Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 108 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 107 108
W
OP Offline
W
I brought home roses for her and she liked them,appreciated them and thanked me for them even when she was mad at me as she was discussing what I did to her by exposing. I like how she continues to only see what I did never mind the affair, when will she crack. Grrrrrr!

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
W
OP Offline
W
I almost feel like I'm just prolonging my own healing time by fighting this. I feel like just giving in and telling her here you go. Go be happy or whatever it is this posom is doing for you.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
I
I
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
when will she crack. Grrrrrr!

When the A is dead, an NC letter has been sent and she has had no contact for some weeks. Until that time her head is full of goofy juice.

Once she is sober she will flat out refuse to believe she said most of this stuff. She honestly won't remember.

I almost feel like I'm just prolonging my own healing time by fighting this. I feel like just giving in and telling her here you go. Go be happy or whatever it is this posom is doing for you.

That's Plan B. You've still got Plan B in your back pocket. Just make sure you give her an excellent Plan A first. You're doing great.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

W
OP Offline
W
Don't worry I won't give in.

The one thing I hear her saying all the time is, it can't work b/c of the humiliation, not these exact words but just but implied. She will say things like I can't face your family etc...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
She seems to be in a better mood. Not sure if she has talked to him or what.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

I
I
it can't work b/c of the humiliation, .

Fog babble translation: "Stop exposing. It makes me see that sneaking around is humiliating. Before I was able to sneak around without realising it was humiliating!"

Nobody would have an A if they knew it was going to be exposed. It's nasty and humiliating. We only do nasty and humiliating things when we think people can't see us doing them.

W
OP Offline
W
Indie, you're right fog babble. I know this is a marathon. I feel like I need 1 day to just sleep. My daughter and I talked again this morning she is numb to it. She said she doesn't want anything to do with it. I told her that when things get tough we have to stand up and fight for what is right. She agreed. She has seen so much devistation with affairs and Divorce . She said to many people in her famil our divorced. I did tell her I am going to fight for this family.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

L
L
Would your Daughter speak to your Wife and express how much an intact family means to her and her Step Brother, along with reinforcing how much you love your Wife and will not sit back and let some outsider break up the family?

LTL

W
OP Offline
W
I'll talk to her when I pick her up from school. See what she says. There has been a lot of divorce in her life. I think she just wants to hide or avoid anything about it. I told her earlier we need to fight for our family to keep it together...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M

The one thing I hear her saying all the time is, it can't work b/c of the humiliation, not these exact words but just but implied. She will say things like I can't face your family etc...

I would just say "they love you dearly and want to see our marriage work out. They are supporting our marriage."

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
Mel, that actually is a true statement from all of my family.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

L
L
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

I would just say "they love you dearly and want to see our marriage work out. They are supporting our marriage."

Remind her too, that they are all Her Family too. They care deeply for her and your marriage.

LTL

W
OP Offline
W
She keeps telling me I'm delusional b/c the marriage is over and also I'm being bullheaded, stubborn and selfish. I just told I'm for our family.

I talk to my attorney today she said she got a message from wife's attorney on Friday. a settlement proposal, and my wife said she fairs for her safety and that I put a message on social media and was soliciting DNA. I never solicited DNA. I said if any one needs evidence I have it. Attorney advised me to stop this and get it done with.

I told my attorney she is having an affair and I put two different letters to selected persons through FB IM. I also told her if she fears for her safety why is she back in the home. She was oh really. I told her I know your my attorney and you will advise against social media etc.. but I'm trying to save this marriage. I said it's liable or slander if it isn't true. I said we then can request phone records etc.. I asked her to buy me time she said no problem. I will blow him off. I told her I'm trying to save this family. She was all for it...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

J
J
If the attorney questions your tactics further just tell her that you are following the advice of a national marriage expert, Dr. Willard Harley.

L
L
How long before you confront the POSOM?

Remember..... Calm, yet Firm. Let him know you will bring down Armageddon upon his life if he EVER tries to interfere with your Wife and Marriage again.

Next, prepare yourself for more outrage, insults, resentment and self pity depression from your Wife.

Be prepared for statements such as;

If you really loved me, you would let me go.

We haven't had a real marriage for years, except on a piece of paper.

God wouldn't want to remain in an unhappy marriage.

I just need to move on with my life.

We've outgrown each other.

I'm not your possession that you can just control and manipulate.

Etc...

Keep emotional reactions out of your mind. Validate that you understand why she would currently feel that way. Keep doing the next right thing and be supportive, without becoming a doormat.

You do have to maintain your personal boundaries.

And, keep the VAR turned on.

Did you install the GPS Tracker, preferably a Real Time version on her vehicle yet?

What about hiding the spare VAR's inside of her car and in the room at your home that she goes to sulk and hide away.

Keep going strong. Only the strong, patient and persistent come out on top.

LTL

I
I
She keeps telling me I'm delusional b/c the marriage is over and also I'm being bullheaded, stubborn and selfish. I just told I'm for our family.

I talk to my attorney today she said she got a message from wife's attorney on Friday. a settlement proposal, and my wife said she fairs for her safety and that I put a message on social media and was soliciting DNA. I never solicited DNA. I said if any one needs evidence I have it. Attorney advised me to stop this and get it done with.

I told my attorney she is having an affair and I put two different letters to selected persons through FB IM. I also told her if she fears for her safety why is she back in the home. She was oh really. I told her I know your my attorney and you will advise against social media etc.. but I'm trying to save this marriage. I said it's liable or slander if it isn't true. I said we then can request phone records etc.. I asked her to buy me time she said no problem. I will blow him off. I told her I'm trying to save this family. She was all for it...

Just pity her poor lawyer. She will have gone in there guns blazing, asking for the impossible - "Get him banged up for making me feel unsafe! But I still want to live with him". In these situations, the lawyer will say "Do you want me to put that in a letter to his lawyer?" It's often just to appease their crazy client.

I
I
and was soliciting DNA.

What an interesting glimpse into chicken OM's state of mind!

Unfortunately for his paranoid delusions he has to a) prove it and b) get someone to care that he has realised it might be careless to leave DNA in the panties of a cop's wife.

If this makes him nervous maybe he shouldn't do it!

L
L

Way to go with asserting your position with your attorney.

Sometimes they need to be reminded what YOUR Desired Result is and to put forth their best aggressive tactics to fervently achieve your desired goal to the best of their legal and humanly compassionate abilities.

LTL

L
L
Is MI a One Party or Two Party consent State for recordings to be admissible in court?

Regardless, please sincerely realize that your Wayward Wife's emotions are aiming to get you out of the picture so she can pursue her fantasy romance, even including trumped up BS charges for Abuse against you, compelling a court ordered TRO.

You know 1st hand how easily those TRO's are Rubber Stamped.

Prior to your confrontation with the POSOM, could you meet with your Wife in a public location for lunch or coffee and record a conversation that steers in the direction of verifying that you have Never verbally or physically abused her or put her in harms way?

You need to understand how irrational a Wayward will become and even temporarily believe their own lies and rewritten marital history.

LTL

W
OP Offline
W
I got a GPS. But it's not real time. It's the logger. I can't meet her for lunch. if they put a restraing order on me so be it. I won't be the first cop having one. I do have to put the GPS on her car. They are all out of them. Big business. When she told me about it the restraining order yesterday. She was back and forth with it. you know I'm not like that etc. I don't care. they will take my gun and put me on desk duty for six months. If she was so afraid of me. Why are you in the same house. I'm tired of her telling me everything would of probably saved our marriage if you didn't tell everyone I had an affair...he is going down today.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Page 34 of 108 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 107 108

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:09 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,607
Posts2,323,424
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation