Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Originally Posted by HBHH
She is moving into our basement as I speak. But long term I need her out of the house.

Why move into the basement AT ALL when she is going to have to move out? If she is moving down there, then she will be distracted from moving out... She needs to move OUT, not to another room in the house. Moving into the basement is only kicking the can down the road and enabling her.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by HBHH
She is moving into our basement as I speak. But long term I need her out of the house.

Start by asking her to move out now. Offer to help her pack. That is your first step. Moving into the basement is a distraction. It is like trimming your toe nails when your arm is broken. That is cute and winsome to do, but it doesn't address the problem.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Moving into the basement is a distraction...it doesn't address the problem.

I would think WW has no ability to acquire a separate living space, Mel, which is NOT necessarily a bad thing. (There ain't nothing worse to "correct" than a WW with an independent source of income, however meager.)

My suggestion would be to let her move into the basement, get nice and comfy in her new "BE-free" environment...and then one day go down there with a group of colleagues, remove all the furniture, and put it all in a storage facility!

But that's just me....

M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Moving into the basement is a distraction...it doesn't address the problem.

I would think WW has no ability to acquire a separate living space, Mel, which is NOT necessarily a bad thing. (There ain't nothing worse to "correct" than a WW with an independent source of income, however meager.)

My suggestion would be to let her move into the basement, get nice and comfy in her new "BE-free" environment...and then one day go down there with a group of colleagues, remove all the furniture, and put it all in a storage facility!

But that's just me....

rotflmao

The move into the basement measure is another conflict avoidance tactic. The WW proclaims herself as "separated" and then openly and flagrantly cats around. She doesn't even bother to cover it up anymore.

In this case, he has been in Plan A for FOUR YEARS. There is nothing here to save. The only reason they are still together is because he is her personal ATM.

Exposure 101

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation