Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Originally Posted by beenbetter
She said she didn't want the house.
Whatever! As soon as her attorney gets involved you may find your wallet feeling very thin. Things can really change when the suits get involved.

bb, GET AN ATTORNEY.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

B
OP Offline
B
Well she has told me twice that she doesn't want to get an attorney. I know I can't trust her. But I also know she can't afford it. Really I can't afford it either. I not sure what to do. I'm so confused.

D
D
BB-

I don't think you can afford to NOT have a lawyer. I'm sure you have friends who can point you in the right direction. All you have to do is beat the Bushes.

Keep your head up and follow the advice of the vets.

B
OP Offline
B
So i sent her a message and simply stated that i was very busy and that i didn't have much time to speak with her. I also said that if she wants to talk about solving our issues then i could make time for that but if she wants to discuss divorce then I'm not going to change my schedule for that. Hopefully that was a smart move. Of course i didnt get any response from her.

M
M
I think you did fine with that response, bb.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

B
OP Offline
B
Hey everyone. I haven't heard anything from her lately. Today she sends a message that's says she really wants to pick some things up from the house. I told her that we really need to talk about what has happened to us and put divorce a side for now. She says OK.. I'm shocked.. She actually agreed to have a conversation. I'm not even sure how to take this? I have thought to myself what I would tell her when I get the chance.now I don't even remember. I feel nervous. I'm not sure how to approach her. Should I ask her about an affair again? I still have nothing for proof? Man, I was feeling great the last week or so and now all these emotions are flooding back. She did state that she's not sure what to say to me and reminded me that she doesn't feel the type of love she needs to be married to me.

M
M
Hey everyone. I haven't heard anything from her lately. Today she sends a message that's says she really wants to pick some things up from the house. I told her that we really need to talk about what has happened to us and put divorce a side for now. She says OK.. I'm shocked.. She actually agreed to have a conversation. I'm not even sure how to take this? I have thought to myself what I would tell her when I get the chance.now I don't even remember. I feel nervous. I'm not sure how to approach her. Should I ask her about an affair again? I still have nothing for proof? Man, I was feeling great the last week or so and now all these emotions are flooding back. She did state that she's not sure what to say to me and reminded me that she doesn't feel the type of love she needs to be married to me.

BB,

I'd think long and hard about wanting to reconcile with your wife, since you've only been married a short time, and no kids. It is really hard to recover from an affair, and that's even when both spouses are working on it.

I'm not ignoring the fact that you said that you'd probably regret at least not trying, so if you insist on going down that road,I wouldn't do it unless your wife agrees to take a polygraph to prove whether or not she was in an affair, and this would have to be a condition met before taking her back. Please remember, that ALL waywards lie, so whatever she tells you in this "meeting", you cannot trust what she says. If she has nothing to hide, she will agree with this condition. If she is a "buyer", she will do whatever it takes to move forward with you.

So, I wouldn't even ask her if she's having an affair. I would just insist on the poly for your piece of mind, You can also tell her that if she passes the poly, you also have a plan, from a well known psychologist, that will make her fall in love with you, again. I'm assuming she was in love with you when you married. Don't listen to any "history re-writing" when you talk to her. All waywards rewrite history to justify their affairs.

Also in this meeting, IF she is agreeable to the poly, I would insist on extraordinary precautions be put in place by her to protect yourself from any future affairs.

If you're still wondering whether or not your wife is in an affair, please remember this..... The exact same things that your wife has said, and the actions she has taken, all the way down to the " she doesn't feel the type of love she needs to be married to me" comments, are the same things that cheaters do and say all the time. It's like they all follow the same script, eerily so. Once you've seen it over and over again on these boards, you can spot an affair a mile away.

Getting to the entire truth is absolutely necessary if there is ever to be true reconciliation.

Oh, and I would get tested for stds, and definitely advise against thinking about having children anytime soon.

Last edited by MyJourney; 06/17/13 11:14 PM.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010
Him-several affairs, last one 3/2011
Divorced filed 3/2011, final 3/2012

Formerly "Mopey".
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2013149&page=1

After a 4 yr FR, it became CLEAR to me of what you can look for in a FR. And that is the absence of POJA, and/or if your spouse tramples on your boundaries. If someone is not willing to do POJA with you, and they don't respect your boundaries, imo, the relationship is doomed.
J
J
BB,
No, you should not ask her about the affair again. You should be investigating and collecting evidence secretly. What kind of snooping have you done in the last few days? Hire a PI, put a VAR in her car, follow her when she is out. Do something, man!

She is having an affair. If you intend to save your marriage you need to expose it.

You should talk to her, but when you do don't show your suspicions about an affair. Don't show your cards. Instead, be the man she once fell in love with. Be caring, kind, strong, and a listener. Don't push her or make her feel smothered.

She is not likely to tell you anything you are going to want to hear, so don't have high expectations. Make it through the conversation without disrespectful judgments and angry outbursts. Impress her with a calm, thoughtful, and authentic demeanor.

Everything MyJourney says makes sense, but don't demand a polygraph yet. That comes later. Right now, your first priority and line of action is to 1) investigate, 2) expose, and 3) use the carrot and stick of Plan A. (See below.)

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2296184#Post2296184

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 368 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation