Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...in-sons-reveal-victims-sexual-abuse.html

I read this article about a wayward's legacy the other day and felt the need to share it here. Here's a warning for all the BHs we've had on here who are so often pressured into standing aside and leaving the children with their mother and a new boyfriend.

This story tells the tale of a BH who crashed his car because he was told while driving his wife and twins home from the hospital that the children may not be his. Unlike many BHs, he never got a chance to protect the children.

After his death the WW farmed her two boys out to any boyfriend who wanted to sexually abuse them and sexually abused them herself.

I hope any BH who is being pressured into being 'friends' for the childrens sake (code for doing whatever the WW says) realises that no wayward is capable of being a fit parent until they have stopped that way of life forever.

Addicted to the illicit rush of admiration, the wayward does whatever their OP tells them to do. Once they have obeyed their wish to break their marriage vows, they are capable of anything. Just as a drug user will do whatever their dealer tells them to do, a WW is completely in thrall to her boyfriend or boyfriends. She cares about nothing else.

All BHs should be fully aware of this and not assume that a mother will always put her children first.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
M
What a horrible story. I agree so much with your warning. We have a case here of a wayward wife who was perfectly willing to offer up her teenage daughter to her sexual predator OM. The BH was able to get an injunction keeping the girl away from the WW and her sexual predator OM.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
Adulterers have no moral standards

D
D
This story is the reason I'm going for full legal and physical custody with supervised visits. Stuff like this makes me so angry! How can a person who claims to love their family do these horrible things.

R
R
I had my daughter banned from ever going near my W's boyfriend at the time. She was seeing a lowlife drug dealer and my lawyer said I will have the choice of custody as my wife will be seen as very unfit tryin to bring our daughter into that type of life. Finally my wife came back to her family and she agreed to sign a court order saying that our daughter will never be in this persons presence. Her willingly signing this document was the first true sign she gave me that she may be serious about recovery.

M
M
This is one of the reasons I get so upset when men leave their homes to give their wayward wives some "space!"

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
What a heart breaking story.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

F
F
I think that unless the BS can be proven to be the drug user, alcoholic or abuser in the marriage, then no WS s/b granted anything more than supervised custody until such time that it can be proven that affair partner is out of the picture for good. WS told me, "once the sex started, nothing else mattered, not you, not the children, nothing." Anyone who has an affair instead of asking their spouse for a divorce and then hooking up with the person "of their dreams" after said divorce shows a gross lack of concern for their children as well as their spouse. The behavior is irresponsible and clearly shows poor judgement and therefore is in no state of mind to be entrusted with the care and well being of their children, unsupervised. The Fog is hideous and dangerous in ways well beyond the obvious.

D-Day 1 - May 4, 2012

D
D
Originally Posted by FooledMeTwice
I think that unless the BS can be proven to be the drug user, alcoholic or abuser in the marriage, then no WS s/b granted anything more than supervised custody until such time that it can be proven that affair partner is out of the picture for good. WS told me, "once the sex started, nothing else mattered, not you, not the children, nothing." Anyone who has an affair instead of asking their spouse for a divorce and then hooking up with the person "of their dreams" after said divorce shows a gross lack of concern for their children as well as their spouse. The behavior is irresponsible and clearly shows poor judgement and therefore is in no state of mind to be entrusted with the care and well being of their children, unsupervised. The Fog is hideous and dangerous in ways well beyond the obvious.

Too bad most judges lean towards the mother despite this overwhelming evidence. Dr. Harley says affairs are like drug addictions. The legal system should treat them as such.

R
R
Unless you have evidence the child's well being is at risk then it will be 50/50 custody. Here in Canada judges don't care about the mother anymore, It's equal now unless there is an unsavoury situation as was the case with me. The mother having a greater share of right is a thing of the past here.

M
M
Originally Posted by RNR2013
Unless you have evidence the child's well being is at risk then it will be 50/50 custody. Here in Canada judges don't care about the mother anymore, It's equal now unless there is an unsavoury situation as was the case with me. The mother having a greater share of right is a thing of the past here.

BUT........it's only 50/50 when the BS doesn't try to negotiate. When they do, they often end up having primary custody a) out of guilt and b) because the WS is having too much fun to deal with kids. Betrayed spouses are way, way too willing to settle for crumbs when they could get much more if they just used all the leverage at their disposal.

I can't count the times here I have had a BH tell me "the women always win custody battles" so they never fight. A self fulfilling prophecy! Look at all the men here over the years who have full custody of their kids because they fought?

Exposure 101

R
R
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by RNR2013

BUT........it's only 50/50 when the BS doesn't try to negotiate. When they do, they often end up having primary custody a) out of guilt and b) because the WS is having too much fun to deal with kids. Betrayed spouses are way, way too willing to settle for crumbs when they could get much more if they just used all the leverage at their disposal.

I can't count the times here I have had a BH tell me "the women always win custody battles" so they never fight. A self fulfilling prophecy! Look at all the men here over the years who have full custody of their kids because they fought?

That's true, I probably would not have fought if I didn't know that my daughters well being was in great danger. In the beginning my lawyer told me its going to be 50/50. Once I got hold of FB messages between my wife and her boyfriend with him admitting to all the stuff he's into and took that to my lawyer things changed. I still remember the smile on his face as he read them, he look up at me and said "well, this affair won't last long. So, what custody would you like? It's your choice. Based on this I recommend sole custody and you take your daughter to live with your permanently." Known drug dealers are not looked on pleasantly by judges not to mention the break and enters and high speed chases which were being bragged about in those messages. So, yes you need a lawyer and you have to fight for it and you will win over a wayward.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation