Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 68 69
B
B
Originally Posted by BlindsidedNM
Just spoke with Joyce Harley - I agreed to be on next week. I am kinda nervous, despite the fact that I actually have a broadcasting degree =o\

You don't have anything to worry about? They make you feel so comfortable and they're easy to talk to. Let us know when you're on.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B
Just checked her phone records again. Seems she has been talking to her lawyer yesterday, the day before, and a few other times within the past couple weeks. I haven't heard anything from them for a while - I was hoping she was thinking about reconsidering. I guess I am delusional like she says.

Nothing changes. I am stuck in hell. Every day is the same and I can't escape.
B
B
Just checked her phone records again. Seems she has been talking to her lawyer yesterday, the day before, and a few other times within the past couple weeks. I haven't heard anything from them for a while - I was hoping she was thinking about reconsidering. I guess I am delusional like she says.
Still no number that could be OM's number?

Did you check all numbers?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B
Yes, I have two numbers that I've zeroed in on. I might go to a public phone and call them to see who answers. I am first going to cross reference them with the business database to make sure they aren't clients.

B
B
Yes, I have two numbers that I've zeroed in on. I might go to a public phone and call them to see who answers. I am first going to cross reference them with the business database to make sure they aren't clients.
Try googling them and see or whitepages.com reverse look up.

Also you can block your number with *67 and it will show up as private or unknown.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
The only thing I have is a cell phone. Does *67 still work with that? I did do a reverse lookup on everything and eliminated a lot of the numbers that way. Cell numbers are almost always private.

B
B
The only thing I have is a cell phone. Does *67 still work with that? I did do a reverse lookup on everything and eliminated a lot of the numbers that way. Cell numbers are almost always private.
Yes it still works.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
On the show now.

B
OP Offline
B
Alrighty then. I was on the radio show today and Dr. Harley advised that I do Plan A. I am going to follow up with him through email, but I found it to be rather surprising that he recommended that when my wife has steadfastly refused to even speak to me about anything, and had a current restraining order. Not sure how to go about that without getting arrested or having it be effective in any way. He suggested a letter, which I tried already. I might read Surviving an Affair before proceeding.

Did anyone catch the show today? Thoughts?

B
B
Alrighty then. I was on the radio show today and Dr. Harley advised that I do Plan A. I am going to follow up with him through email, but I found it to be rather surprising that he recommended that when my wife has steadfastly refused to even speak to me about anything, and had a current restraining order. Not sure how to go about that without getting arrested or having it be effective in any way. He suggested a letter, which I tried already. I might read Surviving an Affair before proceeding.

Did anyone catch the show today? Thoughts?
I haven't yet, but will.

Did he mention any other Plan A ideas?

What did he say about the restraining order?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
He didn't really address it directly. That's one of the followup questions I'll have for him.

Check this out, though - the friend I mentioned, the one who led me to HNHN, he went through this same thing with his wife a number of years ago. His wife heard the show live and heard Dr. Harley mention them. I about had a stroke because I didn't know he was going to say anything about them. Turns out she was cool with it, thank God.

B
B
He didn't really address it directly. That's one of the followup questions I'll have for him.

Check this out, though - the friend I mentioned, the one who led me to HNHN, he went through this same thing with his wife a number of years ago. His wife heard the show live and heard Dr. Harley mention them. I about had a stroke because I didn't know he was going to say anything about them. Turns out she was cool with it, thank God.
Good.

I would think she would be proud. Do they follow MB?

I will post your show as soon as it's in the archive.

Do you have any Plan A ideas?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Even though I've been in Plan B, more or less, I have been maintaining a positive demeanor when she makes requests regarding the kids. I always say yes to her requests to watch them at different times than usual, etc. Basically when I do have communication with her I am accommodating to her needs and not confrontational at all (not that I ever was). When she does try to bait me into arguing sometimes, I just ignore it. I used to get sucked into arguments with her but I have better things to do these days.

I did make a Mother's Day card (from the girls, of course) for her, and put their handprints on it and let them put flower stickers on it.. She hasn't mentioned it, though, which I expected.

Last edited by BlindsidedNM; 05/14/13 11:47 PM.

M
M
Plan A starts with communicating a willingness to right the wrongs of the marriage; a commitment to eliminate love busters, to learn to meet emotional needs, to build a compatible lifestyle together.

Sometimes all you can do in Plan A for a time is eliminate the love busters. Sometimes there's only some parts you can really do because your wife is not open to love bank deposits. But you take the parts you can do and polish them up really good, and you study up on the parts you can't do yet so you'll be ready (listen to Marriage Builders Radio daily to be prepping!), and you look for chinks in the armor through which you will be able to lob small starter love bank deposits that open the way for larger deposits in the future.

I am betting that with a restraining order, there were probably some love busters that need to be ELIMINATED, fast.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Even though I've been in Plan B, more or less, I have been maintaining a positive demeanor when she makes requests regarding the kids. I always say yes to her requests to watch them at different times than usual, etc. Basically when I do have communication with her I am accommodating to her needs and not confrontational at all (not that I ever was). When she does try to bait me into arguing sometimes, I just ignore it. I used to get sucked into arguments with her but I have better things to do these days.

That's a great component of a great Plan A!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
B
B
Originally Posted by markos

I totally agree.

Also wasn't there a hearing or something to have the RO dropped? What do you need to do about the RO?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

I totally agree.

Also wasn't there a hearing or something to have the RO dropped? What do you need to do about the RO?

No, just the original RO hearing. I haven't heard anything and I haven't asked about it. I thought about saying something but I wouldn't know how to, without ya know - violating it.

B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

I totally agree.

No, just the original RO hearing. I haven't heard anything and I haven't asked about it. I thought about saying something but I wouldn't know how to, without ya know - violating it.
Can you check with the police station or court house? How long Is it for?

She contacts you, correct? How is this not violating the RO?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
Did you ever find out who OM is?

Pay for the PI?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
I have not found out about OM yet. PI is waiting on me for more info. Not sure how to find out about him other than to call those numbers and try to isolate one.

I was on the radio show yesterday, I got my copy of Surviving An Affair today. Either she sent it last week or those guys are the most efficient people I have ever seen. Wow.

Page 5 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 68 69

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 790 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation