Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 103 of 107 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 106 107
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by reading
Bless her.....she has some sense of loss over it all.

Thank heaven.

If she ever tells you she wants to reconcile come here for input and direction.
Meanwhile, take her statements as fishing for cake eating.

You probably are pretty cute and she is remembering the things she kind of liked about you.

She said she thinks about me when she wakes up and goes to sleep

Me: BH 36
Her: WW 34
Kids: D 14, S 12, S 9
DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
Filed for D 10/2011-Papers Served 11/2011
Divorce final May 24, 2012
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Viper
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
Did you plan B her after divorce? I would be iffy.
Oh, for the love of God, let's not go there again on this thread. I got in enough trouble the first time around.

G, be careful friend. I know you still love her and she's the mother of your children, but let's not forget what she put you through.

You deserve better than this.

On the flip side, it is your life.

I haven't forgotten...That's what holds me back from reacting. I'm pretty numb

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by JenniferVoyager
Did you ever give her conditions of recovery? I have prepared, to steel myself and keep logic at the forefront, a list of behaviors and actions I would need to see from my WH to even entertain a conversation. If she is idly expressing missing you, but with no honest remorse/regret/RESPONSIBILITY for all the harm she caused (not just to you but to your kids...splitting your whole family up), I'd say offer her a potato chip.

You've been through such a journey of transformation, I'm sure she admires the strength you've shown, but is she actually capable of being there for you and your kids?

Good question. I haven't seen her enough to know the answer to that question.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Justthe3ofus
GJM,
You are getting a lot of good feedback here. JenniferVoyager makes a lot of sense here regarding having your conditions in place should things develop further from here.

When I read your post about her saying she missed you and thought of you in the morning and evening, and how your heart raced, it reminded me of when my WW came back into the picture. I'm sure that you are experiencing the full spectrum of emotions right now. You have moved on, and this probably dredges up the pain of the ordeal that you thought was behind you. Sorry, man!

I don't think what your ExWW said demands a response or action right now, but it is certainly noteworthy.

I never thought my WW would return, and she didn't until after our divorce was final. Like you, I was stunned. And I did not trust her. But I had conditions in place anyway. Having them ready, and having an ex wife willing to accept them enthusiastically, facilitated a successful recovery.

Only God knows where this goes from here. But as they say, success happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Whatever you do, be cautious.

I don't have a response, but thanks. I am on guard and I'll just continue my life as scheduled.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

S
S
Originally Posted by GJM
WxW told me that she misses me and has been thinking a lot about me. She said she knows she should have tried harder in our marriage. I didn't say anything. I was in shock. She said she thinks about me when she wakes up and before she goes to sleep.

This still sounds very wayward IMO. MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

She hasn't said anything that I would want to hear from a remorseful wayward that has reflected on the hell they have put their family through.

SMB wrote something on her famous thread after her FR when she was writing out her conditions that she wanted the bar set SO HIGH that it was almost impossible for HPB to return -- so that she would be ensured that he was very serious.

Just wanted to throw that out there for you to think about. You and the children have been to hell and back. I would hate to see her jerk you all around some more when she is not DEAD SERIOUS about making big big changes (honesty boundaries selfishness laziness etc) and rather just looking for a "quick fix".

Please be very careful.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
It's quite possible she was trying to see how I would react to what she said and when I didn't, she left it alone. I have no idea, but the bar has to be set high. I haven't thought too much about it since that day. It's like you said, if she's serious about it, she will display major changes that are necessary for me and the kids. I'm not in the same place that I was a year and some change ago. I'm working on myself and trying to prepare for my retirement next year from the Marine Corps. I plan on buying a house by the summer time and look forward to my new life.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

J
J
Originally Posted by GJM
It's quite possible she was trying to see how I would react to what she said and when I didn't, she left it alone. I have no idea, but the bar has to be set high. I haven't thought too much about it since that day. It's like you said, if she's serious about it, she will display major changes that are necessary for me and the kids. I'm not in the same place that I was a year and some change ago. I'm working on myself and trying to prepare for my retirement next year from the Marine Corps. I plan on buying a house by the summer time and look forward to my new life.

I think you have the right outlook and are taking the right approach.

D
D
Just finished your thread and wow. I cried and got angry and sad as well. Your story is ALOT like mine IMO. Good to see a Gunny stand his ground for Corps, country and marriage. I am a corpsman and I can imagine how hard it was to disobey a direct order. All in all I am on the same path. If you want to read my thread and offer me some advice I would gladly take it. It's good your being the father of your kids even though so much pain was inflicted on you. Semper fi. If I ever run into that POSOM that wants to call himself a Marine without honor courage and commitment I will slug him for ya then treat him at the BAS lol

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
TD,

Thanks for the reply. I will read your story. Although, I don't know what advice I could give you because the things I did didn't seem to work so well. My story isn't over and I believe things will get better at some point. I felt like I was on the verge of getting my WxW back many times, but the POSOM was in the picture the whole time. It wasn't until December that she stopped talking to him. Now I don't know if I am willing to put myself out there to be hurt again and the line would be so thin that she would not be able to live up to my conditions.

As far as the POSOM goes, he's in Albany now so if you get out there, have at it lol

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

N
N
As far as the POSOM goes, he's in Albany...

As in the cesspool of corruption, double-dealing, and special-interest pandering that serves as the capital of the Empire State?

Like we don't have enough low-lives there, now we're importing them?

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
It's been a while since I've posted on here. It's been a year since my divorce and I've been doing pretty well. I have times of sadness when things go bad with the kids, but I push throuh it. Over the last few weeks, my ex wife and I have had several talks about possibly getting back together. I've been observing her behavior and body language when I talk to her to see if I can sense any lying or deceit. I think it would be wonderful for my family if we are able to be whole again. I just haven't figured out where to begin. From what she's told me, the affair ended in November which is the last time she saw POSOM. She says she broke contact with him and blocked his number. His wife has made contact with me recently and said he is buying her a house in GA and that's where they plan to settle. She says he's been really making an effort to repair their marriage.

We exchanged what we knew and I gave her my ex wife's phone number so they could talk. From what POSOM's wife has told me, my ex wife has given her a lot of information such as dates, times, text messages and whatever else she has asked for. It's been a long drawn out process that I felt I had moved on from. I thought it was weird that they were communicating, but feel maybe it's a chance for everyone to move forward. A lot of damage has been done, but I don't think it's beyond repair. I'm sure there will be a lot of questions, but the one I will ask is where do I go from here in order to do it the right way?

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
I'm sure there will be a lot of questions, but the one I will ask is where do I go from here in order to do it the right way?

You know, I wouldn't touch this with a 10' pole unless her behavior has changed so dramatically that you would be protected from another affair. What would be different in the future?

And what was your wife's plan when she moved out? To hook up with the OM? Did she ever give you the full truth about her affair that she kept so well hidden all that time?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
How many affairs did she have in your marriage?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
D
I agree with ML after reading your whole story it helped me out alot and she needs to practice some RADICAL changes before that happens.

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by GJM
I'm sure there will be a lot of questions, but the one I will ask is where do I go from here in order to do it the right way?

You know, I wouldn't touch this with a 10' pole unless her behavior has changed so dramatically that you would be protected from another affair. What would be different in the future?

And what was your wife's plan when she moved out? To hook up with the OM? Did she ever give you the full truth about her affair that she kept so well hidden all that time?

Hi Melody,

Yes, when she moved out, that was her plan. She did give me the full details about the affair. During the time that POSOM was supossed to have no contact, the affair continued all the way until the day he left the state.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
How many affairs did she have in your marriage?

There was a ONS and this affair that carried on for a little over a year

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
It's been a while since I've posted on here. It's been a year since my divorce and I've been doing pretty well. I have times of sadness when things go bad with the kids, but I push throuh it. Over the last few weeks, my ex wife and I have had several talks about possibly getting back together. I've been observing her behavior and body language when I talk to her to see if I can sense any lying or deceit. I think it would be wonderful for my family if we are able to be whole again. I just haven't figured out where to begin. From what she's told me, the affair ended in November which is the last time she saw POSOM. She says she broke contact with him and blocked his number. His wife has made contact with me recently and said he is buying her a house in GA and that's where they plan to settle. She says he's been really making an effort to repair their marriage.

We exchanged what we knew and I gave her my ex wife's phone number so they could talk. From what POSOM's wife has told me, my ex wife has given her a lot of information such as dates, times, text messages and whatever else she has asked for. It's been a long drawn out process that I felt I had moved on from. I thought it was weird that they were communicating, but feel maybe it's a chance for everyone to move forward. A lot of damage has been done, but I don't think it's beyond repair. I'm sure there will be a lot of questions, but the one I will ask is where do I go from here in order to do it the right way?

I would suggest emailing Dr. Harley. I agree with MelodyLane that there would need to be some radical changes.

All of that is basically detailed on this website in Dr. Harley's Q&A columns, but I would want some professional help. If she's willing to do the basic things to establish transparency and accountability, you might be able to reconcile, and of course that would be pretty much the best thing possible for your kids and probably for both of you.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
I agree with ML after reading your whole story it helped me out alot and she needs to practice some RADICAL changes before that happens.

I whole heartedly believe that as well. I will take time to demonstrate that behavior, that's why I came back here. I don't want to make any mistakes by rushing or making a bad decision. From what I have observed, she is a different person. She has also apologized about everything and doesn't seem so clouded by her bad judgement.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
Is she setting her life up in such a way that you could VERIFY no contact?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by markos
Originally Posted by GJM

I would suggest emailing Dr. Harley. I agree with MelodyLane that there would need to be some radical changes.

All of that is basically detailed on this website in Dr. Harley's Q&A columns, but I would want some professional help. If she's willing to do the basic things to establish transparency and accountability, you might be able to reconcile, and of course that would be pretty much the best thing possible for your kids and probably for both of you.

I did let her know about transparency and being open and honest about everything. She said she was willing to do that. I agree that it would be better for us all if we can make this work, but I want it to be done right and not miss anything I should be doing or having her do.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

Page 103 of 107 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 106 107

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation