Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 64 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 63 64
N
N
The 2 year old has redeemed you!

...in so many ways![Linked Image from planetsmilies.com]

K
K
Er, I should mention that leakage was due to the fact that it was slow-cooked.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
T
T
Still working for the two main food pantries in my area and for Christmas a local grocery store donated several boxes of bacon and sausages, rice, pastries,a and bread. So a lot of people in this area had what they needed and full stomackes for Chritmas. The store also donated dairy products (milk, cheese, etc.) even tho past the store expiration date but still decent to consume. I worked with several of the clients the day before christmas and it was very rewarding to be able to provide these gifts and most of the clients were very appreciative. Some asked for more food and were disappointed of course when we had to limit them as only so muich to go arund for so many. We did have candy tho from the donations as well and the kids seemed happy with that. It's disappointing to know that clients can visit only once in each 30 days, so you have to supply them with as much as possible within the limitations. Most make the rounds of different pantires and shelters over the month. At least we were able to provide them with healthy staples and some extras.

Tom

Last edited by Tom2010; 12/28/12 07:14 PM.
J
J
Tom,

I've been eating lots of eggs and ham
Lately.

It is low cost and healthy

L
L
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Tom,

I've been eating lots of eggs and ham
Lately.

It is low cost and healthy

Add some green food coloring or spinich to the scrambled eggs......fun and healthy.....kids might like eating green eggs and ham. smile

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
N
N
You're a good guy, Tom!

Thanks for being there for those in need!
happynewyr

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
T
T
J-K

despite what some people might say ham and egss not bad. I somtiems have a ham salad when can afford it and is good. Not sure fs you were kidding int terms of the ham and eggs but that would be good meal people here in need. But, I believe you are serisou and very concerned. This is a tough job, J-K, no matter who does it. Tonight am feeling effects of a muscle pull from a few weeks ago so am not sure am ready to go in and heft boxes . But, pobably will because I do not like giving up.
Tom

N
N
So DS29 bought bride the two-volume set of Julia Child's original work for Christmas.

Tonight I dined on Gratin Aux Fruits de Mer, Concumbres � la Greque, and a home made batard.

You'll excuse me if I chose later to spend some time attending to the EN of Admiration!

C
C
Originally Posted by Tom2010
J-K

despite what some people might say ham and egss not bad. I somtiems have a ham salad when can afford it and is good. Not sure fs you were kidding int terms of the ham and eggs but that would be good meal people here in need. But, I believe you are serisou and very concerned. This is a tough job, J-K, no matter who does it. Tonight am feeling effects of a muscle pull from a few weeks ago so am not sure am ready to go in and heft boxes . But, pobably will because I do not like giving up.
Tom

Most Men don't Tom..Proud of ya Guy..Keep on Keepen on..

M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
So DS29 bought bride the two-volume set of Julia Child's original work for Christmas.

Tonight I dined on Gratin Aux Fruits de Mer, Concumbres � la Greque, and a home made batard.

sigh I am going to start charging for my YANKEE TRANSLATION services!

ok, folks, here is what the silly yankee man ate:

Gratin Aux Fruits de Mer = tuna casserole

Concumbres � la Greque = cucumber salad

batard: BREAD

In other words, the man had tuna casserole, cucumbers and TEXAS TOAST!! kiss

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Gratin Aux Fruits de Mer = tuna casserole

[Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] Tuna? I was a coho salmon, dammit! It figures, though, coming from an
inlander whose idea of fine piscatorial cuisine is frozen fish-stick pizza!

L
L

I found this recipe a long time ago that was supposed to be a beef stew recipe of Julia Child's. It was marinated with a bit of burgundy and I don't mind if you call the recipe a French name or English name, it was delicious! Warmed our bones on a very cold winter night. I wished I still had that recipe. Time and care during cooking, I say, makes an okay meal turn out to be a heavenly meal! cool

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Online course July '11 to July '12
17 sessions with S. Harley Feb '12 to Sep '12
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
N
N
"Boeuf Bourguignion", Volume 1, page 315

In the movie Julie and Julia, this is a major plot element. It is also delicious!

(You might try your local library, LL!)

L
L
Fantastic! Thank you very much NG for I really missed having that recipe.

Major plot element, eh? Sounds intriguing enough to consider watching the movie.

A minute later...

Oh, ha, ha! I just looked it up on Amazon and it's one of the recipes shown in the "look inside" option.

Last edited by LifetimeLearner; 01/01/13 01:06 PM. Reason: Added information

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Online course July '11 to July '12
17 sessions with S. Harley Feb '12 to Sep '12
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
N
N
So, when can we expect the dinner invites?

L
L

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
A
A
Black-eyed peas disguised in 13 bean soup with ham.

Tourtiere - beef and pork, a gift from our contractor and mayor (yep, same guy).

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
N
N
Tonight, by the way:

For the culinary discerning:[Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] Bonjour, mes amis!

Champignons Farcis
Gigot � la Moutarde
Pur�e de Pommes de Terre � L'Ail
Haricot verts Blanchis

Or, for the mid-Western Philistines: [Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] Howday, y'all!

Stuffed mushrooms
Mustard-crusted leg of lamb
Garlic mashed potatoes
Boiled green beans

C
C
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Tonight, by the way:

For the culinary discerning:[Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] Bonjour, mes amis!

Champignons Farcis
Gigot � la Moutarde
Pur�e de Pommes de Terre � L'Ail
Haricot verts Blanchis

Or, for the mid-Western Philistines: [Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] Howday, y'all!

Stuffed mushrooms
Mustard-crusted leg of lamb
Garlic mashed potatoes
Boiled green beans

I'll take the french version..

Its all in the presentation anyways..

M
M
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
[

I'll take the french version..

Its all in the presentation anyways..

Traitor! Nooo

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 41 of 64 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation