Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 59 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 58 59

Just let the company know what is going on and leave it at that.

No reason to go all Rambo.

O
OP Offline
O
Well, I did mail them letters a few weeks ago, and got no response. I found the owner on Linkedin, so I just sent him a message letting him know that I have not yet heard back from him since I sent the letters, and that I received a disturbing e-mail from his company yesterday, and to please contact me, that it is urgent that I meet and speak with him.

Me: BH, 28
WW, 26
Married September 2005
D-Day: April 7, 2013
A started in February, 2013, and is ongoing
N
N
Can somebody (probably a female engineer from Utah) find Brit's letter?

O
OP Offline
O
By the way, I think my wife is about to file the paperwork for divorce - she said as much yesterday. Should I make a pre-emptive strike and tell her if she serves me that I will counter-sue on grounds of adultery? Or should I wait until she serves me?

WW, 26
Married September 2005
G
G
OJ,

You wrote, It looks like they are not incorporated.

In that case the president may be PERSONALLY liable for inappropriate behavior on the part of subordinates, and you may need to remind him.

You said you couldn't figure out who his customers were, what type of business is it, in general terms?

God Bless
Gamma

O
OP Offline
O
They are a retailer. Mostly online sales.

Last edited by OddJob123; 05/14/13 11:07 AM.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
N
N
I would file first, not threaten to counter-sue. That way, you get the high-ground in your public impression of what's going on, control the calendar to some extent, and have POSOM served at the same time as WW.

With this out there, you'll also get the firm to understand....THEY'RE NEXT!

On a general principle, OJ, kindly strike from your vocabulary "threaten". You might "hint" (as in the company issue above) but threatening invokes nothing so much as the little boy holding his breath until he turns blue.

Do, if you want.
Refrain, if you choose.
Never threaten.

O
OP Offline
O
I don't have the money to file two lawsuits right now. It's just not feasible. I need to work around my financial issues.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
G
G
OJ,

They may have a feedback section on their website, possibly they sell through Amazon, Ebay, etc. Also the company may have a facebook account. Third party review sites like epinions, yelp, etc

God Bless
Gamma

O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by Gamma
OJ,

They may have a feedback section on their website, possibly they sell through Amazon, Ebay, etc. Also the company may have a facebook account. Third party review sites like epinions, yelp, etc

God Bless
Gamma

It is a good idea to spam these review sites etc? I assume only if the owner/ceo refuses to talk or work with me?

WW, 26
Married September 2005
N
N
Have you initiated the process to rent out the "closed" house?

O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Have you initiated the process to rent out the "closed" house?

That situation is sticky... My cousin is paying me under the table since officially I can't rent out my old house for about another 7 months (they are paying about 1/2 of what the house is worth for rent - we made this deal before I had a WS). They ultimately want to live alone - which I understand, so I am kind of living at both houses right now. I stop by the old house after work to keep up appearances, and then I head back to the new house where I sleep / shower etc.

House prices are going up in Utah right now. So my plan was to wait until I could break even on my old house, and then sell it. I think I can survive until then. But ya.. Paying for lawsuits during this is another question. I can go into debt for one lawsuit, but I am not sure about a second. That would be scary.

I know my wife is broke, and I know OM is broke. Their incomes both suck. They are not going to be able to afford lawyers. The lawyer I am talking to I feel really good about. I am going to talk to him about possibly filing the alienation of affection lawsuit against OM, but then just letting it sit there, in hopes that it will scare him into leaving my wife alone. If in the end I have to go 6k in debt to do this, so be it I guess. I make a good salary, so I should be able to pay off the debt in less than a year so long as I get my housing situation figured out relatively quickly.

Last edited by OddJob123; 05/14/13 11:54 AM.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
N
N
Dude, either cousin and girlfriend pay you full market value, or they have to put up sharing the house with you.

Rent the other house if they choose option #2.

This can't be this tough. You can, by the way, sell the house with renters in it. You'd have to satisfy the lease (if any) or give them like 30 days notice.

O
OP Offline
O
I am going to wait a bit to do anything drastic to see how things pan out in the next month or so. Reason being, is that I have SO much stress on my plate right now, and having to deal with moving ALL my stuff out of the new house, and finding renters, and dealing with all that crap I think would just overload me right now. I'd honestly prefer to just go into some temporary debt. I've always been very financially responsible, and have never had any credit card debt. I know when this all settles down, I will be just fine.

If house prices don't go up enough for me to break even by selling my old house, I will give my cousin some notice, and then try to get full-price rent from someone else. Even though technically I am not supposed to be renting out that house for another 7 months, everyone I've talked to thinks that I can get away with it, that my lender won't really care or find out about it so long as the mortgage payments keep coming in.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
N
N
...I have SO much stress on my plate right now, and having to deal with moving ALL my stuff out of the new house, and finding renters, and dealing with all that crap I think would just overload me right now.

Now THAT is a good answer, dude!

And if you believe that WW and POSOM are so short of funds, then the divorce filing issue is moot.

O
OP Offline
O
I know they are short on funds. WS basically admitted to me yesterday she was in debt already, and I know that OM's BW is trying to sue him for everything he's got right now with the divorce. And again, I know neither of them make much money. I verified my WS makes $12/hour right now. I doubt OM makes more than $15/hour.

Excuse my ignorance, but how does them being out of money make the divorce filing issue moot?

WW, 26
Married September 2005
N
N
With what will they be paying their lawyer?

O
OP Offline
O
Ya, but I still have to pay mine, heh.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
N
N
But for them to initiate the process, they'll have to fork over some serious cash - which they appear not to possess.

M
M
Originally Posted by OddJob123
and I know that OM's BW is trying to sue him for everything he's got right now with the divorce.
Nice. I like this lady! hurray I hope she takes him to the cleaners. Question: how do you know this?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 42 of 59 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation