Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
N
It has been nearly two years since you responded to me and I haven't replied until now.

You better have a damn good reason!

Mrs. GH31 and I are still married, raising our two children and love each other again. We have uttered the ILYs again, have sex on a regular basis, and she has once again become the woman I fell in love with. We talk all the time, chit chat throughout the day and do virtually everything together.

Oh, okay! That'll serve! grin

Wow! What a pleasant surprise, to have you return after 18 months!

Are you and she following all the MB principles/practices - UA, O & H, RH, EN attention, etc, etc? They will speed and reinforce the feelings of attachment and healing that you are experiencing.

Would you want to fill us in on the "path" between July '11 and January '13?

D
D
That's an awesome story. Glad to see the update really gives me hope that my WW will someday hop out of the fog and her A. I am happy that God has blessed you both with a second chance at your marriage. I am sure your kids will see you as an awesome role model for their adult private lives.

G
GH31 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
That's an awesome story. Glad to see the update really gives me hope that my WW will someday hop out of the fog and her A. I am happy that God has blessed you both with a second chance at your marriage. I am sure your kids will see you as an awesome role model for their adult private lives.
Hello Tranquil,

Thank you for your well wishes. I'm afraid the God stuff is lost on me (I'm an atheist for all intents and purposes) but I sincerely appreciate the spirit in which your words are meant.

There is hope. Read what posters like Mortarman or mywifeilove do (and did) and follow their lead even if it seems counterintuitive.

Adulterous spouses don't hop out of the fog, rather they emerge from it, as if slowly waking up from a coma.

What you do now will determine how and indeed whether this happens.

I am still learning each and every day how to do this husband thing.

Best,
GH31

Me: 36
FWW: 36
1 son born in Dec 2009 - confirmed mine through DNA test
1 daughter born in Nov 2010
Together: 13½ years
Married: 10 years

PA/EA: January 2008 to July 2009
FWW left for OM: 01/28/2008
FWW returned for 9 days: 04/2008
FWW returned 05/21/2008

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 788 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation