Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 37 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 36 37
D
D
I agree. Do not respond in writing. Follow TR's advice.

J
J
I would not respond.
This is the time when people show their true colors.
If she was to enable her daughters self destructive behavior then do be it.
My in laws were/are enablers too

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
I would not respond.
This is the time when people show their true colors.
If she was to enable her daughters self destructive behavior then do be it.
My in laws were/are enablers too

I think this is the best plan. IL's have NEVER responded to any of my emails. Why should I respond to theirs now? I don't think the the sheriff's office is going to be of any help to them. Any thoughts of what could come if she did contact them?
This just confirms operation "mut move" IS causing discomfort for WW living at IL's as intended. While I reap the benefits of having a peaceful home environment. dance2

�He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious.�

Last edited by Floridaguy; 03/07/13 08:40 AM.

ME: BS, 37
WW: 37
DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Nuclear Expose:2/18/13
Currently in Plan A
J
J
I have an idea of what will happen.
First the dispatcher will ask if this is an emergency.
Then when they hear the word "dog" or "animal" they will want to transfer her to animal control.
After being on the phone for 30 minutes explaining that her son in law dropped off her daughters dog, she will probably be told its a civil matter and they can't be involved.

Edit: if the dog is licensed by the county and the license is in your name then you would be responsible for the dog.

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 03/07/13 08:39 AM. Reason: License
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Edit: if the dog is licensed by the county and the license is in your name then you would be responsible for the dog.

Jedi. We think alike... DOG HAS NO LICENSE!! clap

Last edited by Floridaguy; 03/07/13 08:51 AM.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
V
V
Then, when animal control gets involved and the dog is unlicensed and has no rabies vaccine your inlaws may get fined.

Nice move MIL calling the sheriff on the unlicensed dog.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
G
G
I feel sorry for the dog. Can you suggest that MIL contact a no kill or breed specific rescue for the dog? MIL and WW need to find their inner humanity and re home this dog and stop treating it like its a BH. Like you, it has done nothing wrong except offer up love. GF

Marriages don't fail, people do. (And I don't recall who said it)
B
B
Perfect! haha.. WW has MIL fighting her battles.. she's back to her teenage days. lol. I agree don't respond.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
F
OP Offline
F
Per WW yesterday. Today is MIL's first day back to work. She was given permission to work remotely from home. MIL's job requires her to be on the phone almost all day.

I can just picture her trying to talk to clients all while WW's dog is barking excessively at every moving car or person walking by.

IL's new home is on a golf course with the tee box just a few feet from their back porch. That dog is probably going wild as each golf cart comes closer and closer to the house. Gotta be a nightmare for the IL's but I realize they are not allies in this fight.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
P
P
Originally Posted by Floridaguy
I don't think the the sheriff's office is going to be of any help to them. Any thoughts of what could come if she did contact them?

You can call animal control and find out yourself. Then you will KNOW what they might do. You could also get suggestions from them on some great no kill shelters for dogs.

This just confirms operation "mut move" IS causing discomfort for WW living at IL's as intended. While I reap the benefits of having a peaceful home environment.

Well there is certainly a lot of drama and painting of YOU as the bad guy. You could take the higher road and give your WW the list of great loving shelters that SHE could take her dog to if she is unable to care for it.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

M
M
Perhaps a sympathetic sheriff will agree to "talk to you" to make it clear to you that you don't or no longer have permission to enter their property.

It's not an interrogation. Don't give him/her any extra information. I would just look at him confused like and wonder if he was talking about the dog or you..."Wait...is the dog is trouble here or ME? Am I not allowed over there or her dog [incredulously]? Then play off like women are nuts "first she wants her dog...now she doesn't". This is craziness (implying your wife requested the dog and now she's acting like she doesn't want it because the IL's don't like it). Make it appear wife is pulling a fast one on Sheriff and her parents. "I brought my wife her dog as promised and she wasn't there so I left it for her on the porch. What was I supposed to do [frustrated husband look]????

Never indicate you snuck the dog over and secretly opened the door and allowed it in when no one was looking.
Sheriff will return to his/her car frustrated that she/he ever got involved. If MIL talks to him/her again...(s)he'll just tell her mission accomplished...message delivered. The cop isn't going to get into the he said/she said over a dog.

W

F
OP Offline
F
Awesome MR. W as always. Thanks!

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
N
N
Well, well, well.....
Colleagues, it appears our friend FG is getting the hang of battling waywards and their enablers. [Linked Image from planetsmilies.com]

FG: You got it - do not respond in any way. If through some miracle, the sheriff shows up, your answer is "What dog?"

You do not DENY dropping off Fido, you just avoid answering the question.

(BTW: Make sure there is NO evidence that pup was ever at your abode!)

P
P

Floridaguy are you in Plan A or Plan FU?

Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by pokerface
Floridaguy are you in Plan A or Plan FU?

I am sure there is more to your question but I am in Plan A.

I actually had a nice conversation last night with WW about son's birthday party, what was going on with her work, etc. She called me when she got to IL's and we chatted for a few minutes. Very different then her usually just texting me. We discussed my plans for the weekend and I just texted her inviting her to join in those plans. I even snuck in the bowling idea and she talked about how she always wanted me to try bowling and that she would like to go with boys and I.

So yes, I am in Plan A.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
P
P

This dog is a distraction.

Originally Posted by The stick of Plan A
Establishing boundaries that disallow the affair to effect children of the marriage, financal security of the marriage, and otherwise ruin innocent bystanders.

How is this going? Do you have an attorney that is fighting in your best interests or one that is just trying to push through an amicable divorce?

Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

M
M
I received this email from MIL this AM. Have not responded.

I just wanted to let you know that if you or your Father don't come pick up [dog] by noon today, I am calling the sheriff's office. �I want to ask them if it is legal in Florida for someone to come onto my husband's and my property after dark and leave an animal on my porch without my knowledge or permission. �

I get it that this is something that you imagined you were doing to [WW] but this is not [WW's] property. �It is my husband's and mine. �

Actually...pitting your wife against her parents might be interesting.

Don't do this unless others think it's a good idea (I'm a crazy one coming up with all sorts of passive aggressive responses when "no response" is usually the most prudent)...

"MIL,

I had the dog delivered to WW as a I promised I would. If you have a problem with that you need to speak to her about it. [again implying SHE, a known liar, requested the dog and is now trying to make you the bad guy here].

The sheriff is not going to charge a dog with trespassing but next time I have a dog delivered to your property I'll just have them stake him on a chain on the front lawn and hope the alligators don't get him.

Then again, you MAY have an animal control problem with an unlicensed dog. They can be reached at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

*btw...they don't know who, between your father, a stranger or you actually delivered the dog and opened their screen door. It'll be tough to ticket anyone without a specific identification of the "intruder".

Another possible response...

Write to your FIL...

I got this message from MIL this morning.

[quote MIL message]

You know about this???? Wow...this is what it's coming to? I give her her dog as promised what was I supposed to do...have them stake him on a chain in the yard and hope the Alligators didn't get him.

Listen. On XX/XX/XXXX [wedding date] you and MIL gave your daughter to me freely and of your own will. There are no take backs. (lol). I could understand you helping her out if we were actually divorced but as it stands right now she is still my wife and I feel that you and MIL taking her in, giving her money and babysitting the kids during her visitation is enabling this situation to progress to the point where it's enabling and now I'm getting threatening letters from your wife. I understand very much that you are confused about what the right thing to do in this situation is. I'm sure you want to help your daughter as best you can but I submit that the best way to help her MAY BE to tell her to stop her affair with OM and demand she go home and work on things with her husband. That you and your wife aren't going to condone her carousing about town partying and chatting it up with OM. Consider that your grandchildren are looking to you for help saving their family. You two are making it far to easy for her to abandon us. I'm a good man and I've been a decent husband and son-in-law. Nobody's perfect but I don't deserve this and neither do your grandchildren. At this point, our marriage appears repairable but with your help/interference that may not be the case much longer. Please respect my wishes and send my wife home.

Respectfully, FloridaGuy

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
N
N
What's your point, PF?

Are you suggesting that FG's ILs are innocent bystanders? Are you implying that either the children or the family finances have been negatively affected by his actions?

Seriously, I'm confused!

F
OP Offline
F
This dog is a distraction.

Originally Posted by The stick of Plan A
Establishing boundaries that disallow the affair to effect children of the marriage, financal security of the marriage, and otherwise ruin innocent bystanders.

How is this going? Do you have an attorney that is fighting in your best interests or one that is just trying to push through an amicable divorce?

I have paperwork ready but have not filled yet. My lawyer is not giving me any advice on the issue other than to file for full custody when i am ready to file.

Her affair and choice to not move home is causing harm and effecting the innocent bystanders. Not sure they are innocent since they are enabling WW.

She can choose to move home, bring the dog, and work on our marriage at anytime.

DS 7 DS 5
Married 11 Years
DDay 2/4/13 EA
ILYBINILWY; 2/6/13
Currently in Plan A
P
P
I am sure there is more to your question but I am in Plan A.

Ok. So what do you think of this strategy?

Well there is certainly a lot of drama and painting of YOU as the bad guy. You could take the higher road and give your WW the list of great loving shelters that SHE could take her dog to if she is unable to care for it.

It still applies the stick because it gives her the responsibility but you are now the loving DH trying to help her out. Of course you cannot take the dog to a shelter yourself because it is hers and ultimately her decision to make.

Think it through .

Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

Page 18 of 37 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation