Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2686830 11/29/12 06:39 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Hey y'all, I'm requesting prayers from the praying folks if you can find a little time. I'm not doing so well with this divorce stuff, I'm having a tough time right now...I'm sure I'll be fine in time but for the here and now I could use some prayer.

Also,don't forget LTL and our son. Thanks in advance y'all...

J
J
I just prayed for you:

Lord God please bless and guide this family and please comfort their child during this time.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

J
J
Lookin, I strongly encourage you to show love to your daughter as much as possible and your wife until the day Of divorce.

I would like to share the following with you:

A long time ago, God lead the Prophet Ezekial to a valley that was full of dry bones. Lots of skeletons, probably from a battle long ago.
And God asked Ezekial, Can these bones live?
Ezekiel answered, Only you know lord.
God then commanded the bones to grow flesh and muscles and breathed his Spirit into them and they lived.

A similar event happened hundreds of years later, when the God Man Jesus walked the earth. A man named Lazarus had died. He was dead for several days, a rotting stinking corpse and Jesus came to his tomb and commanded "Lazarus, come forth." and Lazarus, formerly a rotting corpse was brought back to life and made whole.

God has the power to take what is broken and to fix it.
He created the covenant of marriage. The early church considered marriage a Holy Sacrament, an act of obedience to God.

God does grant us the right to divorce for adultery. But marriage is an institution created by God and part of His divine plan.
I don't know the details of your situation but I urge you to carefully humble yourself before God in prayer and ask for guidance.
Especially for your child. Poor little children. Divorce is literally like world war 3 for them. Imagine driving in your car and the Emergency Broadcast System announces Russia just launched missiles against your home state. That is what divorce is like to a child.

I urge you to read the Bible, especially the books of Job, Hosea
And the Gospel of John.
And know that God can raise the dead. You may not know what His master plan is for you but He does love you, your wife and your child.

A
A
Father we honor the request for prayer and ask for your help. I pray for lookin4thehandle that you would provide reassurrance that You are with them and those in the family. Lord I pray that in the hard times Your voice is clear and Your love, mercy and grace is great. I pray for healing and to know life will be ok. Please honor the request for prayer and bless them now Father.

In Jesus name we pray,
Amen

L
OP Offline
L
Thank you very much, the prayers are greatly appreciated...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation