Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 40 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 39 40
R
R
The only thing I have read from Dr. Harley about anger is your link "what to do with an angry husband". Is there a more in depth link you have?

R
R
I will keep you up to date as to when the show will take place.

P
P
Suggested reading:
How to Negotiate When You Are an Emotional Person(Great information in here on relaxation and biofeedback devices)
Anger Management 101
The Angry Outburst chapter in Lovebusters (do you have this book yet?)

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

R
R
Thanks!

We will be on the show Friday morning.

J
J
Originally Posted by RNR2013
Thanks!

Good news! I thought this going nowhere. This gives some hope.

R
R
I'm having a hard time writing this email that the Harley's want from me. It's bringing back a lot of hurt. My wife abandon us all. Easter was one of the worst days, she spent two days home that entire week. Me and her sister put out the Easter eggs ourselves, my wife never bothered to come home. We waited for an hour the next day for her to arrive for the kids but I couldn't stand to watch them stand there looking at eggs try couldn't have so I said that's long enough, go ahead kids. She came in just as it was over. I don't think she even said she was sorry to our daughter. I feel like breaking down I tears right now.

Last edited by RNR2013; 06/17/13 04:20 PM.
L
L
Originally Posted by Justthe3ofus
Thanks!

Good news! I thought this going nowhere. This gives some hope.

I look forward to hearing it RNR.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
B
B
I'm sorry you have relive this.

Can you forward the text she sent you of the timeline?
Then ask them to ask you any pertinent questions?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
RNR, the way to recover from this trauma is going to be to build a happy present and future. When that happens, your resentment will fade.

If your wife can take the measures necessary to prevent a future affair and you can learn to not lose your temper, then the two of you can build that happy present and future together.

I would try not to get bogged down in details in writing Joyce and Dr. Harley, but focus on the basics: she has had an affair, the gambling addiction, the condition she is being medicated for, and of course include your own angry outbursts and your job situation. These are the problems I'm seeing as crucial for the two of you to solve in order to be able to recover together.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
R
R
I sent my e-mail, I feel like garbage right now.

I hope you guys listen and can offer some of you own advise and/or experience.

M
M

I'm sorry, RNR. It really is the worst trauma anyone could go through.

There are a lot of problems here ... difficult to overcome, but not insurmountable. Dr. Harley takes a real problem solving approach, showing you how to tackle problems one by one. Affair proofing the marriage, overcoming addictions, building a compatible lifestyle, eliminating abuse and control. Every one of these is a piece of the puzzle. We've been through a lot of them here in this house, and I can tell you that the result is very happy. We act like we did when we were dating - our relationship has us excited and is the most important thing in our life, and we love building our life together.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
B
B

I hope you guys listen and can offer some of you own advise and/or experience.
We will.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
R
Hey guys, you all know that my wife took off for more then two months with this other guy. She was gone most every night and day. She says she doesn't know where he lives even though its only 10 minutes from our home but she's never been there? She gave me an address tht she says her sister got for her and we sent the NC letter but it was not accepted at the door and is sitting at the post office awaiting pick up and has been for a week now. Should I believe that my wife does not know where he lives? She said they stayed in hotels every night even though he lives right here? Why would anyone pay rent for a place to live and then drop money for hotels five nights a week, how is this even slightly believable?

L
L
One reason someone would conduct the affair this way is to keep it secret. If you don't want anyone to know you're doing something illicit, you take the illicit activity somewhere else - somewhere people don't know you.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
R
R
They never kept it a secret once people found out for sure. This guy even asked her to move in with him, which is something she posted here but never told me about.

Should I believe that my wife does not know where he lives?

No.

She is covering for him and doesn't want him to get the NC letter.

As I shared with you before, believe nothing that comes out of her mouth. All WW's lie, lie, lie. Lying and A's go hand in hand.

VERIFY EVERYTHING.

If you pose the right questions, A lie detector test should clear things up.

J
J
Yes, she's lying.

Did you mention this in your e-mail to the Harley's?

R
R
Yes I did mention it. I said it was one of the most pressing issues I'm having.

J
J
Yes I did mention it. I said it was one of the most pressing issues I'm having.

Good.

Try and enjoy the week as best you can and get away this situation. Wait till you hear from the Harley's before taking action. Is there anything fun you can do until Friday?

P
P
My EPs are the same as hers
Please list them.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Page 23 of 40 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 169 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation