Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
My husband and I have been married for 8 months now. Recently, his family heard a rumor that I cheated, and he and I both know that this is absolutely untrue. He does not have any doubts about me at all; they are the entire problem.

This has caused chaos in his family. They've threatened to disown him (he is supposed to inherit his father's company, which is his dream), and recently, when his grandmother suffered a stroke, his family refused to contact him.

Because his family is very close, he has taken all this to heart, and on Thursday, he left me. He told me that he didn't think that we should contact one another anymore. He hasn't spoken to me at all since, but I know that he is with them, and they are calling me and telling me to stop trying to contact him because it's just making him mad.

I believe they are controlling his every action right now, and I don't know what to do to get him back. I'm frustrated, helpless, and confused. Please help.

Last edited by jlyhu; 02/24/13 07:39 PM.
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,357
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,357
Welcome, jlyhu.
Quote
This has caused chaos in his family.
What has caused chaos? The fact that your husband is sure that you are faithful to him? They believe a rumor over your husband's reassurances to them?

Your husband has chosen his family and the family business over you. I'm sorry. No man who loves his wife and believes in her faithfulness suddenly shuts her down cold, leaves her and runs home to his family without reason.

Quote
I believe they are controlling his every action right now, and I don't know what to do to get him back.
I'm sorry - I know how upsetting this must be for you, but there really isn't anything you can do. This is up to your husband, and it appears that he has made his decision.

And if he should have a change of heart and want to return to your marriage, I would be very hesitant about allowing his return. His loyalties appear evident.

How old are the two of you?


D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
We are 24 and 25, which I know is young, but I still think it's old enough for him to make his own choices without mommy and daddy standing over his shoulder.

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,357
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,357
I totally agree, which is my point. He made his decision.

You are young and have plenty of time to find a mature mate who understands the importance of prioritizing his marriage over his family. I wish you luck.


D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11,239
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11,239
I encourage you to read the book Buyers Renters and Freeloaders by Dr Willard Harley


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0