Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,294
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,294
Quote
My testosterone levels were checked a couple of years age and I was found to have low t. I've done nothing about it.


I'm not doctor but I've heard enough about low T to know that this could be a huge source of your problem.

Low T leads to low energy, depression, etc.

I'd make an appt today.

Getting that rectified could have a dramatic change for you. In a lot of different ways .

For example,

if you ain't got the drive you're surely not going to be able to meet her need for SF.

If you're edgy it could be due to a depressed state.


Me: 57 Her: 54
M: 31 years
Kids(DS23, DD20, DS18)
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 360
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 360
Originally Posted by MrAlias
Quote
My testosterone levels were checked a couple of years age and I was found to have low t. I've done nothing about it.

I'm not doctor but I've heard enough about low T to know that this could be a huge source of your problem.
I agree with MrAlias. I was diagnosed with low testosterone, and at the time of diagnosis I felt out of energy all the time, had little motivation to do things, low libido, felt generally depressed. Since going on testosterone supplementation, those areas have all improved. Testosterone is an important part of what makes you a man, and you should try to keep your levels in the normal range.

Note that if you do get supplementation, you won't notice a difference right away; it took me a month or two before my body absorbed enough of it to where I noticed a difference.

Another potential reason for having no sexual intereest in your wife is pornography. Do you view it?

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 14
E
ehm
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 14
No I do not view it.

It was my anniversary earlier this week. It didn't start off well. We had a big argument about the sex thing again. Additionally, I didn't plan ahead to manage to get my wife a card or present before the day (due to the suspended driver's license). My wife asked me if I had got her a card the last time I walked down to the corner and I told that I had not. Nor had I arranged a babysitter to go out. She was very upset about it. So she told me not to order in any food or try to arrange anything at the last minute. So I bundled up 3 kids and made the trek to the corner to get a card, gift and food to make for dinner. The steak ended up overdone and the potatoes underdone.

We've had a few occasions this week where she has been frustrated with me. When she gets upset, I get a stressed look on my face that she doesn't like. Does anyone have some helpful suggestions on eliminating this?

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,983
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,983
Why do you not have a drivers license?


"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,156
Likes: 1
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,156
Likes: 1
Not fetting around to doing things you could have planned in advance like irganizing your wife's birthday, again, sounds too familiar.

**edited**

I am assuming that you do think your wife's birthday is important and you were not purposely trying to annoy her...

God bless,

Happyheart

Last edited by MBLBanker; 02/09/13 12:20 AM. Reason: Edited to remove non-MB link

MD
happily married to and in love with DH
3 children out of the house, 2 more to go
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 14
E
ehm
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 14
medical suspension. my wife has asked me about getting the necessary doctor's appointments but until she got mad last week, I hadn't made the appointments.

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,481
Likes: 6
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,481
Likes: 6
Originally Posted by ehm
medical suspension. my wife has asked me about getting the necessary doctor's appointments but until she got mad last week, I hadn't made the appointments.
Have you made the appointments?

You lost your license due to a medical suspension? What was the suspension due to?


FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.



Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 14
E
ehm
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 14
I made the appointment to see the first doctor to get the referral. However, due to the weather, I had to cancel the appointment. I've rebooked but I will go to the walk-in clinic to get the referral.

The suspension was due to a seizure.


Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 14
E
ehm
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 14
To be more specific. This is the third time that I have lost my license due to a seizure during my marriage. I have had the seizures due to not following my doctor's recommendations. It includes exercise and stress reducing activities.

Losing my license is hard on my wife. She has to drive the kids to their activities 7 days a week. Shopping/erands/etc...


Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,983
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,983
Is this the reason you are unemployed, no drivers license and the seizure issue?


"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 14
E
ehm
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 14
No. I was told two months ahead of when my contract was to end that it wouldn't be renewed. The seizure just put it over the edge.

I've had a lot of problems with over the last few years with my jobs.

Tomorrow, I will ask my wife to fill out the emotional needs and lover busters survey.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0