were that when having intimate conversation ask questions to get to know each other better. Focus on things that we like. This will help make love bank deposits. Also pay 100 percent attention to RQ. The negative things to avoid are don't draw on the past. Any negative thoughts don't bring them up. Also if you can't control the anger or disrespectful out bursts don't talk at all. Have great conversations. My #1 thing I need to work on right now is keeping the conversations balanced. We both talk equal. When she brings up a topic or issue have a response don't just have a one or two word response. I have to work on stimulating her and show that I am engaged in the conversation not just a listener.

KISS

N
N
I only come around or stay at the house when she wants me to. So when we are together I will ask her if she wants me to stay or go to my buddies house. When she says for me to stay she I always ask if she is sure she wants me to stay. I don't want her to feel obligated for me to stay.

Assume, instead, that you're staying at your friend's house and don't pose the question to her every time. If she wants otherwise, let her bring it up on her own and not as a response to a question that you've asked.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

N
N
So when we are together I will ask her if she wants me to stay or go to my buddies house. When she says for me to stay she I always ask if she is sure she wants me to stay. A couple nights ago she said that she wanted me to go to stay at my buddies house and again I asked her if she that's really what she wanted just like the nights she asks me to stay. She got upset with me saying that I was pressuring her.

Okay, so how about abandoning the passive/aggressive crap and just do WHAT she wants, WHEN she wants it, without questioning her? With the history you and she have, specifically your manipulation of her emotions, it's obvious to us out here that:

- you're fully cognizant of the disturbing effect that the "Are you suuuuuure...." approach is having, and
- she is rapidly getting wise to your tactics.

If she asks you to shave your head, my friend, your only question should be, "Do you have a razor handy?"

Page 50 of 64 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 554 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation