Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
P
Originally Posted by Brian4678
cyllanlisa,
The nanny is still working for us; she'll be gone by the end of May when she graduates. I think it'll be worse to admit to my wife while the nanny is still working for us than when she's gone. Sadly, my wife likes her very much and she's great with our kids.

indiegirl,
As ridiculous as it sounds, our nanny is in a serious relationship with a guy she's sure about marrying. She doesn't want to break up my marriage or rub anything in my wife's face.

Bottom line, I know I need to confess to my wife but I'm terrified of the outcome. Ultimately it's her decision to stay or leave me and I guess I'm holding back because I know she'll leave me.

**EDIT**

Good grief Brian. **EDIT**

Last edited by MBeliever; 03/19/14 09:42 PM. Reason: Please keep your posts respectful. Thank you!

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

I
I
But...but....but....she agressivly seduced me! crybaby crybaby

Me 58: FWH (NC 32 yr), W 60, married 36 yr, DD 32
B
OP Offline
B
I confessed last night. I was alarmed at her calmness; said she suspected something but had no proof. She said there's no point in getting angry with me as I'm nothing but a disappointment and she's been waiting for the other shoe to drop. There's no saving us, she wants a divorce. She took the kids to her cousin's last night and when she comes home today, she doesn't want me here.

N
N
It's good that you told her, she deserves to know, and as you were well aware, it's her right to decide to try to salvage the marriage or end it.

AKA - mrs_cen
P
P
Sorry Brian. I was trying to get you to see how weak and foggy your logic was.

Honesty and facing your actions are the first step. Coming clean on your own is the best thing to have done.

You now have the opportunity to turn yourself around and make amends.

Last edited by pokerface; 03/20/14 08:39 AM.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

A
A
Glad to see you told her. You are correct, there is likely no saving this, when you chose the girl who was being paid to care for her children while she was out working, I think that is the line where, for most women, recovery becomes impossible. I think she'd rather it was her sister or mother than the woman paid to watch her children in her own home.

If for some reason she chooses recovery in the future, you will have to start by selling this house, do not expect her to ever return to it.

M
M
I confessed last night. I was alarmed at her calmness; said she suspected something but had no proof. She said there's no point in getting angry with me as I'm nothing but a disappointment and she's been waiting for the other shoe to drop. There's no saving us, she wants a divorce. She took the kids to her cousin's last night and when she comes home today, she doesn't want me here.

I am glad you told her. I would suggest you tell the nanny to hit the road and move out and find a hotel room.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
It's very judgmental of you to call me a "serial cheater" without knowing our history. I came to this site for advice and help, not to be made to feel like a bigger POS.

The other posters are correct...YOU ARE A SERIAL CHEATER!! Is there more than one AP? Well there ya go!!! If you can't admit BASIC FACTS like this you are only deceiving yourself.

That fact that your wife knew of one affair..yet stayed and was trying to recover...and you were STILL cheating with another IN HER HOUSE with the children's caretaker...that would be a dealbreaker for most. You have crushed this woman. You may have destroyed your marriage but TODAY you can decide to be respectful of your BW. If she wants a divorce, don't be a jerk about it.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
R
R
Telling her was the right thing to do.

You can choose to be a decent and worthy man (for whoever is your honest to goodness mate) in the future.

You don't have to be the guy you have been.

Learn about the concepts here and be a better father and work on how to be a better man.

B
B
Good job for doing the right thing by telling her.

Did you fire the nanny?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B
BrainHurts,
Yes, my wife called the nanny last night to fire her. She also had a few choice names for her as well, fortunately my kids didn't hear. She emailed me at work today and said she's not ready to come home yet. When she is, she wants me to stay with my brother.

M
M
BrainHurts,
Yes, my wife called the nanny last night to fire her. She also had a few choice names for her as well, fortunately my kids didn't hear. She emailed me at work today and said she's not ready to come home yet. When she is, she wants me to stay with my brother.

Did the nanny clear out? And are you moving to your brothers?

Did you and the nanny have a last hurrah last night?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
BrainHurts,

Good for you to tell her the truth. You are not being judged here understand that you are simply being provided with honesty. Your actions were cruel, unfair and selfish and nothing else will explain better than those three words. Now that you have done the right thing and made your BW aware you must let her maker her decision. The principles on this board teach us that anyone and everyone is wired to have an Affair so nobody thinks you are a bad person. You simply didn't protect your marriage from an affair, you had poor/no boundaries with the opposite sex.

If your wife gives you another chance, follow the principles outlined is SAA completely. You have already proved your current lifestyle does not prevent an A so you must follow the MB plan completely to prevent another affair and you must provide just compensation to your BW so she doesn't build with resentment and come to hate you.

Everybody here is willing to help you, your wife and your marriage but the principles must be followed exactly. Since you are a serial cheater any deviation from Dr. Harley's plan would be disastrous to your marriage.

C
C
I would actually go on step further, Brian, and say that you should follow the MB plan REGARDLESS of what your wife decides to do. Learning the principles here, and learning to apply them, will make you a better man and a better father. AND you will be a better husband as well, whether with your current wife or not.

This can be a big turning point for you. Why not grab the opportunity here with both hands? You will be teaching your kids a wonderful lesson.

You had the courage to tell your wife about your A. Do you have the courage to make these changes in your life?

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
G
G
You need to expose to the Nanny's fianc� too. Consider seeing your physician for an antidepressant.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
T
T
Originally Posted by graceful2b
You need to expose to the Nanny's fianc� too. Consider seeing your physician for an antidepressant.

This x1000. That poor guy deserves to know what he is getting into before he makes vows to that woman. It is your duty to warn him since this is your fault.

B
B
I wish you would've fired the nanny yourself. To show your BW you're serious about protecting her.

Have you written a NC letter to the nanny and given it to your BW to send?

When will you be exposing to the nanny's boyfriend?

Have you emailed this thread to your wife? Maybe she will come here for help?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Send this to your BW.

[from SAA, pg 58]

OW, I want you to know that out of respect and love for my wife and children, I have come to realize that I must never see or talk to you again. My relationship with you was a cruel indulgence that BS did not deserve. While I cannot completely repay BS for the pain I caused her, I will do my best to become the husband she has been missing. I care a great deal for my family and I would not want to do anything to risk their happiness. I will not make any further contact with you and I do not want you to make any contact with me. Please respect my desire to end our relationship.

Sincerely, XXXXX

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

G
G
Brian,

Glad you did the right thing, I really can't imagine you going through the rest of your marriage trying to avoid mention of the nanny that your BW loved, each time you hear being a trigger. Living in fear of being discovered is no way to live.

Everyone here understands why you went for the young nanny, and given a lack of personal boundaries I think any male here would fall for those charms.

God Bless
Gamma

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 906 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation