Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
B
B
Definitely adding up. If she isn't having an affair then hmmmm

Let us know what you hear on the VAR. Next time you have a look at her phone, take it.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J
Yes it's very possible that she is having or trying
To start an affair

F
F
Something smells fishy to me too. Remember, trust but verify!!! We all know that affairs can get even the most spiritual person if they are not protecting themself.

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
I don't want to just survive my affair, I want to recover from it!
D
DNT Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Got the VAR. There was 6 hours worth. Many calls...didn't hear anything related to OM. I hear several conversations with MIL and girlfriends where she bad mouths me pretty intensely. She claims I'm "crazy" in several conversations. She has no intentions of wanting to settle out of court. She wants $ under the guise of child support. I support my children very well...everyone knows that. She spoke of the gift I gave to stylist. She ridiculed the greeting card, to their ooohs and aaahs she said "you all are having the reaction he wanted me to have"...then telling all the other women to who she read it "glad you were impressed, because I wasn't". It's very hard to listen to the heart and thoughts of a women I love so dearly, become so cold. Today is our 13th Anniversary. I'm a MESS!

FWH, Married 12 years, 3 children DS age 5, DD age 1, DS 18/BW's step son.
3 PA’s with in 2003
Her D-Day 1/25/2013
Divorce final 9/24/2013
B
B
Sorry DNT.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Originally Posted by DNT
Got the VAR. There was 6 hours worth. Many calls...didn't hear anything related to OM. I hear several conversations with MIL and girlfriends where she bad mouths me pretty intensely. She claims I'm "crazy" in several conversations. She has no intentions of wanting to settle out of court. She wants $ under the guise of child support. I support my children very well...everyone knows that. She spoke of the gift I gave to stylist. She ridiculed the greeting card, to their ooohs and aaahs she said "you all are having the reaction he wanted me to have"...then telling all the other women to who she read it "glad you were impressed, because I wasn't". It's very hard to listen to the heart and thoughts of a women I love so dearly, become so cold. Today is our 13th Anniversary. I'm a MESS!

I'm sorry, DNT.

One of the big problems of love bank deposits to someone where you have a negative love bank balance is that they often react negatively. So, you might have moved from a balance of 200 in the hole to 100 in the hole and the reaction still be negative because her feeling is still "hate" or "dislike." BUT, it's still a deposit.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
F
F
I'm sorry, DNT. I know how painful this must be for toy now. Hang in there!!!

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
I don't want to just survive my affair, I want to recover from it!
D
DNT Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Should I buy time? My attorney says we could buy time if she refers another attorney to the case. Honestly, I am not sure it's worth it. I'd almost rather go through with it all and attempt win her back on the other side of the process. As it's been stated, co-parenting may facilitate the possibility.

Last edited by DNT; 08/22/13 12:57 PM.

3 PA’s with in 2003
Her D-Day 1/25/2013
Divorce final 9/24/2013
D
DNT Offline OP
OP Offline
D
In addition to my question above. Any other suggestions on investigating the possible EA? All I have is the "Just Because" Edible Arrangement bouquet and chocolate covered strawberries that were delivered to the bosses HOME address. A couple of confidants have stated "I think you have all you need" when combined with other clues. I don't think I have enough. Am I right? The gift could be explained away. I need proof of communication. Which I doubt I'd ever get without access to the work laptop or STEALING her iPhone.

BTW...our communication is improving and we are seeing each other more often. Today is our DD 2nd birthday. We'll see each other quite a bit this weekend for her parties.

Last edited by DNT; 08/23/13 01:31 PM.

3 PA’s with in 2003
Her D-Day 1/25/2013
Divorce final 9/24/2013
D
DNT Offline OP
OP Offline
D
The gift to the boss appears to be a false alarm. While having dinner at her place smile with the she and the kiddos she volunteers that her director had been soliciting prayer. It turns out he's been very sick and out of the office for over two weeks. She mentioned her and people from the office had been sending gifts to lift his spirits as he is order on home rest. Apparently his kidneys are in danger of failing. Anywho... thought I would give that update of good news. September 12 court date is quickly approaching and I have decided to terminate counsel and request more time. Hopefully it is granted and delayed as long as possible. We've been interacting on MUCH better terms, but no mention of changing course. Pray for me!

Last edited by DNT; 08/30/13 11:03 PM.

3 PA’s with in 2003
Her D-Day 1/25/2013
Divorce final 9/24/2013
B
B
How is she reacting to you? Letting you make LB$?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
DNT Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I've steered away from LB's. She's been reacting less guarded and talking to me freely. She's been positive. I can feel the anger dissipating. All of the conversations I heard on the VAR she actually had with me (save the insults)...that was weird but refreshing.

Last edited by DNT; 08/30/13 11:25 PM.

3 PA’s with in 2003
Her D-Day 1/25/2013
Divorce final 9/24/2013
D
DNT Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
BH what exactly what you trying to discern from your question? I'm curious..

Last edited by DNT; 09/01/13 05:29 PM.

3 PA’s with in 2003
Her D-Day 1/25/2013
Divorce final 9/24/2013
B
B
Originally Posted by DNT
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
BH what exactly what you trying to discern from your question? I'm curious..
I'm wondering if she isn't having an affair and if she seems to be opening her LB to you, that is a good sign.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
DNT Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I think she is. She just called me JUST to share a "funny story" about DS5. We laughed and hung up the phone. On yesterday when I took the kids back we all sat on the floor and had "family time" with the kiddos. Everything is focused on them. I guess that's the way it should be given the circumstances. It's nice but frustrating. 10 days and counting till the next court appearance. Wish she would just drop it all. frown

3 PA’s with in 2003
Her D-Day 1/25/2013
Divorce final 9/24/2013
B
B
Originally Posted by DNT
I think she is. She just called me JUST to share a "funny story" about DS5. We laughed and hung up the phone. On yesterday when I took the kids back we all sat on the floor and had "family time" with the kiddos. Everything is focused on them. I guess that's the way it should be given the circumstances. It's nice but frustrating. 10 days and counting till the next court appearance. Wish she would just drop it all. frown
Can you stall or extend it out?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

D
DNT Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I have yet to hear back from my attorney who said it's likely the judge will grant a continuance for a later date if I switch counsel....which my attorney says she is willing to do. I usually get a prompt response. Errr!

Last edited by DNT; 09/03/13 07:00 PM.

3 PA’s with in 2003
Her D-Day 1/25/2013
Divorce final 9/24/2013
D
DNT Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So here we are...after she sent me an email at 9:45am today to consider attending my Friday counseling session with me.

To: boss, 2 female coworkers, W of �family� friends, my MIL
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 2:18 PM
Subject: It's Prayer Time!

Hello Ladies,

First, I just want to tell you how grateful I am to have your support. It means more than you know. Believe it or not, it has been almost 6 months since this journey began. The one-hour divorce trial will be next Thursday, September 12 at 11am. I need your prayers.

Please pray specifically that:
1. The Lord's perfect Will will be done. Matthew 6:9-13
2. I will have favor with Judge ____ _____. Leviticus 26:9
3. The judge will order me to pay, at minimum, standard child support, to have standard visitation/possession, to pay/provide standard insurance and pay 1/2 of IRS debt. Psalm 37
4. My attorney will be prepared and say all the right words at the right time to work in my favor. 1 Corinthians 1:30, Psalm 37:30-31
5. I will be prepared and say all the right words at the right time to work in my favor. 1 Corinthians 1:30, Psalm 37:30-31
6. H will say all the right words at the right time to work in my favor. Psalm 37:32-33, Deut. 33:29
7. H�s attorney will say all the right words at the right time to work in my favor. Psalm 37:32-33, Deut 33.29
8. H will have good mental health from this day forward and be accepting of all that occurs with no desire to harm himself or others. Psalm 147:3
9. H will seek the Lord, truly, and be an excellent example for DS5 and DD2 now and for the rest of his days. John 16:13
10. Our co-parenting relationship will thrive so that we can truly be the parents God has created us to be. Psalm 16:7
11. Our finances will overflow so that no one has to suffer any financial hardship that could trickle down to the children. Leviticus 26:10
12. We will move on to live happy and healthy lives with thriving relationships that are pleasant, peaceful, and positively beneficial to our children with no threat of harm or danger. Philippians 4:19

I believe the Lord has and will continue to cover me and our children. I know that whatever the outcome, He has us. I have comfort in that. Leviticus 26:3-5, 13

Thank you again for your prayers and words of encouragement during this time. If I know nothing else, I know that we serve a God who is faithful and has been here with me and my littles EVERY step of the way. Thank you, Lord!

Sincerely,

W

3 PA’s with in 2003
Her D-Day 1/25/2013
Divorce final 9/24/2013
D
DNT Offline OP
OP Offline
D
We had a divorce trial today. Nothing left to do other than signing the papers. It feels surreal...but I have learned so much about myself as well as others. I can't fathom reconciliation at this point. She is vehement done. Not looking forward to this emotional roller coaster. Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement from everyone.

3 PA’s with in 2003
Her D-Day 1/25/2013
Divorce final 9/24/2013
B
B
Originally Posted by DNT
We had a divorce trial today. Nothing left to do other than signing the papers. It feels surreal...but I have learned so much about myself as well as others. I can't fathom reconciliation at this point. She is vehement done. Not looking forward to this emotional roller coaster. Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement from everyone.
So sorry DNT.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 514 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation