Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 44 1 2 41 42 43 44
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by mozilla
I don't want to get too far off track by discussing another thread since the best and most objective focus are Harley's own words. But I liked the fact that it was not oversimplfieid into: mrc cen cheated, therefore mr cen has nothing he needs to work on. Or in other words, mrs cen cheated, therefore mrs cen has no right to complain about anything ever again.

My H's betrayal was 100% his responsibility, but I DID have some marital cleaning that needed to be done on MY side of the street as well. Creating a MUTUAL romantically loving marriage is the goal of MB, even if one of the spouses has had an A in the past.

Amen!

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
I don't want to just survive my affair, I want to recover from it!
M
M
I haven't read everything, but have you and your H considered the online course? You get access to "the man himself" that way. I wish I had known about that years ago though I don't know if it existed back then. I am kinda jealous when I see all those private forums smile

S
S
mozilla, do you live near the OP in your case?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
I don't want to get too far off track by discussing another thread since the best and most objective focus are Harley's own words. But I liked the fact that it was not oversimplfieid into: mrc cen cheated, therefore mr cen has nothing he needs to work on. Or in other words, mrs cen cheated, therefore mrs cen has no right to complain about anything ever again.

Yes, we have an approach here that is surprising to many people who are familiar with other marriage sites and marriage material. Dr. Harley has been successful helping couples recover for decades, and he doesn't do it by making the unfaithful spouse PAY (i.e., suffer punishment). Instead he does it by making them build the marriage they should have had all along. Not only does this provide compensation for the betrayed spouse, but it is the best thing for the wayward spouse as well.

Dr. Harley's approach does not teach people to stay married while being unhappy, out of some sense of obligation or out of some regret for past sins. Instead, the Marriage Builders program teaches how to achieve marital happiness - creating and sustaining the feeling of romantic love. He's decidedly out of the mainstream on that, but it doesn't matter because it works. smile

Romantic love: is it a realistic goal for marriage therapy?

I'm glad you were surprised by what you found on the site. smile Many of us have given hundreds or thousands of hours of our time learning Dr. Harley's program through books, the website, and the radio show, and trying to help others achieve these goals in their marriage. These people have helped me and I am privileged to have had the chance to turn around and try to be a little bit of help to others.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2755469 09/17/13 05:46 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Feeling a little hopeless and defeated right now. Came home and in our he on top of the letter I wrote BH this morning was a card for a divorce attorney. He is not here, not responding to my text either.

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
SusieQ #2755474 09/17/13 06:25 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by SusieQ
mozilla, do you live near the OP in your case?

I hate to t/j, but in my case I was spared the phsical part of an affair because for H it was all cyber and a few phone calls. As far as what we were told the people/person lived several states away. We have moved several times since then and had quite a few ISP's since then.

I really do like the idea of moving when the OP is local. I was glad to get out of the house because even the room where the computer had been bothered me.

And yes, markos, I was very lucky in that when we got married someone gave us the old HNHN for a wedding present, and then I bought SAA when I found out about my H's betrayal. It is great stuff.

G
G
15Y,

Was this exposed enough at the school system to get OM fired and drive HIM away? There just doesn't seem to be enough consequences OM suffered. BH perspective.

God Bless
Gamma

Gamma #2755520 09/17/13 08:57 PM
F
OP Offline
F
He is no longer at the school and can no longer coach sports anymore.

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
M
M
Happy Birthday 15years. I hope that something happy is a part of your day today.

J
J
Originally Posted by fifteenyears

My H's betrayal was 100% his responsibility, but I DID have some marital cleaning that needed to be done on MY side of the street as well. Creating a MUTUAL romantically loving marriage is the goal of MB, even if one of the spouses has had an A in the past.

Amen!

15: Throughout your entire thread, you've been pointing out your BH's faults while getting defensive about the mess on your side of the street. (This has been called to your attention repeatedly, beginning on p.3.) You are now at the point where you've withdrawn so many love units from your husband's account that he has figuratively left the room, yet you are still standing in there, listing his faults. Why?

I understand it is your birthday, and I don't imagine you feel like celebrating given your current situation. If you want different results, maybe you should consider taking a different approach. Perhaps you could decide to focus 100% of your attention on cleaning up your side of the street. Perhaps your BH will notice. Perhaps today is the perfect day to start.

S
S
Originally Posted by fifteenyears, 3/4/12
We went to a local art gallery because my daughters art work was on display. We were looking around and having a great time when all of the sudden my husband was in a big hurry to leave. His face was red and he looked really angry. I looked behind me and saw my OM. I immediately got sick to my stomach, grabbed my daughter and we literally ran out of the gallery.

My H completely shut down on me and as soon as we got home he said he needed to get away. That was three hours ago and I don't know what to do. I don't know if I should give him space, how much space, what I can do to help.

I was completely unaware that NC had been broken already earlier in your R.

I wish this had been in your signature line or brought up at the time of the 2nd NC break this past spring, because I believe posters would have strongly advised you a move was necessary back then.

This is something Dr Harley talks about frequently, even in the absence of broken NC. He just discussed moving at a couple of different points in just yesterday's radio show relating to triggers.

Even though I am 99% sure Dr Harley is going to advise you to move, I would be sure to let him know about all the NC breaks, not just the recent ones.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2755723 09/18/13 10:35 PM
K
K
Actually there were pages of posts advising 15 to move last spring.

kerala #2755748 09/19/13 06:35 AM
S
S
Originally Posted by kerala

Right.

But I was referring to the fact that it wasn't discussed this past spring after NC break #2. I think ML did ask how far OM lived from 15 but it wasn't answered.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2755846 09/19/13 01:18 PM
K
K
After NC break #2 there should have been a move without question, but this friend of DD's seems to be more precious than that. What is IMing and emailing and so forth for?

The friendship could be upheld at a distance without risk of breaking NC, but...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
SusieQ #2755864 09/19/13 03:40 PM
K
K
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Originally Posted by kerala

Right.

But I was referring to the fact that it wasn't discussed this past spring after NC break #2. I think ML did ask how far OM lived from 15 but it wasn't answered.

Oops. I get it now.

kerala #2755870 09/19/13 05:00 PM
K
K
Can't edit,s o...

Heck, even before NC BREAK 1, there SHOULD HAVE BEEN A MOVE.

When will this happen? NC break after NC break is not going to help your husband who is likely only agreeing to put up with this so you don't get mad at him about some other fault. He has things to work on too but when you could break NC at any time, he is constantly triggered. Whether he tells you or not.

Last edited by karmasrose; 09/19/13 05:02 PM.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
B
B
Radio Clip of fifteenyears's call
Segment #2
Segment #3

Other than the above time were you ever on the show again?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Her email was read on Friday's show and guess what Dr Harley told her to do?? MOVE!! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I think this is such excellent advice. It would solve virtually all of the NC and trigger related problems, and the distance between DD and the friend would likely allow the friendship to die a natural death (considering the girls' ages).

The big question will be, is your BH willing? You can have the most sincere and determined intentions in the world....but at some point in this situation your BH is going to HAVE to AGREE to make this possible. What I have heard from you is that you are very willing to end the girls' friendship, very willing to move....it is your BH who is resistant to those ideas. I get that he doesn;t want his life to have to change any more than it has to because of a choice YOU made in the past. But this is the hand you two are dealt now. So instead of dealing with the reality we/you/he wishes to have, the reality that IS has to be dealt with.

I hope that you can reach an enthusiatic agreement about moving very soon.

M
M
No, she does not need his agreement to move. She should move and hope he follows. That is her only hope.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 43 of 44 1 2 41 42 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation