Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
E
E
Originally Posted by Southpaw
Thanks RQ - I am hoping that they cut him loose soon - with his hometown being 3 hours away and him being a "traveller" for work - I would think the affair would be stressed.

If you don't hear anything from the employer soon, I would follow up with a phone call. Sometimes, they think they can sweep things under the rug. Make sure they don't.

J
J
Divorce is war.
Get an att

J
J
Get an attorney before she robs you of everything

N
N
Hell's bells! Get an attorney and rob HER of everything!

S
OP Offline
S
I have the lawyer situation under control, the disposition of assets is being worked on - without getting in to detailsshe is going to be walking away with quite a sum of money.

Then, If she has custody, I will pay child support for my DD(14), and my DS(18) while he is still in HS. Its like , you get cheated on, she files for divorce, then runs you over with a truck, then backs the truck over you.

I will be discussing the pro's and con's of counter-suing for adultry ( I hate to escalate things as it goes against the plan A principles) T do this, I would need to get cell phone records including details of texts between them etc, which would require a court order from the Judge. The lawyers I have talked to have said that this would create a lot of resentment and airing out of dirty laundry and unlikely to affect the outcome. They said, get the divorce, divide the assets 50/50, then we still have somewhat of a cordial relationship left when dealing with our kids issues with College etc.

Anyway, she has been pre-approved for a mortgage and is looking at houses - so when that happens, plan B. I think the way things are going, the Divorce will be done by late April/Early May.

Me: BS - 55
Her: ex W - 50
Together 25 years Married 1990
DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B
Divorce Papers Filed 11/29/2012
Final Divorce hearing June 2013

N
N
Its like , you get cheated on, she files for divorce, then runs you over with a truck, then backs the truck over you...I hate to escalate things as it goes against the plan A principles

Oh, well, then....Give her EVERYTHING! That should put a huge LB$ deposit in her account! BTW: Don't forget your self-respect in that transfer, dude.

Don't you understand? This is WAR! Your job is to win. Your lawyer's job is to not do any work, just collect his fee.

Counter-file for adultery. Threaten public release of her sins, and see how her demands might change. You are surrendering to a dictatress without so much as an "Excuse me...."

I
I
I will be discussing the pro's and con's of counter-suing for adultry ( I hate to escalate things as it goes against the plan A principles)

No it isn't. Plan A REQUIRES you to call a spade a spade. Plan A requires you to stand up for yourself.

She will HATE being divorced for adultery. That is the point. If didn't want that to happen she shouldn't have done it. If she doesn't want it TO happen then she better get to work undoing her adultery.

That is a quintessential part of Plan A. Have you read the carrot and stick of Plan A?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
The lawyers I have talked to have said that this would create a lot of resentment and airing out of dirty laundry and unlikely to affect the outcome. They said, get the divorce, divide the assets 50/50, then we still have somewhat of a cordial relationship left when dealing with our kids issues with College etc.

"Please make our job much easier for us"

I
I
Anyway, she has been pre-approved for a mortgage and is looking at houses - so when that happens, plan B. I think the way things are going, the Divorce will be done by late April/Early May.

I'm so glad her A is working out so well for her!

How can she finance this? Why is she setting the timescale for Plan B?

M
M
I will be discussing the pro's and con's of counter-suing for adultry ( I hate to escalate things as it goes against the plan A principles)

It most certainly does not go against Plan A principles. You should Plan A your wife and fight fiercely against the affair. Cooperating with a divorce scheme is to facilitate the affair.

T do this, I would need to get cell phone records including details of texts between them etc, which would require a court order from the Judge. The lawyers I have talked to have said that this would create a lot of resentment and airing out of dirty laundry and unlikely to affect the outcome

It would create alot of "resentment" for lazy lawyers whose only goal is to get you divorced in the easiest way possible. Please don't inconvenience them and do anything to try to slow down the divorce and save your marriage. They don't like to be bothered with the extra work. They don't give a crap about you and they don't give a crap about your marriage.

You would just make it easier on everyone if you just rolled over and let your wife replace you with EASE.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
I did retain a lawyer on this, I had to go a ways out to get someone on board who is going to file a counter-suit. Interestingly the lawyer is a former marriage counselor who is interested in the MB concepts. I told her about the exposure letters that I have sent, and she is not concerned about them.
The counter suit will be filed this coming week. I hope it does not happen on her birthday - if it does too bad - since our wedding anniversary, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Years all have been a bust !

WW is still denying the affair - says the motel visits did not happen etc - she has devoted most of this weekend to looking at real estate for sale - she even took our daughter along with her.

She told me that her employer "investigated" my letter sent to them and that no action was going to be taken - I have tracked down the temp agency that POSOM works with and sent some certified mail letters to their corporate office - company owner, head of contract employees and COO. I also did some more FB exposure messages before I got shut down again - is there a way to avoid this ?

Anyway - I wanted to post an update - I appreciate the input from you veterans on here - I hop we can get a fog breaking event soon - as I am getting worn down.

Regards

DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B

E
E
She told me that her employer "investigated" my letter sent to them and that no action was going to be taken - I have tracked down the temp agency that POSOM works with and sent some certified mail letters to their corporate office - company owner, head of contract employees and COO. I also did some more FB exposure messages before I got shut down again - is there a way to avoid this ?

Anyway - I wanted to post an update - I appreciate the input from you veterans on here - I hop we can get a fog breaking event soon - as I am getting worn down.

Regards

Ignore what she says, as it could be lies. But I'm glad you went wider on the exposure. It will help to get to the top people in the company. Follow up with a call and check with your lawyer if you have any recourse with the company if they fail to act.

How is your plan A going?

E
E
The only way I know to avoid the shutdown on Facebook is to space the messages 3 minutes apart. But some have gotten temporarily shut down even then.

S
OP Offline
S
RQ - The 3 minute delay worked fine, POSOM has a lot of contacts - after about 90 messages were sent, I am now blocked out of FB for 30 days - I think exposing to over 2/3 of his contacts should be enough for now.

DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B

S
OP Offline
S
I get the following message when logging in to FB

"You've been temporarily blocked from using certain features because you violated Facebook's Terms. Please review the Community Standards to learn what's okay to share on Facebook.

This block will be lifted in 30 days, but if you continue to violate Facebook's Terms, your account could be permanently disabled."

There must be some rule based thing that kicks you out when you send too many messages to people that are not your contacts.

DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B

G
G
Southpaw,

I think exposing to over 2/3 of his contacts should be enough for now.

Yep great work, you've also established that you will strike back, and you hopefully put some fear into the OM to keep him well behaved if he is ever around your children.

God Bless
Gamma

K
K
Odds are good that conversation will take place between those who know and those who don't. This is one time when gossip will come in handy.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
S
OP Offline
S
The latest FB posts together with the certified mail sent to the company he contracts for is definitely going to put some heat on . on FB there is HS and College plus all of the health care people he has worked with. I am sure he is going to get some pressure.

DD 10/16/2012
DS 24&20
DD - 17
Currently in Plan B

G
G
Southpaw,

And there will be no disguising the nature of their relationship, no cute stories about OM saving WW from a loveless marriage, and their being soul mates from eternity. So sorry to trample on their flower bed.

God Bless
Gamma

B
B
I get the following message when logging in to FB

"You've been temporarily blocked from using certain features because you violated Facebook's Terms. Please review the Community Standards to learn what's okay to share on Facebook.

This block will be lifted in 30 days, but if you continue to violate Facebook's Terms, your account could be permanently disabled."

There must be some rule based thing that kicks you out when you send too many messages to people that are not your contacts.
As long as you prioritized his FB contacts with his family first, you should be fine.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation