Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2708015 02/22/13 07:35 PM
J
OP Offline
J
My wife informed me 11 days ago that she was thinking about leaving me. In that conversation, she informed me that due to our finances, we would have to stay together until finances were better. In other words, nothing was changing except how she felt about me.
Since then, we have made some progress, but she still hasn't determined if she will be able to get back the feeling of being in love with me.
I am happy with the progress and hopeful for the future because I believe in the love we have. I have convinced myself that she still loves me, but has put up a wall to keep me out because the pain of the last couple of months is too great for her.
My one question is when does the pain end? I have physically ached for 11 straight days and just want the pain to ease so that I can resume a somewhat normal life.

E
E
WHat pain are you referring to that she is dealing with?

I hate to tell you this but if you got the "I love you but I'm not in love with you" speech. Then it is very likely that she is involved with someone else. Is there someone of the opposite sex that she is close to/too friendly with? Does she keep her cell phone close by and delete things? Does she disappear for a few hours?

M
M
jj, welcome to Marriage Builders.
Can you give us a little more information? How long have you been married? Any kids? Does your wife work?

What are you referring to when you talk about the 'pain' over the past few months?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

J
OP Offline
J
Sorry for the lack of info.

Married - 15.5 yrs
Dated - 17 yrs
Kids - 4 (all 7 years apart and the youngest is 7)
Grandkids - 2
Jobs - both of us work

The pain I am talking about is the hurt in my heart. I haven't been able to stop crying for 11 days. We have good days, she gives me hope, then we have the days like today where she doesn't want me to talk to her.
Like I said, I have faith we will work this out because the love that we share is special. Everyone we have ever met tells us how special we are together. We will make it, but I just want the pain to stop. I can't talk to her, because she is not ready to deal with my pain. She has her own to deal with.

I keep praying I don't have to wait for her to fall in love with me again before the pain ends, because that may be awhile.

R
Rbk Offline
R
I don't know what your pain is related too but I can tell u I know what the PAIN feels like, I'm so tired of it , I refuse to live the rest of my life lime this . I've been married 8yrs. Never ever thought I'd be going thru this too

B
B
Originally Posted by jjbbaj14
Sorry for the lack of info.

Married - 15.5 yrs
Dated - 17 yrs
Kids - 4 (all 7 years apart and the youngest is 7)
Grandkids - 2
Jobs - both of us work

The pain I am talking about is the hurt in my heart. I haven't been able to stop crying for 11 days. We have good days, she gives me hope, then we have the days like today where she doesn't want me to talk to her.
Like I said, I have faith we will work this out because the love that we share is special. Everyone we have ever met tells us how special we are together. We will make it, but I just want the pain to stop. I can't talk to her, because she is not ready to deal with my pain. She has her own to deal with.

I keep praying I don't have to wait for her to fall in love with me again before the pain ends, because that may be awhile.
What does she do during her days? Is she on her phone alot? Does she go out alone without you?

Does she have any male friends?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
I got the same speech and found out two months later he was cheating.

Married 1/2000.
D-Day 3/7/11. WH moved in with OW and they married in 2013.
Single mom of 4.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 501 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation