Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
F
You know this is so messed up H is a product of an affair, and His father treats him so very bad, My H has a step brother that is the same age has H after he got my H mother pregnant he got his wife pregnant, That is the same mess my H was trying to pull on me, but he has ways stated he did not wants kids that may have changed I don't so, I think it is more that My H step brother just had a baby and H father is in love it and his is trying to get father approval at any cause, and It does not help that the father does not like me at all and mother in-law wants her son back so they are telling H they are happy about the Child.
they welcome the child. that pushes me out. So the question is do I wait it out because it is going to fall apart or do I say this mess I don't need him and all the crazies in his life. I don't know Please add your thoughts writing about his has been very helpful this morning. I can see a start of s better day.

My MIL embraced the OW and OC and lost access to MY children for about 4 years because she thought the path to my husband was through his wh*re. She was wrong. We now have a relationship with her but don't see her very often. She missed out on her grandchildren due to her lousy choices. I really, really hate the "do whatever makes your happy" crowd.

I think you are doing the best thing for yourself by removing yourself from this situation. hug

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
M
M
I have gone to plan B because he will not tell me anything
LU, have you completely eliminated all contact with him? Did you write a Plan B letter to him? He's out of the house?

There's a big difference between a self-styled plan like "Plan I'm Not Going To Talk To You Until You Straighten Up" and Dr. Harley's Plan B. Which one are you in?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

L
OP Offline
L
Hello maritalbliss

Yes, I'm in Plan B completely I email him a letter and he is out of the house I blocked him from all my IM, delete his numbers from my cell and house phone so I can not call him. take all his clothes out of the bedroom I have removed all pictures from the house. I'm doing this for myself I have to protect myself. It is hard but I will stick with it. Thank you so much for you support.

M
M
Can you share the contents of your Plan B letter with us? What are your requirements to allow his return to the marital home?

D-Day 2-10-2009

L
OP Offline
L
Hello Maritalbliss,

please see letter below.

**edit***,

I truly love you, I know I�m not an innocent person sitting on the sideline and you doing all the wrong, I know I�ve had a part in making the affair possible, with the anger, nagging and pushing, I�m sorry that I did not seek help faster to learn how to deal with the special needs of our marriage, we are both suffering now, I�ve taken the following step That I�m sure will help me to understand and have better control, I�ve contacted our insurance company and got a list of Doctors that specialize in ADHD, I had them send you the list also, I start my session starts on Wed of next week. I�m willing to work with you but I can�t until you end your relationship for good and no contact with the child, and start therapy for our special needs and follow a plan for reconciliation with me. I will not have any contact with you of any kind I�ve asked **edit** to be, our go between person, and forward this email to you. I know you know the pain I�m going thru so please respect my decision .

Love You Much

***edit***

Last edited by JustUss; 07/28/13 11:52 PM. Reason: removed names
M
M
Oh - you've got Markos helping you - good! He's an excellent MBer. I was a little worried about you until I saw that.

D-Day 2-10-2009

B
B
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Oh - you've got Markos helping you - good! He's an excellent MBer. I was a little worried about you until I saw that.
I don't think it's our MB markos. I think it's a friend of hers **edit**.

Last edited by JustUss; 07/28/13 11:53 PM. Reason: name

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

O
O
LU,
I'm sorry for the circumstance that have brought you here, but I assure you that this is a good place to be to get some solid, reasonable support (as you have had thusfar) as well as "someone to listen". It's a lonely world you find yourself in, but I also assure you that you are not alone. Infidelity, and even "other" children affect way more people than you think.

I give you a lot of credit for going into a solid Plan B. I believe it is essential for your health and your future. I believe that it is the only way that you will ever be able to see the situation from an objective view and then make decisions based on logic and reason; as opposed to emotion, attachment, and hope.

I would spend as much time as you can here, reading other threads, as well as the books you've downloaded. Surviving an Affair is a good place to start. Then possibly LoveBusters (to see not only that the abuse you have been enduring actually has a definition; as well as to see your own behaviors that you will want to avoid (and why) to regain happiness in the future).

Good Job listening to the radio show!!! It is an absolutely invaluable resource. Dr. Harley is full of wisdom and each show offers something, even for folks like myself who have been at this MB stuff for quite some time.

Opt

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
O
O
LU,
How is your plan B going?
opt

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
4 members (SadNewYorker, 3 invisible), 1,103 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation