Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
hbw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by MyJourney
hbw,

So sorry you're having to go through this. I've BTDT too. I know your pain.

Ok, a few points:

- It is 100% LEGAL to speak the truth about anything, to anyone, as long as it's the truth.

The only thing you can get in trouble for is "slander", which is calling someone a name, or telling false truths about them. It is NOT slander to tell the truth to anyone at all about your wife having an affair. Just stick with the truth and you will be fine. In my 7 years on this board, I have NEVER seen anyone get in trouble for telling the truth.

- You can be 99.9999% sure that you will not have a marriage to save or reconcile, if you don't expose far and wide. Yes, your wife will be flippin mad. She will blame you for ending the marriage. She will tell you "Well, I was going to consider reconciliation until you pulled this!", she will say all kinds of things.

The point is, your marriage can and will survive her anger and wrath, but it will NOT survive if she is in an affair.

The only way to kill the affair is to expose it to every single person that has any influence over your wife. You need to ask the people you expose to on her side of the family and yours to help you with this by talking to your wife, and not accepting the other man.

You need to expose to the other's man wife immediately, and give her your contact info.

Your exposures need to be done tonight. Get your letter ready and expose all at once. Use FB as well, but copy all of the OM's contacts first into a word doc in case he tries to close you down. Send the messages a few minutes apart, so you don't get shut down. If you have to pay a $1 pay it.

Exposure is your most powerful weapon to kill the affair.

i read the thread about exposing and what and how to do it.

my wife has told me (for what that's worth) that she hasn't told ANYONE yet about this not even her parents (which is where she's at). i don't know how i feel about "outing" her to all of these people that know nothing of this.

H
hbw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
also - if i were to do this exposing thing i would literally need a script to read from for it. right now i'm so fragile and raw that it's everything i can do to make it through the day. i most assuredly couldn't get on the phone with the wife or even the guy and not trip all over myself.

who would i call?
the wife of the guy of course
do i call the guy? and say what?

M
M
Everything you need to know about how to expose, and a script is right here...

Exposure 101

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010
Him-several affairs, last one 3/2011
Divorced filed 3/2011, final 3/2012

Formerly "Mopey".
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2013149&page=1

After a 4 yr FR, it became CLEAR to me of what you can look for in a FR. And that is the absence of POJA, and/or if your spouse tramples on your boundaries. If someone is not willing to do POJA with you, and they don't respect your boundaries, imo, the relationship is doomed.
S
S
Originally Posted by hbw
if i do contact this guy or his wife that there's no possibility of reconciling with my wife at that point.
There will be a much bigger chance of reconciling with your wife IF you expose the affair to his wife and WHEN he drop her like hot brick. This OM is married, and married men who have affairs are in it for the free, secret sex. They never had any intention of leaving their wife and kids and do not intend to do so ever for a woman who is so cheap that she will betray her own husband and have sex with a near-stranger. They will text that woman 100 times a day and declare all kinds of love her for, but the minute the affair is revealed to the wife they will beg the wife to forgive them and take them back.

Being married is great for these men. They have no problem being married. The only problem with being married is that they are not supposed to have sex with anybody else, and they want to. They can't do it if there's a chance of being caught, but if a woman throws herself at them and they think they can be undiscovered, they will have sex and a secret relationship with these woman. it's thrilling and exciting, but it is NOT ENOUGH for them to leave home for.

When, after exposure, he drops your wife, she will try to keep the affair going, and you are at risk of a false recovery. If she can persuade OM to bury his tracks even better and keep the affair going, he will probably do that, so your problem after exposure is one of keeping your wife away from him. She is a greater problem in that respect than he is, because she is likely to be "in love" and is probably looking for a way out of her marriage.

However, once he has dropped her at least temporarily, she will have to face the fact that she means nothing to him, and he will throw her under the bus to protect his marriage in a heartbeat. Make exposure happen and then be there offering her the chance of a rebuilt marriage when her weasel soulmate dumps her.

There is NO chance of reconciling with your wife right now while the affair is on. There is a huge chance of reconciling with her when your force OM to drop her, through exposure to his wife.

Be a man and stand up to that OM scum, and fight for your marriage.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Originally Posted by hbw
You don't need to expose to OM; he already knows he is having an affair with your wife.

You need to contact his wife. You "expose" a fact to someone who does not know about it, not to the people who already know what they're doing.

You are fighting for your marriage and you will find the words to say, no matter how nervous you are. You need to stop letting fear rule you right now.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
my wife has told me (for what that's worth) that she hasn't told ANYONE yet about this not even her parents (which is where she's at). i don't know how i feel about "outing" her to all of these people that know nothing of this.

Of course she hasn't told anyone that she is whoreing around and destroying two families in the process.

Affairees like to keep their dirty little secrets in the dark. Like cockroaches. Turn the light of truth on them and they scurry to hide.

Exposure kills the "fantasy" of the affair. This affair will not feel all rosey when your wife knows that everyone knows.

The OM will probably dump your wife so fast her head will spin, after the OM's wife finds out. I can almost guarantee you that.

You HAVE to tell the OM's wife. She deserves to know the truth about her life!!!!! She can be instrumental to help break up affair.

Did you find the exposure letter template on that thread?

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2013149&page=1

After a 4 yr FR, it became CLEAR to me of what you can look for in a FR. And that is the absence of POJA, and/or if your spouse tramples on your boundaries. If someone is not willing to do POJA with you, and they don't respect your boundaries, imo, the relationship is doomed.
Z
Z
In addition, think about this guy's wife. She's out there with little kids and she likely has no idea what's going on. Your wife is participating in the destruction of a family.

Give this lady the info she needs to navigate her life.

The longer you wait, the more time your WW has to spin the story, leading everyone to believe that you're a terrible husband and she just HAD to break away.

The lawyer knows nothing about saving a marriage or dealing with an affair. A lawyer helps you get divorced.

We have several posters on here who are lawyers and never have I seen anyone advised against TELLING THE TRUTH.

B
B
If she's afraid to tell her parents. Then they are one of your best targets because they will put pressure on her to end her affair.

After exposure then read this. "I Encourage BHs to Confront OM" Dr Harley

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
However, once he has dropped her at least temporarily, she will have to face the fact that she means nothing to him, and he will throw her under the bus to protect his marriage in a heartbeat.

And that's when your wife will start to see the OM for who he really is, and fall out of "lurve" with him.

fight for your marriage

Once your wife stops spitting venom at you for exposing, loses the feelings for the loser OM, she will look back on this and see how you FOUGHT for her, and love you even more. Women want their men to fight for them.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

M
M
hbw....

Here's another analogy about exposure.

Affairs are JUST LIKE addictions. They really are. Picture the OM being your wife's crack pipe. Your wife is not going to want to smoke her crack pipe while everyone is looking at her. She is going to be TICKED that you took her crack pipe away from her, but it must be done. Otherwise she's going to continue to smoke her crack pipe in the dark, and destroy two families in the process, just as if she were smoking a real crack pipe.

I know you're tired and exhausted. Get past this first step of exposure, and that alone should get you to a point where you can sleep for at least a night.

Sitting back and doing nothing is NOT fighting for your marriage. The longer you go without exposing, the more those two will become entrenched in this affair. End it now.

Once this exposure is done, I want you to sleep and rest, and then come back here to find out how to draw your wife back into the marriage with a PLAN to restore the love to your marriage. This plan will work once she comes out of her "fog" and is willing to listen.

Expose. Sleep. Read the plan to restore the love.

There will also be some "extraordinary precautions" that you will both take to prevent another affair from ever happening again. This can be done.

You're in the right place hbw.

Last edited by MyJourney; 06/11/13 05:50 PM.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

H
hbw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by hbw
You don't need to expose to OM; he already knows he is having an affair with your wife.

You need to contact his wife. You "expose" a fact to someone who does not know about it, not to the people who already know what they're doing.

You are fighting for your marriage and you will find the words to say, no matter how nervous you are. You need to stop letting fear rule you right now.

this makes perfect sense. thank you.

HOWEVER... i WANT to contact this guy. i want to talk to him. i want to threaten his life. but i know better.

right now fear, sadness and heartbreak are ruling me. i haven't eaten anything in three days.

H
hbw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
hbw....

Here's another analogy about exposure.

Affairs are JUST LIKE addictions. They really are. Picture the OM being your wife's crack pipe. Your wife is not going to want to smoke her crack pipe while everyone is looking at her. She is going to be TICKED that you took her crack pipe away from her, but it must be done. Otherwise she's going to continue to smoke her crack pipe in the dark, and destroy two families in the process, just as if she were smoking a real crack pipe.

I know you're tired and exhausted. Get past this first step of exposure, and that alone should get you to a point where you can sleep for at least a night.

Sitting back and doing nothing is NOT fighting for your marriage. The longer you go without exposing, the more those two will become entrenched in this affair. End it now.

Once this exposure is done, I want you to sleep and rest, and then come back here to find out how to draw your wife back into the marriage with a PLAN to restore the love to your marriage. This plan will work once she comes out of her "fog" and is willing to listen.

Expose. Sleep. Read the plan to restore the love.

There will also be some "extraordinary precautions" that you will both take to prevent another affair from ever happening again. This can be done.

You're in the right place hbw.

here's a question... i have the phone # of the guy that did this. but i don't need his i need his wife's phone #. how do i go about getting that?

S
S
Do an online search for a landline to the house. My H's OW is in the Belgian phone book. it took me seconds to find the landline number. Use the online electoral roll to find the home address, if you don't already know it.

In this country (the UK) you can ring up directory enquiries, as long as you have a name and home address, and as long as the number isn't unlisted.

Use google to see if you can find a workplace number. If you can find out who she works for, you might get her work phone no. and email in the company web page.

There are hundreds of ways to find her! I found the BH's name, kids' schools, home landline and work landline and email of the husband of my H's OW, who lives in another country, in seconds!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Eat first! You need your energy for this fight.

Expose second.

Then contact loser OM.

Type in the loser's phone number into your browser, and see if anything comes up. I also believe that if you go to the "white pages" website, and put his number in, for a $ you can get a name, which will help you get an address.

There are resources online that will give you this man's info for a small price.

Also, after exposures and sleep, go to RadioShack and get a gps to put on your wife's car.

If you own a computer that your wife uses at home, install a keylogger called eBlaster. You can download that onto the computer in a few minutes straight from the internet. That will probably lead you to see any emails they are probably exchanging and give you a name, and possibly even where he works.

The loser's wife is the first person you need to contact, and then immediately right after that, expose to your wife's friends and family and all of his friends and family.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

S
S
You're being very passive and looking for reasons to stall. You must know how easy it is to find anybody online, anywhere in the world, even if they don't want to be found.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
H
hbw Offline OP
OP Offline
H
another thing occurred to me... this just happened 5 days ago. all of my wife's and my finances are co-mingled. direct deposit, credit cards, everything. i can't imagine exposing this as you all are suggesting would be a very good idea when she could clean out all our accounts.

S
S
E go to RadioShack and get a gps to put on your wife's car.

If you own a computer that your wife uses at home, install a keylogger called eBlaster. You can download that onto the computer in a few minutes straight from the internet.
Make sure that the purchases of any spyware do not show up on a credit card bill that your wife gets to see. You will need to pay online for eblaster, so think about how to do that secretly.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
i WANT to contact this guy. i want to talk to him. i want to threaten his life. but i know better.

After exposures, you can call the guy. Tell him that you will not stop making his life hell, until he leaves your wife alone FOREVER. You can tell him you're coming after him and you're bringing hell with you.

And whatever you do, do not move out of your house.

Last edited by MyJourney; 06/11/13 06:05 PM.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

B
B
Originally Posted by hbw
another thing occurred to me... this just happened 5 days ago. all of my wife's and my finances are co-mingled. direct deposit, credit cards, everything. i can't imagine exposing this as you all are suggesting would be a very good idea when she could clean out all our accounts.
That's why the day you're going to expose you take your money out and put it into another account and stop all credit cards.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
If she's afraid to tell her parents. Then they are one of your best targets because they will put pressure on her to end her affair.

After exposure then read this. "I Encourage BHs to Confront OM" Dr Harley
Did you read this?

Follow the Plan here.

Figure out OMBW's contact information.

Is she on OM's Facebook contact list?

Save all OM's Facebook contacts to a word doc for exposure.

You've read the Exposure 101 thread, correct?

Now get ready to follow it.

When will you be exposing? And tell us who is on your list.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 432 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation