Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 67 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 66 67
E
E
Lovebusters will definitely punch holes in that bucket you are trying to fill. I'm glad that you have something to work with now. Eliminating those and making it safe for FC to be honest with you when LB's occur will make a world of difference smile

M
M
Love Busters is a big book - for a very big problem.

It's thicker than all the other MB books we have, and the problem was definitely harder to solve than the others, for us.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by FightTheFight
Originally Posted by markos
Good - the newer version has a lot more information about AOs if I remember right, and probably about DJs as well. smile

By the way, there is also some information about DJs in the conversation chapter in HNHN, and you guys probably need to go over that whole chapter, too. I think the number one reason things aren't "clicking" yet is that conversation is not yet good enough to meet her need well.

Maybe so. The conversation part is going to be harder. For the DJs and LBs in general, I can see a clear path to recover from it. Make the lists, keep track of them, eliminate them systematically.

There's a systematic approach for conversation, too, and it centers around the four friends and four enemies of good conversation. Learn them, practice, exchange worksheets indicating which friends you are including (so you can see which are lacking) and which enemies you are including (so you can see what to get rid of)!

Dr. Harley has also suggested an exercise with a chess clock to make sure that the time spent in conversation is balanced between the two of you.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
G
G
FTF,

Remember that just as your WWs having an affair does not justify your having an affair, your Love Busting behavior is not justified by your WWs affair. I treat my WWs affair as a separate account from my day to day dealings with her, and one that WILL be balanced sometime I hope soon.

Your WW owes you many things because of her affair, perhaps some are still missing, but depleting her love bank without consequence is not one of them.

God Bless
Gamma

Last edited by Gamma; 06/28/13 12:35 PM.
F
OP Offline
F
I'd love to see this answered:

Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Originally Posted by feuillecouleur
I don't enjoy it. That's the problem. I'm always at home and it happens every T,Th,Sat regardless of whether I am in the mood or not. I have no choice if I am going to fulfill his need for SF.

Is there anything about what your husband does during SF that makes it less pleasant for you, or is there anything he could do to make it more enjoyable?

Do you find your husband physically attractive? If not, what would he need to work on? Lose weight, grooming, dressing better?

Lastly (but most important) - you obviously not getting in enough UA time, and what you do get doesn't sound mutually enjoyable. That needs to be fixed, NOW.

Also, you might knock the child-centered marriage crap off. It landed you in an affair, and then landed you here.

And I'd love to know what exactly this means:

I'm not sure how to make it more enjoyable other than being into him more.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
M
M
She probably can't answer it. When Prisca was feeling that way about me, she had no idea why she didn't feel like having sex with me. She only knew that she hated it. I would ask her what I needed to change, and she would either tell me she did not know, or respond disrespectfully indicating that she was troubled I was asking.

The problem was she was not in love with me, and the solution was to get her to fall in love with me. I had to hang on long enough to deposit enough love units. I had to not love bust, because every time I did that (and I did frequently), it undid a good chunk of my hard work making deposits.

If you keep working on the undivided attention time and the identified problems (conversation and disrespect) and solve these problems, she will fall in love with you.

I encourage you to reach out to Dr. Harley about this. Why not go on the show, tell him where you guys have been and how long you have been at this, let him know you are still frustrated him, and ask him what your chances are for turning this around?

P
P

She needs to feel bonded to you.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

E
E
Originally Posted by Prisca

Agree!

N
N

...or...

She needs to say something nebulous enough to almost sound like she's participating.

..which would be the unanimous response if a WH tried spreading that type of....content!

I note with concern that my suggestion that FC put everything she's got into being for one month the lover that FTF might deserve met with NO support from the assemblage!

So, "Feelings follow actions" is gender-specific?

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by markos
I encourage you to reach out to Dr. Harley about this. Why not go on the show, tell him where you guys have been and how long you have been at this, let him know you are still frustrated him, and ask him what your chances are for turning this around?

Done. I just emailed Joyce.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

...or...

She needs to say something nebulous enough to almost sound like she's participating.

DJ away NG! You can say what I cannot say. Nor should I even think it.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
P
P
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

...or...

DJ away NG! You can say what I cannot say. Nor should I even think it.

No, you should not say it, nor even think it. You are right that it is a DJ, and it will severely hinder your recovery. You need to be eliminating such disrespect, since such lovebusters are part of the reason your wife does not enjoy having sex with you.

Dr. Harley is the one who says a woman needs to feel bonded to her husband before enjoying sex. There is nothing about your wife that suggests she is any different than the typical woman.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

F
OP Offline
F
No, you should not say it, nor even think it. You are right that it is a DJ, and it will severely hinder your recovery. You need to be eliminating such disrespect, since such lovebusters are part of the reason your wife does not enjoy having sex with you.

Dr. Harley is the one who says a woman needs to feel bonded to her husband before enjoying sex. There is nothing about your wife that suggests she is any different than the typical woman.

I don't say it.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
P
P

I don't say it.

Good smile
Don't allow yourself to think it, either. Eliminate it.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

N
N
I don't say it.

Never fear, my friend! I will be here, applying logic and cool rational analysis to ALL situations, when the BS must go on wearing the "No Expectations" blinders!

We can be the hammers that you cannot, when dealing with an obvious deceitful, self-centered, cake-eating, uncommitted WW. (Well, a certain subset of the "we", anyway!)

As I queried in the remainder of my note, fellow peer-counselors, where was the usual support when offering an action for the WW to experience "Feelings follow actions," and demonstate its corollary, "Actions trump words"?

(FTF, if my barbed, acerbic comments interfere with your concentration on the task before you, say the word, and I'll immediately cease here and concentrate over in WW's fantasy-land!)

D
D
NeverGuessed:

Where did you ever get the idea that Marriage Builders concepts would encourage a woman to fake enjoying sex? What happened to The Policy of Radical Honesty -- never leaving a false impression. The reason that your suggestions about the way to solve a woman's reluctance to have sex have been soundly rejected on the forum is that it doesn't conform to Marriage Builders concepts. Their concerns about your suggestions are certainly not "BS." From what I've seen here, they're all on target. If I'm missing something, let me know. Write me at mbradio@marriagebuilders.com.

Best wishes,
Willard F. Harley, Jr.

N
N
Their concerns about your suggestions are certainly not "BS."

"BS" in my usage was "Betrayed Spouse", not "male bovine excrement".

D
D
Thank you for your clarification. But don't you agree that faking anything in marriage is a mistake?

F
OP Offline
F
Just got off the phone with Joyce. We will be on the show again this coming Tuesday, July 16th.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
N
N
How is the UA time coming?

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

Page 29 of 67 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 66 67

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,084 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation