Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2729253 05/21/13 06:11 PM
A
Almnac Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I did my exposure today, but I am afraid that they went to the "other" folder. I did private messages and spaced them as suggested, but I am not friends with these people and FB never offered to let me pay to have them sent to the regular inbox. Anyone else experience this? I did it from my iPad, so it is the mobile version, but I just tried it again from my PC with the same results. I'm not concerned with not hearing from them, just that they are not receiving them!

Me-32
WH-47
D Day 2/1/13
Affair is ongoing as far as I know, though he claims otherwise.
DS-3 yrs, DD 16 months, baby #3 due 6/13
Almnac #2729256 05/21/13 06:17 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by Almnac
I did my exposure today, but I am afraid that they went to the "other" folder. I did private messages and spaced them as suggested, but I am not friends with these people and FB never offered to let me pay to have them sent to the regular inbox. Anyone else experience this? I did it from my iPad, so it is the mobile version, but I just tried it again from my PC with the same results. I'm not concerned with not hearing from them, just that they are not receiving them!

Typically, FB asks you to pay a $1. This did not happen?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2729268 05/21/13 06:35 PM
A
Almnac Offline OP
OP Offline
A
No, I wish it had!

Me-32
WH-47
D Day 2/1/13
Almnac #2729274 05/21/13 06:41 PM
M
M
Almnac, please stay on your original thread. It's hard for the members to follow you if you start new threads.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Almnac #2729275 05/21/13 06:42 PM
M
M
I found this:

If I'm not connected to someone on Facebook, how can I make sure a message reaches their inbox?

Messages you send to someone you're not connected to on Facebook may arrive in their Other folder. You may have the option of paying to route these messages to their inbox. When this delivery option is available, you'll see the price beneath your message.

Because we limit the number of messages a person can receive in their inbox from people they're not connected to, you may not always have this delivery option.
here

It sounds like it depends on WHO you send it to. How many ppl did you send it to?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
Almnac Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I understand, but this really isn't related to my thread, just a tech question. Apologies for any confusion.

Me-32
WH-47
D Day 2/1/13
MelodyLane #2729280 05/21/13 06:44 PM
A
Almnac Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I found this:

If I'm not connected to someone on Facebook, how can I make sure a message reaches their inbox?

Messages you send to someone you're not connected to on Facebook may arrive in their Other folder. You may have the option of paying to route these messages to their inbox. When this delivery option is available, you'll see the price beneath your message.

Because we limit the number of messages a person can receive in their inbox from people they're not connected to, you may not always have this delivery option.
here

It sounds like it depends on WHO you send it to. How many ppl did you send it to?

I think 6.

Me-32
WH-47
D Day 2/1/13
Almnac #2729301 05/21/13 07:02 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by Almnac
[

I think 6. [/quote]

I would keep trying others to see if you can get through.

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2729511 05/22/13 10:51 AM
A
Almnac Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Got them to go through!
If you are an iPad user, like me, you can't get them to go to the inbox. Have to get off the iPad completely , onto a PC and send that way. Just getting off the app and onto the regular site on your ipad will not let you do it. Then you will see the note at the top that tells you that your message will go to the other box. You click on See More and can then pay your one very worthwhile dollar for it to go to the inbox.
Now, let the fun begin! Thanks for your help!

Me-32
WH-47
D Day 2/1/13
Almnac #2729527 05/22/13 12:43 PM
M
M
Thanks so much for finding that out and posting it. I was really disheartened when I read you couldn't get them into the inbox! frown

Exposure 101

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 259 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation