Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Bras Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I'm going to talk to him but sometimes when I do talk to him he gets mad when I tell him something or when I tell him the truth he is kind of sensitive like that i think because he had a relationship with someone a long time ago and she left him...... He has low self esteem sometimes too cause of how his parents would treat him

L
L
Originally Posted by Bras
I'm going to talk to him but sometimes when I do talk to him he gets mad when I tell him something or when I tell him the truth he is kind of sensitive like that i think because he had a relationship with someone a long time ago and she left him...... He has low self esteem sometimes too cause of how his parents would treat him

He will need to control his anger when you tell him. Does he have a problem controlling his temper?

MB doesn't spend a lot of time looking back into our past to explain our current behaviors. What matters is building good habits for the present and the future. MB doesn't even talk much about "self esteem," because too much self esteem is actually a bad thing. So don't worry about the self esteem.

Just tell your husband you have something to say to him and tell him what's been going on and that you need his help in ending this attraction.

The next step would be to start building a romantic, passionate, safe marriage that will endure for decades to come.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
B
Bras Offline OP
OP Offline
B
on occasion he does but when he doesn't control it its like a thing where I have to leave but I cant

B
Bras Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I know if I tell him even if nothing has happend to that point it's like he will do something where I don't want to say he won't control his temper

L
L
on occasion he does but when he doesn't control it its like a thing where I have to leave but I cant

What do you mean when you say you "have to leave but I can't?" Does he or has he ever laid a hand on you?

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

B
Bras Offline OP
OP Offline
B
No he hasn't but les just say once he got mad for something his family did and at our house he started arguing with me fir what they said and broke 2 drawers from a really old good dresser ive had since I was little then he regretted it and apologized for that :-/ he shouldn't have done it ,
It got so bad tht I had to say I was pregnant so he would stop then 2 days later I had to tell him I had to say that so he would stop.... He didn't get mad

B
Bras Offline OP
OP Offline
B
But I wasn't pregnant. He has never hit me.

Last edited by Bras; 06/20/13 02:16 PM. Reason: Added info
L
L
Yes, I understand.

How long ago was this? Does he have a problem with being angry in general?

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

B
Bras Offline OP
OP Offline
B
That's almost a year, he is a sweet guy but on occasion I wish he didn't have a temper like if something upsets him even little things at time. And that's why I don't want to even mention anything because his anger when you tell him something even if you don't mean to hurt him, he has a tendency to get mad and drive and that's not a good thing I've been on car with him when he gets mad and drives Really really dangerously like he would drive car off bridge or something so I haven't really said things anymore to make him upset but he still does for little things

L
L
That's almost a year, he is a sweet guy but on occasion I wish he didn't have a temper like if something upsets him even little things at time. And that's why I don't want to even mention anything because his anger when you tell him something even if you don't mean to hurt him, he has a tendency to get mad and drive and that's not a good thing I've been on car with him when he gets mad and drives Really really dangerously like he would drive car off bridge or something so I haven't really said things anymore to make him upset but he still does for little things

Angry Outbursts are not only a big love buster, but the person who is having one is temporarily insane and can become quite dangerous, especially with a wife who is possibly in love with another man. He could lose his temper and hurt you, even if you can't imagine that right now.

Dr. Harley recommends separating from someone who is angry. Did you know this?

Here is a good thread about What to do about an angry husband

Here's what I suggest:

Do you have a very good friend or a family member nearby that you could trust?

I would call up this friend or family member and tell her what has been going on with you and this other man. Then ask this person to come with you to a coffee place or other such safe public place and stay with you while you tell your husband.

Then I would go and stay with that person for a couple of days until you know and can see that your husband can proceed through this calmly.

Meanwhile, no contact with this other man...at all!

Last edited by LongWayFromHome; 06/20/13 02:42 PM.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

B
Bras Offline OP
OP Offline
B
No i didnt know that ill look into that, Yeah I do have a girlfriend i could tell , and that's what I'm afraid of and he has told me "if I ever hit you leave me " he says that after he gets mad . Im actually surprised he didn't get mad about my guy friend I think it's cause all my family knows him and when I met my husband I was out at a gathering with my guyfriend

L
L
He didn't get upset about your friend, because he's unaware of the danger to his marriage. Many people blindly trust. And blind trust is a really bad idea in marriage.

Your H needs to learn to control his temper by taking anger management classes and learning to calm himself down.

Dr. Harley used to have anger problems but before he married Joyce he learned to calm himself down. This trained his brain neurons to behave calmly instead of insanely.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

B
Bras Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thank you for your thoughts

M
M
Originally Posted by markos
Wht can I do so I can feel that spark again intimately with my husband???

Watch all of these with him, and follow the instructions:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi1000_video.html

Bras, did you get a chance to take a look at these?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
This has helped me alot even though my friend and I haven't done nothing with my friend I feel guilty just talking so

It is good that you feel guilty - that shows you have a conscience! What you are doing is the most painful thing that could ever be done to another person, and the way out is to tell him. Dr. Harley strongly recommends an approach like LongWayFromHome suggested: get someone else present so that you are safe, and then tell him. It is the best way to END that other painful relationship FOR EVER! And the best and only way to make sure that it stops and never goes farther.

Then, show your husband the videos I posted. See if he would be willing to work with you to develop the kind of relationship Dr. Harley describes. It sounds like he will definitely need to get help to stop his angry outbursts. There are lots of us here who can help with that and can help both of you through the whole process.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
F
F
Take your girlfriend with you to tell him the truth.

If he gets violent, call the police. If he threatens violence, call the police.

Don't tell him in the car.

Tell him all the truth, do not try to "protect him" by leaving stuff out.

Answer all his questions honestly.

Start with this. Can you do this ?

me: FWW/BW
Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
J
J
Originally Posted by FindingFreedom

Realize that this will devastate him. Be honest but also be humble as you rip his heart out.

BH: 46
FWW: 44
3 DD: 20,17,11
Married 24 years
PA/EA: 5/08
DDay: 6/08
NC: 8/08
Previous EA 1998 confessed 8/08
In Recovery
L
L
Originally Posted by Justlooking24

Realize that this will devastate him. Be honest but also be humble as you rip his heart out.

Hearing about the attraction Bras has for this other man is more likely to cause her husband to be alarmed, rather than ripping his heart out. The part that will probably hurt is the fantasizing about the other man while having sex with her husband.

Let's remember that as far as we have heard from the poster Bras, she has not shared her feelings with the male friend. So as yet, she is not having an affair.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

L
L
Bras, one thing I wanted to point out is that said you said you often felt like you had to hold back from sharing things with your husband. This is probably due to his often negative reactions to your information, isn't it?

He's probably a charming nice guy with a temper problem. He probably does a good job of meeting your needs then periodically destroys all those good feelings you have for him by arguing or fighting or becoming angry.

A woman generally enjoys making love with her husband when she feels bonded to him. And you're not going to feel bonded when he's being angry. Nor will you feel bonded to him while attracted to another man.

If you can get this attraction and growing friendship out in the open with your husband and then get away from the other guy for good, you and your husband can build a really great marriage that will last for life. MB always works when both people follow it.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

J
J
Originally Posted by LongWayFromHome
Originally Posted by Justlooking24

Hearing about the attraction Bras has for this other man is more likely to cause her husband to be alarmed, rather than ripping his heart out. The part that will probably hurt is the fantasizing about the other man while having sex with her husband.

Let's remember that as far as we have heard from the poster Bras, she has not shared her feelings with the male friend. So as yet, she is not having an affair.
Understood and I hope I'm wrong. The attitude seems wrong and I''m guessing at least an EA and possibly a PA. It could be my BH jaded eyes though.

BH: 46
FWW: 44
3 DD: 20,17,11
Married 24 years
PA/EA: 5/08
DDay: 6/08
NC: 8/08
Previous EA 1998 confessed 8/08
In Recovery
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation