Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
S
She has all the symptoms...but you can't run any tests to verify it's the Adultry (EA or PA) sickness. But until you get some proof, you can't really start the medicine.

So go to the Operation Invesitgate forum and see if there is ANYTHING suggested there to help you, Thumpered. Don't give up hope, you've got time as long as you work on it.

And if your FIL is now obviously on the other side, take that as a positive. A couple of days ago, you thought he was all for you. Now you know that's not correct and you can take precautions. Before that, you might have told him something in confidence that he would have passed on. Go dark to him and (possibly)WW, don't let them know you continue to investigate, but DO IT!

Keep looking! Something is happening you don't know about, but there has to be a way to find out. Remember, Knowledge is POWER!

Last edited by sstnt2; 04/15/13 03:05 PM.
M
M
Probably time to figure out a way to not be dependent on FIL, whichever way this goes.

T
OP Offline
T
every one of the spy programs for an iphone needs for it to be jailbreaked? Since the phone is on her work acct, since they update their phones every week for the work software, at a computer I have NO access too, and with the apple iO recent changes it makes updates VERY difficult to put it mildly. Wow im just more overwhelmed than before, maybe someone can give me some advice on what I said above. I've been reading for a day and a half on all this tech, and seems like im seriously breaking the law too since im not on the acct., which im willing to do if I just had a way of doing it on a phone I don't have to jailbreak when I know it gets patched so often. BIG Give away to her somethings up.

J
J
Have you put a GPS and voice recorder in her car?

T
OP Offline
T
we live 100ft from work, she doesn't use a car, although she does have one.

F
F
When did you say she was going out of town for the weekend? Is there any way you can follow her there and snoop? I know that method is not recommended but is seems like in your situation, you don't have a lot of options.

What about your children? I believe you said your daughter was older. Can she help you? Vets, help me (and Thumpered) out, does this go against MB policy?

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
I don't want to just survive my affair, I want to recover from it!
T
OP Offline
T
She's going this weekend with her very gay friend who's been trying to get married to his boyfriend, they're having some kind of legalize gay marriage rally that she going to, to show her support.
Since I moved back into the house, its been different, a bit cold at times, but we are talking.
She said to me last night, "I wasn't happy the way you moved back in, kinda behind my back, but I understand it. i'll just have to work on us faster than I thought we had agreed on. I want you to stay, but be patient with me as im still dealing with my parents, uncle and grandparent issues. I want you to know im a married woman, married to you. We'll get this fixed."

I know Im still gonna get people telling me she's cheating on me, which I understand. But there, at this point, is NO WAY I can get the phone or records. I even went to 5 different private investigators offices with a wad of cash if they could get me the phone records (illegally even). all said no, but im still trying. My daughter is older, about to leave for college. She's not home much these days, but even tried to go up and get the phone records at work with no luck.

P
P
Originally Posted by Thumpered
She's going this weekend with her very gay friend who's been trying to get married to his boyfriend, they're having some kind of legalize gay marriage rally that she going to, to show her support.

This is a love-buster. Be aware that this is a withdrawal from YOUR love bank.

Independent Behavior

Once you are married, almost everything you decide to do has either a positive or a negative impact on each other -- you are either depositing or withdrawing love units with every decision you make. So if your decisions are not made with each other's interests in mind, you will risk destroying the love you have for each other.

I define Independent Behavior as the conduct of one spouse that ignores the feelings and interest of the other spouse. It's usually scheduled and requires some thought to execute, so the simplest way to overcome this Love Buster is to take it off your schedule. If your Thursday night bowling, or visit to a friend of the opposite sex, or spending five hours chatting on the internet while your spouse sits alone watching TV, schedule something else Thursday night, visit someone else, and spend time doing something with your spouse. And whatever it is you decide to do that replaces independent behavior, be sure that both you and your spouse enthusiastically agree to it.

My ninth Basic Concept, the Policy of Joint Agreement, (never do anything without an enthusiastic agreement between you and your spouse), helps eliminate independent behavior -- any event or activity that is not mutually agreed to cannot take place. It forces you to take your spouse's interests and feelings into account when you forget that your spouse is an extremely important part of yourself, and should be considered in every decision you make.

Independent behavior is a problem in most marriages because we are all tempted to do whatever makes us happy, even when it makes our spouse unhappy (the Taker's rule). We don't feel the pain our spouse feels when we are inconsiderate -- all we feel is the pleasure gained from activities that are only in our best interest. That's why the Policy of Joint Agreement is so important in marriage. It forces us to behave as if we feel each other's pain -- it makes us behave as if we were empathetic.

A wise alternative to Independent Behavior is Interdependent Behavior, which limits your your events or activities to those that benefit both of you simultaneously. You are both happy and neither of your suffers when you behavior interdependently, making decisions with each other's interests and feelings in mind. When you get to my tenth Basic Concept, Four Guidelines for Successful Negotiation, I'll show you how to replace Independent Behavior with Interdependent Behavior.

If your marriage is ever going to become one where you are falling IN LOVE with your wife, the issue or INDEPENDENT BEHAVIOR will have to be addressed. Do you understand that this is a huge issue?

G
G
Thumpered,

Did your W/WW ever say to you "I love you, but I'm not in love with you?

God Bless
Gamma

T
OP Offline
T
pepperband, yes I understand completely, but I don't know about how to get her to want to do interdependent things together right now.

and yes Gamma, I've heard that exact phrase recently. Does that mean its over already? or do I keep at it? Im really lost at what to do.

G
G
Thumpered,

It means.....SHE IS HAVING AN AFFAIR.....with 99% certainty.

It also means she is addicted to her affair partner...with 98% certainty, who is the most awesome human who ever existed... in WWs eyes with 100% certainty.

No matter how special the affair seems to the affairees, from the outside they are so predictable and this phrase is on the script.

It's not over until you have exhausted all means of ending her affair.

God Bless
Gamma

Last edited by Gamma; 04/19/13 02:21 PM.
T
OP Offline
T
I've tried just about everything I can think of at this point, she doesn't drive to put a GPS on her car, her phone is a work phone that I have no access to or information from (even tried to bribe a PI to get info). She hasn't gone out in over 3 weeks except to go tanning (with my daughter). Its almost like the EA she is having is the ideas of what her new independent therapist is telling her to do for herself, "go out and have some fun for yourself", "take care of just you for now", we'll address the marriage "later". I'm lost and confused on what I CAN do right now, as I feel like im running out of options/ideas.

Last edited by Thumpered; 04/19/13 02:52 PM.
M
M
". Its almost like the EA she is having is the ideas of what her new independent therapist is telling her to do for herself, "go out and have some fun for yourself", "take care of just you for now"

And maybe she is texting the tooth fairy until 3:00am? Women don't sit up all night locked in the bathroom texting "go out and have some fun for yourself." And they don't ask their husbands to move out for that reason.

I think first you have to bring yourself out of denial. She is having an affair right there in front of you. The affair is with whomever she is texting every day. Very possibly her "gay" friend. I would follow or have her followed on her upcoming trip.

Somehow you have to figure this out.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
G
Thumpered,

her new independent therapist

I should hope this is not the case, but sometimes therapists trash their personal morals and professional ethics by having affairs with patients.

God Bless
Gamma

T
OP Offline
T
its a woman, one I had picked out too (

G
G
Thumpered,

Don't confront, if it is the therapist WW will fight you tooth and nail and go deep underground, because WW knows the therapist can lose their license, you have to gather this evidence with greatest stealth.

It is possibly a one sided emotional affair in which you WW has an obsession with the therapist.

God Bless
Gamma

T
OP Offline
T
ok, im back in the house now, pretty sure EA or PA is going on. Have spent the last 3 weeks trying to calm the situation down, back off. Still cant prove anything, but at least she's starting to ease off on her iphone clutch while she sleeps. This maybe my only chance to finally get some proof, altho, I had accused her of an EA before finding this website.

Posted for some advice now in the techy section on how to get some info off the iphone, know this will take some time to get done as I have very little access to phone, sleep time only.
But need to get the proof to take it to next level correct?

Have temp situation set up so every other night one of us takes couch, other gets bed. My cpu is in bedroom, so while she on couch I can hopefully get phone and bring it into room and have time to work on phone with some privacy.

U
U
Thumpered,
I was wondering with this time consuming job and her needy family, if that may be a cover for time away with OM. Are the calls all business? Is OM a tennant?
Keep in mind most women short of abuse will not let go of a husband until there is something else waiting.
Dan

T
OP Offline
T
Im working like crazy to find out, I've had to back off a bit and let thing cool down, so I could keep looking. Now is the time, bought program to use on phone, but program not doing what I was told it could do. frustrated.

J
J
Originally Posted by Thumpered
Since I moved back into the house, its been different, a bit cold at times, but we are talking.
She said to me last night, "I wasn't happy the way you moved back in, kinda behind my back, but I understand it. i'll just have to work on us faster than I thought we had agreed on. I want you to stay, but be patient with me as im still dealing with my parents, uncle and grandparent issues. I want you to know im a married woman, married to you. We'll get this fixed."

I know Im still gonna get people telling me she's cheating on me, which I understand. But there, at this point, is NO WAY I can get the phone or records. I even went to 5 different private investigators offices with a wad of cash if they could get me the phone records (illegally even). all said no, but im still trying. My daughter is older, about to leave for college. She's not home much these days, but even tried to go up and get the phone records at work with no luck.

Did she go over the weekend?
What's going on?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 704 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation