Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Pen93 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
After your prompting, I've just had another thought and done some more digging....discovered a way I can probably identify the OM's phone # tomorrow. Will try that first.

Me: BS Her: WS
Married: Nov 2009
D-Day: 7th Dec 2013
ILYBINILWY, can't decide if it is me or him.
P
Pen93 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
In terms of proof, I have a number of screenshots from twitter showing where they refer indirectly to one another or post the same content, including one that contains a photo that is identifiably my WS on his feed (they are not "friends" on any network).

I also know specifically which event they both met at. I will offer this to anyone that wants to see it, with notes from me for context.

M
M
Originally Posted by Pen93
I was intending to send the OM's wife a facebook message saying something like:

My name is <blah>, I am aware that you don't know me and this is a very unusual situation but I have some important personal information that you should be made aware of. my wife, Cindy Johnson is having an affair with your husband. I am deeply sorry to have to share this heartbreaking news, but you have a right to know. This would be better discussed over the phone than by text, so please could you call me on <XXX> as soon as you are able.

Tell her in the opening message about the affair and give your wife's name so will know why this is urgent. You should send this in ADDITION to calling her to make sure you get ahold of her.

I have no reliable way of contacting his parents, I know his work place address and I have found his wife through google because her profile is open on FB and lists him as "married"

Keep trying to track down his parents.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Dear relatives and friends of <WS>

This is one of the must difficult things I have ever had to write. With a very heavy heart I have to tell you that in the last week I have discovered that <WS> has been conducting an affair with <OM>, a married man from <OM's hometown>, for several months. I have asked <WS> to stop and cut all contact with the man, but she is reluctant.

I love <WS> with all my heart, and dearly hope that we can fix what has been broken within our relationship. For this reason I am asking that (if you feel you can) please could you talk to <WS> about ending this harmful affair and work with me to rebuild and recover.

I will append my and her phone #, email.

Perfect!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
In terms of proof, I have a number of screenshots from twitter showing where they refer indirectly to one another or post the same content, including one that contains a photo that is identifiably my WS on his feed (they are not "friends" on any network).

I also know specifically which event they both met at. I will offer this to anyone that wants to see it, with notes from me for context.

I would also focus on your wife's admission. Tell them she had confessed the affair is "not hiding it."

Exposure 101

M
M
I was intending to send the OM's wife a facebook message saying something like:

Have you scrubbed the OMW's facebook list for the OM's parents? Are there any contacts with her married name?

I would also expose to any of the OMW's close family if you can identify them.. They can help contact her if you have any trouble.

Be sure and include your phone # in all communications. And when you contact the OMW, add your wife's cell phone #.

You are doing great! The most important thing is that you get ahold of the OMW when you expose. That is the MOST CRITICAL EXPOSURE.

Exposure 101

P
Pen93 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Done. That was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. She is coming home to talk.

B
B
Great Job!

Now it is on to a Super Plan A. Good that she is coming home to talk. Remember to stay pleasant and no love busters while you are talking. You love her very much, value your marriage, and are willing to work together to meet each other's emotional needs AFTER she has ended all contact with the OM.

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
T
T
Done. That was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. She is coming home to talk.

Do not get upset at WW anger. They rage after being exposed. It is to scare the BH to stop any more exposure from happening.

Do not let her bait you into a fight.

WW talks divorce. You say I do not talk divorce only marriage. Then you change the subject and if need be leave the room. Hop into the car and go disappear in your car to run an errand.

C
C
Great job, Pen...

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
M
M

Good job!! Did you get ahold of the OM's wife and family? That is the most important thing.

When your wife comes home, you must DEMAND that she end all contact for life with the OM and send him a no contact letter.

Can someone please post the suggested no contact letter? I am at another computer.

Exposure 101

B
B
[from SAA, pg 58]

OM, I want you to know that out of respect and love for my husband and children, I have come to realize that I must never see or talk to you again. My relationship with you was a cruel indulgence that BS did not deserve. While I cannot completely repay BS for the pain I caused him, I will do my best to become the wife he has been missing. I care a great deal for my family and I would not want to do anything to risk their happiness. I will not make any further contact with you and I do not want you to make any contact with me. Please respect my desire to end our relationship.

Sincerely, XXXXX

M
M
Thanks! PEN, come back and give us a blow by blow of your exposure. I want to make sure you have closed all the gaps.

Exposure 101

P
Pen93 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
OM wife knows. She texted me to say she would ring when calmer. I repeated how sorry I was, she said it wasn't my fault, neither of us did this.

Both sets of WS and my parents know, spoke to both. Supportive, angry, sad.

Kept my cool when she came home, lots of deep breaths, said that the issues in our marriage were both of ours to deal with, but the events today were all on her. She burned out after a couple of hours. She says affair is over (yes, I know, she says....) just keeps talking about separate christmases, moving out, its over etc. Won't engage in any talk about fixing things, apart from with scorn.

I can't see how forcing the issue of a NC letter will do much until she's had time for this to sink in. Right now with her so sad and cold, it is hard to see things changing at all. I feel hollow, sick and totally drained.

B
B
you did good keeping your cool. Ignore the scorn, just be a broken record, I value our marriage, I'm willing to work on it as soon as you go NC with OM, etc. Get out and go for a drive if it becomes tough to hold your temper.

I'll let others address the NC letter.

I know how sad and draining this is. It's the worst thing that most of us will ever go through. Take extra care of yourself right now and remember to drink water and eat something. You've got to be the strong one for now.

M
M
OM wife knows. She texted me to say she would ring when calmer. I repeated how sorry I was, she said it wasn't my fault, neither of us did this.

Please follow up with this and make sure you speak to her. I cannot tell you how many times an affair partner has sent an email or text pretending to the be betrayed spouse. Your average married cheater is always on the lookout for an exposure letter.

Both sets of WS and my parents know, spoke to both. Supportive, angry, sad.

I can't see how forcing the issue of a NC letter will do much until she's had time for this to sink in. Right now with her so sad and cold, it is hard to see things changing at all. I feel hollow, sick and totally drained.

Well, you cant force her to do anything. But you should DEMAND that she end her affair and send the OM a letter saying that very thing. If she has "ended" her affair as she says, then she shouldn't have an issue with that.

Exposure 101

P
Pen93 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I think all of this may have just been the nail in a long hidden coffin.

I was hoping that we could work on something together over christmas, but she is insistent that she is leaving for her parents and won't be back until new year.

She has also been looking for apartments to rent in the new year. She still hasn't said she is definitely moving out, but it does feel like that is just a holding pattern till she has found somewhere, and she's certainly shown no interest in working to fix anything. Essentially right now we are 2 people sharing a small apartment.

I don't know for certain that the OMW knows, all I have is a text message and I have been asked to stop any further contact. I have no other avenue to follow there that I can see.

A NC letter: WS refuses saying that enough harm has already been done, and it seems pointless if WS will not commit to anything at all either way.

I think what reserves of hope I had are rapidly disappearing. I have been concentrating on myself, eating right, got a good haircut, trying to get back into the swing of things at work, arranging to meet up with friends. It feels like the only positive action I can take.

M
M
I don't know for certain that the OMW knows, all I have is a text message and I have been asked to stop any further contact. I have no other avenue to follow there that I can see.

What has happened is the OMW doesn't know yet so the affair went further underground. Your wife wants to move out to carry on the affair in peace.

I would FIND the OMW and talk to her. She will help you kill the affair.

Exposure 101

H
H
You MUST find and contact the OMW.

Exposing to her will assist in killing the affiar.

Get to it!

T
T
Until you face the OMW you will never know if the OM intercepted your messages.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation