Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Do you have spyware on his phone? And are you continually VERIFYING that he is where he says he is?

Yes, I have spyware on his phone and I have GPS tracker on his phone. I'm constantly checking up on his location.

Me: BW - 37 years old
WH - 40 years old, first offense
D-Day: 8/3/13
Married 11 years
DD#1 - 6 yrs.
DD#2 - 5 yrs, Autsim
Trying to save the marriage. Plan A. WH going thru Detox.
M
M
Originally Posted by MindMonkey
But I do think it is a good idea to call the OW and get as much information as possible. Ad do not allow that skank to give you marital advice. (They usually try!)

Is that really true? I'm fascinated by that thought.

OM emailed me once (after my request for information) and told me I "should do more fun stuff with her, maybe that was our problem". Thanks A-hole. Oh, and he didn't give me much information, but he did forward a couple of her (extremely lengthy) emails that she sent him.

OW are quite a fascinating breed of cat. [my apologies to cats for the insulting comparison crazy ] They not only fancy themselves as the arbiter of marriage advice, rotflmao but have been known to spill their guts about every detail of an affair. They are much more willing to talk than an OM typically.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by blndbabz
Do you have spyware on his phone? And are you continually VERIFYING that he is where he says he is?

Yes, I have spyware on his phone and I have GPS tracker on his phone. I'm constantly checking up on his location.

Good girl!! I am starting to relax and not worry so much about you. You are catching on. hug

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
ha ha!! Thanks!!! I'm trying!

Question tho: I pulled this from the MB site about recovery...

"But once apologies are made, a couple should move on to the business of rebuilding their relationship, and not dwell on the mistakes of their past. As much as you may want to talk about the affair or about any other mistake made, remember that every conversation on those subjects withdraw love units. And a Love Bank must first be overflowing with love units before you are in a position to waste any. "

Doesn't this mean that I should stop bombarding him with questions and asking for details? Shouldn't I just let up a bit to make him more comfortable with the idea of recovery?

Married 11 years
DD#1 - 6 yrs.
DD#2 - 5 yrs, Autsim
V
V
OW are quite a fascinating breed of cat. [my apologies to cats for the insulting comparison crazy ]

Viscount Ashley of Leftfield is highly offended by the comparison!

[Linked Image from farm4.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by Viscountess; 10/24/13 04:24 PM.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
M
M
ha ha!! Thanks!!! I'm trying!

Question tho: I pulled this from the MB site about recovery...

"But once apologies are made, a couple should move on to the business of rebuilding their relationship, and not dwell on the mistakes of their past. As much as you may want to talk about the affair or about any other mistake made, remember that every conversation on those subjects withdraw love units. And a Love Bank must first be overflowing with love units before you are in a position to waste any. "

Doesn't this mean that I should stop bombarding him with questions and asking for details? Shouldn't I just let up a bit to make him more comfortable with the idea of recovery?

Nope! He should give you all the details to your satisfaction FIRST. Once you have ALL THE DETAILS, then the affair should be dropped. HOWEVER, that does not mean that the subject of affair proofing and recovery should not be discussed.

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Viscountess
OW are quite a fascinating breed of cat. [my apologies to cats for the insulting comparison crazy ]

Viscount Ashley of Leftfield is highly offended by the comparison!

rotflmao sorry for the insult to cats!!

Exposure 101

M
M

Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley in Requirements for Recovery
The plan I recommend for recovery after an affair is very specific. That's because I've found that even small deviations from that plan are usually disastrous. But when it's followed, it always works. The plan has two parts that must be implemented sequentially. The first part of the plan is for the unfaithful spouse to completely separate from the lover and eliminate the conditions that made the affair possible. The second part is for the couple to create a romantic relationship, using my Basic Concepts as a guide.

I'll describe these two parts to you in a little more detail.

The first step, complete separation from the lover and eliminating the conditions that made the affair possible, requires a complete understanding of the affair. All information regarding the affair must be revealed to the betrayed spouse, including the name of the lover, the conditions that made the affair possible (travel, internet, etc.), the details of what took place during the affair, all correspondence, and anything else that would shed light on the tragedy.
here

Exposure 101

M
M
Exactly as ML said. When you know you've gotten all the details of the affair you need then it's dropped and never again comes up. You're asking questions because you know you don't know everything you need to be settled.

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks again everyone. I really do believe we are on the right track here. When it comes to the details... I'm pretty sure I have the BIG details... who where why when how and how long. What I seem to be asking for are little details... ya know?

Married 11 years
DD#1 - 6 yrs.
DD#2 - 5 yrs, Autsim
M
M
Thanks again everyone. I really do believe we are on the right track here. When it comes to the details... I'm pretty sure I have the BIG details... who where why when how and how long. What I seem to be asking for are little details... ya know?

BB, get as much details as you need so you can put it to rest.

Exposure 101

F
F
The little details will haunt you indefinitely, especially as a woman.

This is where I think you would benefit talking to OW. Your husband will be tempted to say, "I don't remember" but OW WILL remember.

me: FWW/BW
Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by FindingFreedom
The little details will haunt you indefinitely, especially as a woman.

This is where I think you would benefit talking to OW. Your husband will be tempted to say, "I don't remember" but OW WILL remember.

Good point... I have not contacted OW yet. I'm hesitant. Part of me wants to think that ignorance is bliss but I know that is not so. I think I'll never truly know the extent of things without talking to her. At the same time, I want to rip every piece of hair out of her head and set her clothing on fire while she is still wearing it... but... that would be wrong. I fear I will not be able to have a CALM RATIONAL discussion with her.

Prior to this happening, I always said that the BW who gets angry with the OW is a fool... yet here I am, hypocrit of the year! My thinking is that she knew the day they began chatting that he was married and she persued him anyway. She never denied that she wanted more than a friendship with him. To me, that makes her a person with poor boundaries and very bad moral fiber. She set out to ruin my marriage from day one. I can't put all the blame on him!! I cannot call her by name. I cannot humanize her by giving her a name. I refer to her as BF in my house -- stands for B*tchface.

It makes me wonder how that conversation would go. "Hello B*tchface, spill your guts on what you did with MY HUSBAND. Oh, and by the way, you are an evil, disgusting, dispicable entity that doesn't qualify to be called a human being." Yeah, not sure she'd be too receptive to that! LOL

Married 11 years
DD#1 - 6 yrs.
DD#2 - 5 yrs, Autsim
M
M
I'm not sure if that was a "vent" or if you are considering not calling her. Definately don't meet her in person, and if you do, leave the matches at home.

I went to have an in-person civilized discussion with OM. Turns out, the background check gave me his father's address (not home at the time). So I called him and asked him to meet me. Guess how he responded? Not so bold when the BH flys 4000 miles to look you in the eye, are you? Probably for the best, I don't know how civilized I would have been. No...calling and email turned out to be the safest for everyone.

Me: BH, 36 Military Officer
FWS: 36, repeat offender
Married: Valentine's Day 1998
DD-15/ DS-10
Almost recovered and ahead of schedule
B
OP Offline
B
I'm not sure if that was a "vent" or if you are considering not calling her. Definately don't meet her in person, and if you do, leave the matches at home.

I think it was a little of both!! I don't trust myself to fly to Florida to see her in person. I'd probably injure her. But.. the phone call... I'm not sure if I have the strength to be civil. I was thinking about setting up a web based email account to use and email her instead. That would give me the opportunity to EDIT myself and perhaps be less aggressive. Then, once I get the info I need, I can delete the account and she has no contact info.

What do you think of that idea?

Married 11 years
DD#1 - 6 yrs.
DD#2 - 5 yrs, Autsim
M
M

I think it was a little of both!! I don't trust myself to fly to Florida to see her in person. I'd probably injure her. But.. the phone call... I'm not sure if I have the strength to be civil. I was thinking about setting up a web based email account to use and email her instead. That would give me the opportunity to EDIT myself and perhaps be less aggressive. Then, once I get the info I need, I can delete the account and she has no contact info.

What do you think of that idea?

I would find a way to talk to her in instant chat. Perhaps over facebook or AIM. I got TONS of information from the OW over AIM. [AOL instant messenger] It is so simple to download and you can program it to save the log of your chat.

The reason I think you should speak to her in chat is because you want her to answer you impulsively so you get the truth. OW usually don't have much self control. My H's OW delighted in giving me the goods because it made her feel superior to tell me their secrets. I took advantage of that feeling! If you exchange emails it will give her time to think everything over. You don't want that.

Also, it will be easier to control your emotions over IM chat.

I would shoot her an email and invite her to chat with you on AIM at a certain time. Maybe give her no warning and ask her to join you as soon as she receives your email.

Exposure 101

F
F
I think this is a good idea, because you will then have a written record of her side of the story.

The written record will be helpful to you if your WH has a different version of the truth, so you won't be second guessing yourself if you remembered a conversation wrong because you were mad or nervous. Or if your WH is weasel-wording things like, "You must have misunderstood", or "you must not have heard her right".

I hope you have not discussed this idea with your husband...DON'T. This is part of the James Bond stealthy fact-finding mission.

me: FWW/BW
Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
L
L
At the same time, I want to rip every piece of hair out of her head and set her clothing on fire while she is still wearing it... but... that would be wrong. I fear I will not be able to have a CALM RATIONAL discussion with her.

Prior to this happening, I always said that the BW who gets angry with the OW is a fool... yet here I am, hypocrit of the year! My thinking is that she knew the day they began chatting that he was married and she persued him anyway. She never denied that she wanted more than a friendship with him. To me, that makes her a person with poor boundaries and very bad moral fiber. She set out to ruin my marriage from day one. I can't put all the blame on him!! I cannot call her by name. I cannot humanize her by giving her a name. I refer to her as BF in my house -- stands for B*tchface.

It makes me wonder how that conversation would go. "Hello B*tchface, spill your guts on what you did with MY HUSBAND. Oh, and by the way, you are an evil, disgusting, dispicable entity that doesn't qualify to be called a human being." Yeah, not sure she'd be too receptive to that! LOL

Yes!! I have had these exact thoughts about OW. I texted her a few times early in the affair to tell her to back off and give me a chance to save my marriage & family. But nope - that didn't stop them. I also can't use her name. I feel that would be giving her respect she doesn't deserve. I usually refer to her as slut, whore, or home wrecker.

During the affair WH played volleyball with OW three nights per week. My friends really wanted to show up at a game one time and confront OW or see what she did. I just couldn't do it! So I know what you mean about physical confrontation. My emotions would probably take over and I'd be out of control.

I like the instant message idea for you. I hope she agrees to talk with you whenever you decide to do it.

BW (me)-31
WH - 33
M - 5 years
DD 3 years old
EA/PA - 5/2013
D-day - 6/29/2013. He refused NC.
I moved out with DD 9/2013.
Sold our home and made divorce arrangements.
Plan B - 12/8/2013
FR - 1/2014-3/2014
Divorced 4/2014
M
M
[quote=LifeIsBetter
During the affair WH played volleyball with OW three nights per week. My friends really wanted to show up at a game one time and confront OW or see what she did. I just couldn't do it! So I know what you mean about physical confrontation. My emotions would probably take over and I'd be out of control.
[/quote]

We have had several affairs that were killed that very way. SusieQ and her sisters confronted the OW in her sister's situation and ran her off. Dr Harley does recommend confronting the OP. If you think you would punch her out, it is a good idea to take some friends who will hold you back. And always...........leave your pistol in the car!! laugh

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
Update:

Cell phone check indicated that WH started speaking to OW using her new cell phone number. This was at 2:00 AM, Saturday into Sunday. I blocked the new number, photographed then deleted the new messages, and handed him a suitcase... ok, THREW the suitcase at him. I then emptied his dresser into the suitcase in front of his eyes. He said I looked crazed. I didn't say a word. I then took the suitcase and threw it out the front door. I went back to the bedroom and took him by the hand and led him to the door, where I pointed that he should get out. He asked what was wrong with me. I held up his cell phone then collapsed on the floor in a pile of anxiety and tears.

He fell to his knees and started to sob. He begged me to let him stay. He said he was weak. He said she got the new number and contacted him in tears because her life was falling apart. He spoke to her to calm her down. It was only for a few days.... blah blah blah.

I let him stay for now, but he knows this is his last chance.

I was angry and hurt, so I called OW on the new number from our house phone. Naturally, she answered, thinking it was him. We had a nice little chat. She confirmed that there was no sexual contact aside from a simple kiss at the airport... consistant with his record of their only visit together. She was angry with him and spilled the beans about a few of his lies. I feel like I have another chunk of the puzzle filled in now and I can see most of the picture. She was so angry with the details I gave her about how GOOD our marriage had been. He never told her that. He told her our marriage was mostly over. She told me that she was done with him. She wanted nothing to do with a liar like him. Ironic, isn't it?

Anyway... that's where I am.

Married 11 years
DD#1 - 6 yrs.
DD#2 - 5 yrs, Autsim
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 698 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation