Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19
J
J
There is no marriage. Aren't they divorced ?

B
B
Thank you very much Mr. V for your side and perspective.

Have you two thought about doing the online?

Mrs. V if your DH communicates this clear all the time with you, why do you have such a different story? Does he communicate this clear most the time?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
H
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
There is no marriage. Aren't they divorced ?

Indeed, with assets and custody already decided. It's a full on renter's agreement.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
T
T
Being MR and MRS V clearly do not have money issues.

Neither one is having a happy relationship.

That they can afford the cost and have the money to phone session with the Harley's.

I smell a passive aggressive husband controling his WW with his Lt Commander Spock logic.

B
B
No Mr. V is perfectly well too busy to give his wife the time of day. He is happy to have 30 second conversations with her because their current schedule is working out just dandy. Clearly he has his priorities worked out. Mrs V. is left to speculate because Mr. V had made it clear that he's waaaaaaaay too busy to entertain her cnversations... Mrs. V-'s overactive imagination is a direct result of MR. V knowing exactly what is needed in their marriage at this point and spending time with his wife is certainly not permissible.
Well Mr. And Mrs. V. I wish you all the luck in the world. You're going to need it.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
K
K
Interesting. I'm trying to think of a reason not to take Mr V's statements at face value (other than the MikeX thing, which is I admit a bit tough to swallow). I mean, why would I believe Mrs V more than Mr V?

Mrs V is not a child. She made (bad) choices in a situation created from her own (bad) choices. She also seems to have deep issues with shame and a very unhealthy fear of confrontation. Mrs V, I urge you to interact with your husband as an equal. You can't save your marriage without it.

L
L
Originally Posted by kerala
Interesting. I'm trying to think of a reason not to take Mr V's statements at face value (other than the MikeX thing, which is I admit a bit tough to swallow). I mean, why would I believe Mrs V more than Mr V?

Mrs V is not a child. She made (bad) choices in a situation created from her own (bad) choices. She also seems to have deep issues with shame and a very unhealthy fear of confrontation. Mrs V, I urge you to interact with your husband as an equal. You can't save your marriage without it.

I was thinking the same thing, but I did have a problem with his complaint that someone suggested divorce to her, yet they are divorced already. Another thing that hits me as off is his apparent attitude of the divorce he did get, that he exercised his right and the divorce wasn't given to him and yet he didn't force his wife to get divorced. A lot of the rest of it comes across as him allowing his children's nanny to live in his house with his children.

Mrs. V's husband, you said that the divorce was a separate issue from the relationship issue, but when it comes to something as intertwined as a man and woman living together, forging a life together, is it? What is a religious marriage? Is it defined by taking extraordinary care, one of another? Is it commitment to one another as well as the children? Would you be willing to counsel with Dr. Harley in order to improve your marriage? There is one thing that comes out clear here and that's that at least Mrs. V is in a very unhappy state and appears to not see a way to a better present and future. You may feel the same way, but we haven't heard much from you except on your wife's thread.

In the terms of service, it is made clear that the posters here are not licensed psychologists acting as such. Maybe the suggestion of the coaching services or online course is a good one for you two. You yourself stand to gain a lot and end up with something way more fulfilling to you than what you have now.

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Online course July '11 to July '12
17 sessions with S. Harley Feb '12 to Sep '12
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
M
M
Originally Posted by V_planifolia
Was able to listen to the radio show. Dr. Harley reiterated what was discussed here regarding the parameters of JC. He labeled my DH's actions as that of an abuser. I don't think DH is abusive. I think he is hurt. But I see Dr. Harley's point.

The good news is Dr. Harley and Joyce specified that IF DH was not interested in working on the marriage, then I should seek outside help. However - I think he is! Time will tell, but continued baby steps forward.

Vplanifolia, I would agree with Dr Harley that your husband is an abuser. He has used your affair to manipulate you for years. The problem is that you permit him to abuse and gaslight you. You are a huge part of the problem. Keep in mind that this is the view of objective outsiders who have no emotional investment in your situation. Your relationship with your husband is very sick and unhealthy.

I am surprised he is still lying about being MikeX. We all know that was your husband.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
For completion of both perspectives, and for some closure to this self-inflicted melodrama:

After DH and I talked honestly, I realized I was wrong on a number of accounts I worried about above. I can no longer let my guilt drive my actions regarding fear of speaking to DH about serious issues, not speaking up or lodging complaints, or making myself an inferior member of this relationship. None of those things have come from him - he has a strong need for open and honest conversation from me, he repeatedly encourages me to speak up and state if I disagree so we can both address something, and he has never once told me I am anything less than an equal partner in this marriage. All of those feelings were the product of my imagination.

I will not post on this thread for a while of my own accord. I need to spend time being O&H w/ my DH first, and not speculating and letting my negative thoughts get the best of me.

Sadly, it is not hard for me to believe that Mrs V is the SOLE problem here. I do not see Mr. V as an abuser. My ex pulled this sort of stuff with me and it was all in his head. Same shoe, different foot.

My two cents.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
P
P
*********skeptical

B
B
Originally Posted by Pepperband
********skeptical

That and the whole we are married, divorced, husband, exH, wife, exW... crazy

Keep it simple...there is no marriage.

Last edited by JustUss; 03/07/13 07:36 PM. Reason: edit quote

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
M
M
"Sadly, it is not hard for me to believe that Mrs V is the SOLE problem here. I do not see Mr. V as an abuser. My ex pulled this sort of stuff with me and it was all in his head. Same shoe, different foot. "

I just don't see any evidence that MrsV is the problem, other than the fact that she allows her H to gaslight her. Dr Harley had the exact same reaction as me and I think we have pretty good instincts. If there were evidence that she is the sole problem, we would see it. It we don't.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
I think I have pretty good insticts too, Mel. If Mrs V isn't the sole problem, then she is 98.2575% of it IMO. The whole Mike vs Mr V thing...well nothing surprises me these days. There are plenty of weird people that people call friends. Is Mr V lying? Could be. From Mrs V's words I think she can't let go of her "marriage" and is hanging on at all costs.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

L
L
Originally Posted by black_raven
For completion of both perspectives, and for some closure to this self-inflicted melodrama:

After DH and I talked honestly, I realized I was wrong on a number of accounts I worried about above. I can no longer let my guilt drive my actions regarding fear of speaking to DH about serious issues, not speaking up or lodging complaints, or making myself an inferior member of this relationship. None of those things have come from him - he has a strong need for open and honest conversation from me, he repeatedly encourages me to speak up and state if I disagree so we can both address something, and he has never once told me I am anything less than an equal partner in this marriage. All of those feelings were the product of my imagination.

I will not post on this thread for a while of my own accord. I need to spend time being O&H w/ my DH first, and not speculating and letting my negative thoughts get the best of me.

Sadly, it is not hard for me to believe that Mrs V is the SOLE problem here. I do not see Mr. V as an abuser. My ex pulled this sort of stuff with me and it was all in his head. Same shoe, different foot.

My two cents.

And what you highlighted is exactly the results of correctly applied tactics of gaslighting and emotional abuse.

She came on here to try to set the record straight by self-effacement, or to make up a term, self-erasement, in order to appease.

V_, it's up to you, right now, to make your decision as to whether you want to live this way the rest of your life, because this shows something you need to understand: this is the best you are going to get if you keep playing his games with him.

MelodyLane hit it just right quite a while ago: "Welcome to the rest of your life."

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
B
B
Originally Posted by LifetimeLearner
And what you highlighted is exactly the results of correctly applied tactics of gaslighting and emotional abuse.

She came on here to try to set the record straight by self-effacement, or to make up a term, self-erasement, in order to appease.

June 2011 - Mrs V wrote:

"Not really posting much of an update, as things are still the same re: "recovery." H just discussed w/ me the other day how he still sees us going our separate ways as the best option for both of us, eventually.

I admit I was hoping that he might be more on the fence about that kind of decision, though ultimately I'm not surprised at all that he still feels that way."

How is Mr V emotionally abusing and gaslighting Mrs V? He told her this ^^^ over a year and half ago. Should a BS lie about their feelings and/or give a FWW false hope of recovery? I don't get how Mr V has become the villian here.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

H
H
V got caught "being a bad girl."

Her MAY-UN straightened her out, then came here to straighten out us herrrrrrrrrrr trouble makers.

Mrs. V was to come along and see her MAY-UN show her how trouble makers are dealt with.

She was also expected to do her "good little wifey" bit; posture small, eyes low, voice quiet... no eye contact... say that she was wrong and her MAY-UN was right.

Yeah. I remember seeing "little wifey" when I worked in the grocery store...

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
I think I have pretty good insticts too, Mel. If Mrs V isn't the sole problem, then she is 98.2575% of it IMO. The whole Mike vs Mr V thing...well nothing surprises me these days. There are plenty of weird people that people call friends. Is Mr V lying? Could be. From Mrs V's words I think she can't let go of her "marriage" and is hanging on at all costs.

Well, I will put mine and Dr Harleys up against yours any day. Sorry, but I just will. Like I said, I don't see any evidence here that she is the "sole" problem. I do agree she is hanging onto a dead marriage but he is gaslighting her by continually giving her false hope.

And mrV is MikeX. That is obvious.

Exposure 101

L
L
Originally Posted by LifetimeLearner

June 2011 - Mrs V wrote:

"Not really posting much of an update, as things are still the same re: "recovery." H just discussed w/ me the other day how he still sees us going our separate ways as the best option for both of us, eventually.

I admit I was hoping that he might be more on the fence about that kind of decision, though ultimately I'm not surprised at all that he still feels that way."

How is Mr V emotionally abusing and gaslighting Mrs V? He told her this ^^^ over a year and half ago. Should a BS lie about their feelings and/or give a FWW false hope of recovery? I don't get how Mr V has become the villian here.

Partly it's because if he's really done with her, he wouldn't be "keeping" her. He would have made his statements clear rather than going along with religiously married, but legally divorced. I would think if he wanted to go different ways, he would have reiterated that. It appears that he holds all the aces already.

Doesn't matter, though, the fact remains that this is the best V_ is going to get. The question for her to answer for herself is "can I, will I continue this way?" I think she answered "yes."

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
B
B
HHH, your description of Mrs V does not jive with this:

"That's not all. It got out of control so quickly, and I had so many issues that compounded it. I actively pursued this OM, I had control problems, I didn't want to admit it was casual sex for this guy (or that it could even be just that for me). I emotionally disconnected from my husband and son, knew what I was doing was hurtful and jeopardizing everything we had but couldn't "feel" emotionally any real impact. I didn't want affection from my husband, I felt like being independent (not even like being w/ this OM, just independent), I couldn't understand who I had become."

Next we will hear how OM was a predator who took advantage of the little wifey with the mean old BH. MrRollieEyes

Mrs V, if you are lurking, I want you to know that I don't mean to pick on you. A lot of your thread is missing due to the 2009 forum implosion...anyway...I wish you well and hope to see you return to the Forum.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

S
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband
*******skeptical

x3

Last edited by JustUss; 03/07/13 07:37 PM. Reason: edit quote

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation