Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2740890 07/03/13 02:48 PM
M
markos Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Looks like Dr. Harley's new book He Wins, She Wins: Learning the Art of Marital Negotiation is available for pre-order on Amazon and is coming out October 1st:

http://www.amazon.com/He-Wins-She-Learning-Negotiation/dp/0800722515

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
E
E
Awesome!

B
B
He Wins, She Wins
Learning the Art
of Marital Negotiation

Marriage Builders� Bookstore: He Wins, She Wins Every conflict in your marriage is an opportunity to fall more deeply in love.

You've probably heard a lot of advice on how to resolve conflicts in your marriage. What you may not know is that if a resolution comes only in order to keep the peace, it's no resolution at all. Marriage expert Willard F. Harley, Jr., says there's a better way.

What's different about the He Wins, She Wins approach is the ultimate goal--for you and your spouse to grow in your love for each other. This win-win model for negotiation starts with a simple rule: Never do anything without an enthusiastic agreement between you and your spouse.

Think that sounds impossible? In this book, Dr. Harley will show you how it's been done in his marriage of over fifty years--and in the marriages of the thousands of couples he's counseled. He'll explain the art of marital negotiation, show you how to resolve common conflicts the right way, and help you overcome these common obstacles:

emotional reactions are preventing calm discussion
neither of you wants to talk about an issue
one or both of you are indecisive
one of you is happy with the status quo
being enthusiastic about anything doesn't seem possible

And above all, he'll show you how every decision you make together will increase your love for each other.

Order your copy today!

Marriage Builders<sup>�</sup>' Bookstore: Arrow Table of Contents of He Wins, She Wins

(2013, Hardcover - 192 pages)

Retail $19.99 - Your Price $14.99 (Save 25%)
He Wins, She Wins (Hardcover)
In Stock - Available Now!

BOOKSTORE LINK

mbmodberlin@gmail.com
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

D
D
Very cool, just bought it right now for my Kindle. At only 192 pages, it's far smaller than some of his competing volumes!

Last edited by Doormat_No_More; 11/14/13 05:48 PM. Reason: Language tweak

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
All - I have heard of groups / couples that go through Dr. H's books together at churches etc. It may have been a local group though, because I heard he visited them on the radio show.

Is there a study group of any kind that goes through the book together?

We have been reading ( and re-reading ) Draw close, and are reading through He Wins / She Wins for the first time.

I would love to go through it in a structured manner with others Either online or ??.

thanks!

Me: FWH 44
BW: 42
Married 1/2/1993
D-Day: Nov. 2011
In Recovery
Worked with Steve Harley 1:1 in the beginning
Started Online Program with Accountability Coach 1/10/2014
I
I
Originally Posted by Dr. Harley on the Private Forums
If either spouse is uncomfortable with the way a counselor is handling their problems, they should find another counselor. The entire message of my newest book, He Wins, She Wins is to find ways that both spouses can be enthusiastic about the way their relationship is turning out. This counselor is not achieving that objective for you. You are becoming victimized by this counselor. I would advise you to avoid any further sessions, and read He Wins, She Wins together.

Best wishes,
Dr. Harley

MBMod IrishGreen
MBIrishGreen@gmail.com
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation