Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
O
Originally Posted by beenhurtagain
Its so wrong whats shes doing but she wont listen to me is what i get from her family. Call me a fool but heres my short/long term plan. She will hand the house over to me at this point because shes so fogged for virtually nothing. Shes starting the D process friday, im gonna try and nail her on agreeing on the kids and property the way we talked. Then go full plan B after i get her to sign. i need to have my financial security as intact as i can if the SdoesHTF. She says no child support, no alimony just let her have her car and the kids half the time. Then im going full plan B. I dont want to drag it out and let people, or the OM gt in her head. Ive built a really nice house here on my parents money at times. Cant let her get me for it.

On a side note im hearing rumors the OM is abusive and the cops were at his house nonstop when he was with his ex wife. Got a call in to a couple cop buddies to get to the bottom of it.

(From a few days ago)
I would be careful about getting involved in a long term plan that is based on her current level of stupidity. That could be overturned in the years to come by a good lawyer, then you are stuck.
There is no easy way to do divorce. It is painful from the start and only gets so much better.

Have you read SAA? Have you listened to the radio show? Have you considered calling the show?
'
Plan B should afford you some more time to focus on those things -- your mind won't be as cluttered up with the goings on of your crazy wayward.

opt

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
B
OP Offline
B
How do i go about getting them merged? I'm fine with that if a mod wants to. My lawyer told me property division is final and cant be reversed. The kids things can change. I still dont really want a divorce but looking back on it our 13 years have been filled with nothing but lies from her. She lies to everyone about everything and im not sure she can change that. Honesty is a huge EN for me, probably because of the deceit but she may never meet that. I havent read SAA yet but have listened to the show. After exposing the texts to her BF they are attempting to bring me down emotionally on FB with the i love you so much more than i could ever love anyone posts. I just blocked them and told my friends to not mention her foolish actions to me anymore. Sad how they make themselves seem so immature but in their eyes they're the center of attention.

Tbh honest im not sure yet how to deal with an emergency situation. Thursday i already have an issue because our youngest daughter has downs, her kindergarten registration is at 1. I will not miss it and i know she'll be there.

Last edited by beenhurtagain; 04/09/13 04:48 PM.

Me: 33 yo BH
Dday: 2/14/13 WW moved out 3/14/13
married 13 years
son 13, daughter 9, daughter 6
started plan B april 8th
B
B
Just hit Notify and ask the MODS to merge your threads.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B
No real reason to move it now. People have started talking, this nonsense goes back atleast 8 years. She ran a movie theatre, was bringing guys in all the time taking the upstairs for hours on end. Wasnt working her required hours and paying employees cash to cover for her while she went out and slept around. Makes sense, could never figure out why we were always short on money. I dont want her back period. She'll never change and i realize i think im alot happier and better off without her.

married 13 years
started plan B april 8th
O
O
No real reason to move it now. People have started talking, this nonsense goes back atleast 8 years. She ran a movie theatre, was bringing guys in all the time taking the upstairs for hours on end. Wasnt working her required hours and paying employees cash to cover for her while she went out and slept around. Makes sense, could never figure out why we were always short on money. I dont want her back period. She'll never change and i realize i think im alot happier and better off without her.
At some point along the way I was explaining to someone much older than me what I had been going through. I was probably in the phase of waiting for the divorce to be final, if memory serves. When I got to the part about how she had boyfriends he said to me "Oh, so she made it easy for you."

Maybe not the most MB of philosophies, but it hit home at the time. At some point the boundaries have to be strong enough and high enough for them to do what they are supposed to do: give us an opportunity to self-preserve.

I know this was tough news to hear, bha, but it's like the original d-day thing: at least you can operate in the light of reality.

I hope MB has helped you navigate this ugliness. I know for me, I don't know where I would be if I had not subscribed the MB mentality -- in areas of life and love and raising kids and eliminating LB's; it gave me a sense that things I previously thought were uncontrollable could actually be controlled. By understanding myself and taking responsibility (which isn't always easy), I have wayyyyyy less drama in my life. It's a good way to live.

Plan B will help you maintain your path to the truth and focus on what's important.

opt

Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Another EA Story
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by optimism
At some point along the way I was explaining to someone much older than me what I had been going through. I was probably in the phase of waiting for the divorce to be final, if memory serves. When I got to the part about how she had boyfriends he said to me "Oh, so she made it easy for you."

Maybe not the most MB of philosophies, but it hit home at the time. At some point the boundaries have to be strong enough and high enough for them to do what they are supposed to do: give us an opportunity to self-preserve.

I know this was tough news to hear, bha, but it's like the original d-day thing: at least you can operate in the light of reality.

I hope MB has helped you navigate this ugliness. I know for me, I don't know where I would be if I had not subscribed the MB mentality -- in areas of life and love and raising kids and eliminating LB's; it gave me a sense that things I previously thought were uncontrollable could actually be controlled. By understanding myself and taking responsibility (which isn't always easy), I have wayyyyyy less drama in my life. It's a good way to live.

Plan B will help you maintain your path to the truth and focus on what's important.

opt

yes this place has helped. I might not have followed the plans to a T, and probably screwed up alot along the way. But i now realize she wanted the security of a marriage. Not the love and relationship. She knew i was responsible to take care of the kids, keep the house up and keep getting us out of the financial hole. Its still sad, very sad because i do love her, i always will. But there is no way this can ever be repaired. I've learned alot about emotional needs and problems i did have. She's had a cheater phone for the better part of 6 years. I can look back and see it now. Our marriage went in 2 month spurts. 2 bad months where i could do nothing right, 2 where i was the perfect husband. The in and outs of her affairs.

Its sad really, she'll never find true happiness. Will always be chasing that high. I came here way back when i had suspicions, printed out the questionnaires tried to get her to fill them out. Never would do it. But if a person doesnt see a fault theres no desire to change. All i hope now is i can get custody of the girls and keep the house. They dont need to be raised with men in and out of their lives. And its funny i always wondered but could never catch anything. Then i'd tell myself nah she wouldnt do that. Now that im on the other side of it all i can look back and pick it all out and say yep shoulda seen that.

Last edited by beenhurtagain; 04/11/13 02:05 PM.

married 13 years
started plan B april 8th
O
O
You may still find the book Surviving an Affair helpful. Also the radio show -- it's good to have a full perspective and understnading of how adultery works and how insidious it is.

Even though you are recognizing things you could have done differently, you could have done everythign right and she still might have cheated (probably would from the sounds of it). SAA will show you what's involved and how to avoid the scenario in future relationships.

And the material applies to many aspects of life, so I hope yo will continue to be a student of MB. As much as it's helped so far, it can continue to do so the more you learn - that's me speaking from experience!

opt

Another EA Story
W
W
Then i'd tell myself nah she wouldnt do that. Now that im on the other side of it all i can look back and pick it all out and say yep shoulda seen that.

Amen brother

Me - BH 49 years old
Her - WW 43 years old
Married 20 years
D Day Jan 7, 2013
3 kids - DS19, DS17, DS12
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation