Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Talk about Exposure!

ChaCha CEO Scott Jones says ex-worker�s harassment suit has �no merit whatsoever�

A flurry of accusatory tweets last July from the wife of ChaCha founder Scott Jones is behind a lawsuit filed this week by the employee she accused of having an affair with her husband.

Renee Larr, who has since left her job at ChaCha, has sued the online answer company for sexual harassment, saying the Carmel company created �an intimidating, hostile, offensive and abusive working environment� by failing to control Vee Jones, the wife of company�s CEO.

Larr denies in the lawsuit that she ever had an affair with Scott Jones.

In an email today, Scott Jones also denied an affair with Larr, but added, �However, Vee sincerely and absolutely was convinced there was an affair at the time.�

The ChaCha CEO also said Larr�s lawsuit �has absolutely no merit whatsoever� and contains �significant misrepresentations.�

The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Indianapolis, says that Larr had to quit her ChaCha job because of the highly public accusations, which went out to Vee Jones� 50,000 Twitter followers.

Larr is asking ChaCha to pay her for lost wages and benefits, damage for �mental anguish and consequential harm� and her legal fees.

The lawsuit concerns a bizarre Twitter episode starting on July 17 when Vee Jones, whose Twitter handle is @VeeVee, began accusing Larr, one 140-character tweet at a time, of having an affair with her husband. He is one of Indianapolis� most prominent digital entrepreneurs.

Larr, who was working at ChaCha at the time, said she told the company�s human resources director about the tweets and was assured that Vee Jones wouldn�t be allowed into the offices.

But later that day, Vee Jones entered ChaCha�s office and angrily confronted Larr at her desk in front of other employees, the lawsuit says.

�Vee Jones began shouting �Renee is a whore!� and repeated the phrase over and over,� the lawsuit says.
It also says that when Vee Jones was told that the police were being called, she screamed, �I�m coming back! I�m not done! I will be seeing you soon.�

A long series of accusatory tweets followed from Vee Jones over several days, mentioning Larr�s name and Twitter handle, the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit says Scott Jones arrived at ChaCha offices after his wife had left and called a meeting of employees to talk about the incident. The company founder later wrote an email to staff where he said, �I�m very sorry for the disruption� and explained that his wife was suffering from mental issues �or something even more serious,� according to the lawsuit.

F
F
Originally Posted by 20YearHistory
In an email today, Scott Jones also denied an affair with Larr, but added, �However, Vee sincerely and absolutely was convinced there was an affair at the time.�

Gas lighting? I hope the wife had good evidence if there really was an A.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
M
M
hmmmm well, that is why it is so important to get evidence and make sure there is actually an affair first. In all the years I have been here, though, there has only been ONE case I know about where there was not really an affair.

In the above situation, she is either truly mentally ill or the husband asked the wife to go along with his denial in order to protect himself legally.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

F
F
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
... in order to protect himself legally.

And throw his wife under the bus. How nice.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
J
J
Here is a good article, a lawyer sued over being posted on www.liarscheatersrus.com and the lawsuit was quickly dismissed. Gloria Allred represented the posters:

http://legalschnauzera.blogspot.com/2012/02/roller-derby-queen-prevails-in-legal.html#.U24-YYFdUrU

M
M
awesome!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
The case doesn't even meet the definition of sexual harrassment lol. I guess her lawyer couldn't file for defamation since the truth would crush that so he was reaching with sexual harrassment. rotflmao rotflmao

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
Most waywards don't take it this far, because as fogged as they are, most realize that filing a lawsuit over exposure only brings MORE exposure. The thing they are trying to avoid!! In this case, the WS only brought attention to the fact that he is a liar and cheater and ruined his reputation on a national scale. So cool! grin

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Most waywards don't take it this far, because as fogged as they are, most realize that filing a lawsuit over exposure only brings MORE exposure. The thing they are trying to avoid!! In this case, the WS only brought attention to the fact that he is a liar and cheater and ruined his reputation on a national scale. So cool! grin

And imagine all the flip out screaming between the APs lol Go Vee!! hurray laugh

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
J
J
Here's another lawsuit against internet exposure website www.cheaterville.com : It was dismissed because people have the right to post on the internet!

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/03/maryland-doctor-sues-cheaterville-ruining-marriage-affair/

A
A
Originally Posted by 20YearHistory
Larr, who was working at ChaCha at the time, said she told the company�s human resources director about the tweets and was assured that Vee Jones wouldn�t be allowed into the offices.

But later that day, Vee Jones entered ChaCha�s office and angrily confronted Larr at her desk in front of other employees, the lawsuit says.

�Vee Jones began shouting �Renee is a whore!� and repeated the phrase over and over,� the lawsuit says.
It also says that when Vee Jones was told that the police were being called, she screamed, �I�m coming back! I�m not done! I will be seeing you soon.�

The lawsuit says Scott Jones arrived at ChaCha offices after his wife had left and called a meeting of employees to talk about the incident. The company founder later wrote an email to staff where he said, �I�m very sorry for the disruption� and explained that his wife was suffering from mental issues �or something even more serious,� according to the lawsuit.

How screwed up is it that ANYONE at the company told this woman (the AP) that the CEO'S WIFE would NOT be allowed onto company premises because of something she posted on Twitter! I would understand if it was a death threat, but an affair accusation? I would guess this woman bluffed the HR Director with a legal threat of some sort. Otherwise something here doesn't add up.

And the police were called? For what?

Also...this email the guy sent to the company staff...he's going to be sleeping on the couch for a LONG time, assuming his wife doesn't kick him out of the house. Priceless.

APs sure know how to work the system to protect themselves.

I agree this lawsuit is probably going nowhere. Wait till Mrs. Jones gets lawyered up and then get the popcorn.

All of this is just too funny (and familiar) after having gone through it myself!

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
A
A
It was apparently just settled out of court.

M
M
Originally Posted by apples123
It was apparently just settled out of court.

It did....and in December Vee Vee issued the following apology:

Originally Posted by VeeVee Jones
In July of 2013, I tweeted several messages accusing Renee Larr of having an adulterous affair with my husband. I included in these tweets other inappropriate comments and remarks about and to Ms. Larr which I now recognize were wrong and which I now deeply regret.

I recognize and acknowledge that I had no basis in fact for reaching this conclusion about Ms. Larr, and that it was wrong to make these statements and remarks publically and on social media. I, therefore, apologize to Ms. Larr and her family in the strongest possible terms for my conduct. "

This is such a messed up story that it's really hard to distinguish the truth. VeeVee (a professional poker player) was her multi-millionaire husband's, Scott Jones (CEO of ChaCha) third wife. They met on Match and she got pregnant shortly after they started dating...they married later when she was pregnant with a second child. These are Scott's 4th and 5th children. Nothing is mentioned about Scott's first two wives but it does appear he was a regular cheater on VeeVee and she referred to him as a sex addict....the question remains whether he really cheated with this Renee Larr or not. Renee was a newly wed. People questioned why she was getting promotions and raises over others while the company was struggling. The inner circle of male executives seem to take a fancy to her. Maybe they fooled around and nobody would fess up OR it was a figment of the wife's imagination. She was pregnant and also looking after a toddler so she was a hormonal mess and had a husband she knew not to trust. Powder keg material.

I'm betting the apology was carefully drafted and published as part of the settlement. It really doesn't clear Renee's name completely and if she's just an innocent victim in this case, what a shame but as is often the case in this high profile matters, use sheeple will never know.

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
I
I
Beware of the company you keep.

This is why serial cheats shouldn't hold high positions.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 893 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation