Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 64 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 63 64
N
N
Oven-crisped (not deep-fried) chicken chimichangas, served with salsa, sour cream, and homemade guacamole, with a light '03 Barolo

J
J
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Last night I had hot dogs...wrapped in cheese slices. Standard mustard and ketchup.

My dinners are so boring compared to the rest of yours.

LOL. Kids and I had a hot dog too, on the way to the movies to see Home Alone.

M
M
Liver and onions, fried cabbage and spinach with vinegar. yum!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
CHINESE STEWED PORK (AKA: The World's Easiest Recipe)

Put
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup low-salt soy sauce
1/4 cup sherry
2 chopped garlic cloves

in a pot and bring to a low boil for maybe 5 minutes. Add
2 lbs cubed pork
8 mushrooms, quartered

Bring back to a moderate/brisk simmer, and leave for 80 minutes. Add
6 chopped scallions

Continue simmer for 10 minutes. Serve in bowls over prepared brown rice.

J
J
Hash browns and scrambled eggs

L
L
Hot dogs, sliced tomatoes and oranges.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
M
M
Ribeye, stuffed pablano pepper, dinner salad and deviled eggs. yum!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Brown in bag chicken, noodles, green beans, and watermelon.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
T
T
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
CHINESE STEWED PORK (AKA: The World's Easiest Recipe)

Put
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup low-salt soy sauce
1/4 cup sherry
2 chopped garlic cloves

in a pot and bring to a low boil for maybe 5 minutes. Add
2 lbs cubed pork
8 mushrooms, quartered

Bring back to a moderate/brisk simmer, and leave for 80 minutes. Add
6 chopped scallions

Continue simmer for 10 minutes. Serve in bowls over prepared brown rice.

Is that 80 minutes of boil? Do you have to add water?

Me (BH): 42
Her (WS): 39
Married 19 yrs
DD: 16, DD: 11, DD: 7
D-Day: 7-5-2011, Caught searching 10-15-2012
T
T
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Hash browns and scrambled eggs

Who doesn't love breakfast for dinner. laugh

Married 19 yrs
N
N
Is that 80 minutes of boil?

It's 80 minutes of brisk simmer, starting with the initial cup of liquid, and the pork then supplies more juice as it cooks.

T
T
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Is that 80 minutes of boil?

It's 80 minutes of brisk simmer, starting with the initial cup of liquid, and the pork then supplies more juice as it cooks.

Sounds amazing. I may give that one a try later this week.

For the record, we had (leftover) Roast Beef Sandwiches and French Onion Soup.

Married 19 yrs
C
C
Oohh sounds good TTS

M
M
Being the season for it, potato pancakes.

Use a blender and grate some potatos, and use a colander and push down to squeeze out as much of the potato liquid as possible. (cant believe how much one can hold.)

Grate an onion (2 if youre so inclined), mix with potatos.

Add some salt and sprinkle in some bread crumbs for the ultra crunchy outside you'll love so much.

In a frying pan pour an 1/8" of some cooking oil. Cook on med-high.

DO NOT FORM PERFECTLY ROUNDED PANCAKES. Part of the deliciousness is the the crunchy jagged edges.

Put a glob of potato mixture in the oil, use a spoon to push in the middle and let it go until golden brown and flip to the other side.

Eat with sour cream and or apple sauce.

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
L
L
Plain ole warming chili tonight!

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Online course July '11 to July '12
17 sessions with S. Harley Feb '12 to Sep '12
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
M
M
Originally Posted by LifetimeLearner
Plain ole warming chili tonight!

yum! That is what I had for lunch today. I have been thinking about chili for a few days. I will have to whip up some Texas Road Kill Chili this weekend. laugh

Supper was Digorno pizza sans the crust.

Exposure 101

S
S
Pizza without crust is ... mixed vegetables with cheese. How is it pizza without a crust? think faint

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Pizza without crust is ... mixed vegetables with cheese. How is it pizza without a crust? think faint

Listen here, Lady Diana, we can eat whatever we want in America!! lashes

Exposure 101

S
S
rotflmao

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Here is something you fine foreigners and yankees might enjoy! laugh

Texas Roadkill Chili

So you want to be a Texan! Well, get out the skinnin' knife and a big pot, you're going to need them both. All Texans are born with a recipe for chili imprinted in their DNA.

1 lb. of roadkill meat - I leave the choice of mystery meat, skinning and gutting to you, but it's best to do it under the cover of darkness, depending on the roadkill. This mystery meat can be venison (especially abundant in the Texas Hill Country), possum, buzzard (although rare), dog, cat, skunk, snake, mule lips, armadillo - whatever presents itself. Just drive around these Texas highways with a spotter in the passenger seat to find your mystery meat. This may also be ground beef.

1 large Vidallia onion - of course, any onion will do.

1 clove garlic

2-4 drops of Liquid Smoke

1 TBSP oregano

1 TBSP crushed red pepper - the fresher the better

3 hot peppers of your choice - fresh serrano chile peppers is my choice (whatever you like best, I start with 2 and go up from there).

1 TBSP cumin

2 TBSP chili powder (freshly ground is best)

1 can tomato sauce

2 longneck beers - I prefer Shiner, but you may choose anything that is available, sipped and added as necessary

All measurements are variable. It is like when your mom says, "Just add a little of this and a little of that and taste it." Cumin and chili powder and seasonings should be adjusted as the chili cooks - don't dump it all in at once. Keep a cold beer with you at all times and share with the chili pot during the cooking process.

The secret to good chili is practice and the art of adjusting your seasonings as you cook the chili. Always remember to make small adjustments and you can always add more; add too much and it will be difficult, if not impossible, to recover the proper taste!

1. To start Chili, you must brown the meat of your choice in a skillet. Cut the strips small, you want it to "fall apart" after all.

2. Add chopped onion, chopped peppers (green and hot), minced garlic, crushed red pepper, cumin, oregano, and chili powder.

3. Liquid smoke is added next, Be very careful to use only two to four drops; this can overpower your chili.

4. Saut� ingredients, cook until onions and peppers become clear.

5. Add tomato sauce to a consistency of soup but not too thin. It is always better to add a smaller amount and if the chili thickens too soon you can always add more beer. If you get too much beer inthe mix, just add Masa Harina if you have any on hand. This is a Mexican corn flour that is used to make corn tortillas. Some recipes call for Masa Harina to add flavor to the chili. I have used it and it adds a unique flavor to the chili.

6. Let it simmer for at least two hours. No beans are allowed. This is not Yankee chili, for God's sake. If the mix becomes too thick, add more beer. I find that one sip calls for one splash into the pot.

Mmmmm � Texas Roadkill Chili. And never, never, try to make chili from leftover meatloaf. Of course, Stomps With Foot makes all the chili at our casa - and this is all made up. found here

Exposure 101

Page 37 of 64 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation